1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  4. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!
  5. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  6. Vote now for the Monthly PAW October 2019!

Dr Stone Episode 19: To Modernity

Discussion in 'Dr. Stone' started by Marco Polo, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:57 AM.

1. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

2. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Expand Collapse

When you can't beat them in a head-on attack, sneak in... I like the thinking from Senku here. Obviously they're not going to be able to make an iPhone or something like that, but I imagine we'll see something that works well enough as a phone/communications device. The fancy bits can come later.

Taiju and Yuzuriha are about to come back in to play as well now, exciting! How will Senku let them know about his plan, though? It's all well and good having the right people on the inside, but he has to be able to send them a message somehow.

Kia likes this.
  3. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait to see Taiju and Yuzuriha again! This was a fun episode. Suika is such a cutie risking her life for the village v.v
    Also Homura looks weird in the anime...

Kia likes this.
  4. Kia

Kia
    Jimbabe
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

Finally got to watch this! I was thinking the whole time “Where’s Taiju and Yuzuriha?” when they showed the flashback in the Tsukasa Kingdom. But then they came up later so my concerns that they were offed after being discovered were quashed. So that new girl is feisty and a fitting antagonist for Kohaku. I like her. I’m guessing that Suika is somehow going to deliver these cell phones to the double agents with Gin’s help. Fricking cell phones. This guy and his wacky plans. Is gonna look like a SAT phone or something outlandish but that’s fine. I can’t wait to see it.

5. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Expand Collapse

She does look a bit like a Barbie doll, doesn’t she?

6. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, now you mention it, she does. I didn't realize she has pink her but then the pink clothes? A bit much imo. Where did they even get pink clothes from? Pig skin or something? O.o

7. Kia

Kia
    Jimbabe
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

There’s plenty of things in nature that could’ve used as a natural dye. The new guy with the spear isn’t an idiot and Tsukasa himself knows enough of surviving and living in the natural world to understand that basic premise quite well. If you can tan hides, dying them in the process isn’t that difficult. The salt used in the solution should set the colour. I’m sure he knows enough to know that every animal has enough brains to tan their own hide, etc. and as I said, there’s plenty of things you can use to get natural dyes. They might’ve been going for red and it ended up a washed out pink due to the sun/time *shrug*

8. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Expand Collapse

I guess thinking they used blood makes it cooler. She still looks weird though. I preferred her in the manga.

9. Kia

Kia
    Jimbabe
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

Bloodstains are more brown though. Then again, I’ve never tried using it as a dye on purpose or on leather or fur.

Personal preferences are legit. Sucks that the anime messed her up for you. Guess that’s where I’m happy that I have no preconceived notions about anyone.

10. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Expand Collapse

Maybe she has naturally pink hair... this is anime, after all.

There are a couple of character models in the anime that are a little meh, mainly the women. Kohaku’s one that’s been memed a bit:

37DAEA9D-D498-4C93-BE3B-A5A50C839DF3.png

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

This felt so much longer in the manga...which is a bad thing for pacing. Do you know how many chapters go into an anime episode? As long as we aren't in Bleach/Naruto ratios of 4+ chapters for each anime episode, things should be OK I guess.

Yes there are many natural dyes, but we are getting oversimplifications of a character with a color. The anime gives manga fans some fan service by purposefully showing future characters. So I agree with @Marco Polo.