1. OPF's 2nd One Piece Character Popularity Poll has arrived! Vote NOW!
  2. Participate in the OPForum's Secret Santa HERE!
  3. Vote now for the Monthly PAW November 2019!
  4. We have a NEW subforum for Dr. Stone! Check it out!
  5. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dr. Stone - Favourite Characters

Discussion in 'Dr. Stone' started by sweetjacky, Oct 21, 2019.

1. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Alright, it's time to get this subforum started!

[​IMG]

I think there's a really cool variety of characters. So who are your favourite characters in Dr. Stone and why?

Seiryu, Kia and Marco Polo like this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    wicked weeby witch
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

Senku and Tsukasa (I miss him—come on, anime show my guy again.)

They represent the two halves of myself basically. The nature and science minds that exist within me. The woo-woo and rational. Usually they can coexist but sometimes there’s conflict like when it comes to how to deal with those who not only differ from me but do so in such a manner as to be extraordinarily harmful to the rest of the world. That’s when my laissez-faire/love and light mentality struggles to keep up and the Senku mentality of wanting everyone to survive is not really wanting to fly with me because I want to be like Tsukasa and eliminate them all. The issue is that I realize that makes me just like them so I refrain—hence the science brain. Like I said, both are my husbandos. ^_^

GoldenVenus and Seiryu like this.
  3. Marco Polo

monkey d. goth girl
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

The obvious pick is Senku - he's charismatic, entertaining and he's got the rare quality of being an MC that isn't outshone by the rotating cast of supporting characters.

Of the rest of the cast, I like Gen (battles of the mind are always fun) and Ginro (he may be a little weasel but he pulls through when you need him to)

GoldenVenus and Seiryu like this.
  4. sweetjacky

Doggie Mom
    Administrator Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Senku on this. He's just amazing and always pulls off something amazing with his science knowledge. No idea if all of it makes sense but it's still fun to read/watch what he's coming up with. Also his reaction faces are priceless xD

Then there's Gin because he's always charismatic and I wish I had even 1% of his talking skills.

Not to forget Kaseki! I love how passionate that old man is about his craftsmanship and he never turns down a challenge (Senku's crazy plans).

And I also wanna mention Suika because she's adorable! Cutest little detective/spy ever! <3

Seiryu, Marco Polo and Kia like this.
  5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Tsukasa for me. I'm always a sucker for the "true martial artist" that uses his power for good (excluding his revenge on the drunk fisherman). But the sad past is probably what really suckered me in. The entire story downplays how hard a life Tsukasa had, which makes his line on "we really could be best friends if we met earlier" all the more impactful. Tsukasa had to be the adult in his family while Senku was off playing with rockets.

The science-y side of me really likes Chrome. His pure love of science (and not knowing what it is until Senku comes along and explains it) is something I think we all lose as adults.

Manga character:
    Byakuya. Despite his limited air time, by FAR the best character in the series. I don't see anything happening in the plot to change my mind on this.

GoldenVenus and Kia like this.
  6. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

1 Ginro

[​IMG]

2 Detective Suika

[​IMG]
    Probably because this two were the MVP in securing the Lab for Senku and Co. (also the time when I stop reading the series, but will surely get back to it soon!) I like the guts of Ginro even though his known as a selfish, coward, lazy, pervert and with the dumb moments :tearsofjoy:! Despite all of his shortcomings he is a genuine guy and will do his utmost best to help and protect his family and friends, Suika on the other hand is just so lovable :hearteyes:

Seiryu and GoldenVenus like this.
  7. Chaudfontaine

Rudolfontaine
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Full on Gen for me. He is the coward that still gets away with his talent: words.

Seiryu likes this.
  8. Kia

Kia
    wicked weeby witch
    Event Host Captain
    Expand Collapse

So the dichotomies of had to grow up too quickly and was spoiled in the sciences/academically also speak to me about my guys. There’s just so much about them to which I can relate. It brings me such pleasure to watch.

Chrome is fun but I was never that pure about anything. I do like that aspect of him but my other guys trump him. Kohaku is another one that I appreciate for her strength of mind, body and spirit despite the hardships it brings about for her—she sticks to her beliefs and goals.

Seiryu likes this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Yup, with the great storytelling, it is hard to have a bad answer here. Even some of the "antagonists" like Magma or his annoying chibi underling are perfect in their roles. If that's what someone relates to the most, I would only have to agree since the character development is amazing for how little airtime the support characters get.

10. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

The first would be the guy who kept counting seconds for 3700 years, Senkuu of course. That quick thinking and adaptability and the tenacity to follow through them are commendable.

And the second would be Ginro. Everyone feels fear but most of the characters in the series have a means to supress it. Logic, strength, experience, bravery, conviction, even ignorance. While most other have such means, Ginro, who is seemingly even more afraid of things compared to other, does now. And yet despite that, he supresses that fear with sheer willpower and overcomes it. Like Usopp was in the past, an ant that walks the same path as giants but doesn't fall behind or gets stepped on but one that rises to the occassion and keeps growing taller as they walk.

Seiryu, sweetjacky and Kia like this.