1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The first PAW of the year... Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dr. Stone - General Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'Dr. Stone' started by Johannes, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Galkie

Anime-Lover.
    Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I finished the serie yesterday.
    A lot of focus on the science side for sure. But that also is a great aspect in telling the story.

I liked it all the way through, from the break-neck speed of pacing, up into the development of the story.
    Slowly getting back into the modern world. Funny how important some stuff are eh haha

Also, how the Kingdom of Science actually look more like civilization than the caveman on the Tsubasa side that got revived. Lol.

One big thing that popped up in my head was.... The group of people of the Ishigami village...
    Incest. A lot of incest right there...

Well, can't wait for S2 tbh.

2. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

I mean, have you read the Bible? All the incest. If everyone originated from two people... all the begat’s in the world won’t change the fact that it’s incest central lol.

3. Leandro

I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

#103 Leandro, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Few animes have good quality in fight scenes,the biggest are allways the worst.
    One Piece has one of the worst animation ever,you have to compare it to Yu Yu Hakusho to see worse (old era).
    In this era of animation we have HD and it is an absolute insult for every fans the level of animation they have,everybody can see it and everybody has the choice to admit it or not.
    I think it's fair to say that no big anime has a great animation but One Piece in this era is just horrible.
    I won't discuss budget,i say if it's too big they should stop working on it because each episode they launch is an embarassment for all anime industry and the ugly art style of most characters like i said doesn't help.
    And some mangakas should stop using so many plot twists,it gets messy some times.
    One Piece and Shingeki no Kyojin are infamous for this!
    And other problem is the lack of stories based on real life action.
    Where are the samurai?
    And where are the ninjas?
    Where are the gunslingers?
    With billions of people in this world nobody likes animes of vigilantes with real weapons?
    Because it scares the kids?
    Attack on Titan scares the kids!!!
    It has to be with super powers or abilities the producers can't develop properly and they end up wasting their characters at classic way!
    Animes need more diverstity of genres,every year it's all the same!
    I still want an anime like the punisher,at least similar!
    I've been waiting for years and nothing:(:(:(

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Wow...I don't know where to begin...Animation and artwork are completely different since Yu Yu Hakusho...that's almost as old as I am... I'm a fan since I grew up on it, but damn, if you think all of the fight scenes are only equivalent to 1990's animation then we aren't discussing animation at all. Sounds like a bias against the content to me (based on speed reading the following counter arguments).
    I haven't tracked the viewer ratings since K-F went down, but Japanese fans still watch even if you think is is an "embarrassment". Oda's said so himself that One Piece is targeted for the Japanese audience, but he will try his best to respect the international audience.
    Really, do you like a predictable plot? I enjoyed the first half of Shingeki, but I stopped once there was too much human vs. human fighting. Lost the allure of fighting invincible monsters.
    Action series on real life stuff is very common for other magazines. I forget what the magazine is called but there's one for adult males. I followed the "Crows" series from it. WSJ is meant for teens, so it has and always will have higher censorship that something like this adult male magazine.
    For this first question, again, it's out there in other magazines. There's scanlation sites only for these smaller series. Shingeki is a completely different magazine, which is also why the concept of eating humans can get published. Those moral values are a big reason why Japan has the lowest crime rate and also has the cleanest streets. I'll happily take our moral beliefs if it keeps up how and what people do.
    There's constantly new series. There are dozens of manga magazines. Some are monthly, but I'd bet there's something out there matching the action you are describing. It will have to be one of the less popular magazines though. What you are looking for is not popular in Japan.

5. Leandro

I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Let's see...
    I have no bias against the content,i know what i saw.
    I feel sorry for the poor japanese audience because they are blind,they deserve better.
    As for predictable plots,it depends on what they do.
    There is a story from the same mangaka of Shingeki with much less plot twists and it's everything but predictable.
    Saitama can beat his enemies with one punch,predictable but i still want to see them burn so i'm good LOL
    Japan is not safe because of their series or censorship,it's because of their people who are more calm and they hate war and violence.
    The martial arts they can practice like judo can also teach how to have a decent behaviour and these arts are made for self defense.
    But i think they now use their bias in their animation,the censorship is preventing other different ideas.
    Even if they had adult series of gunslingers or samurai their crime rate would not increase.
    I still say it is a mistake to supress their art with their laws.
    And i will never understand why on Japan something like Tokyo Ghoul has more audience than Samurai Champloo!

6. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

OPF funny moment, heh heh

Kia likes this.
  7. Galkie

Anime-Lover.
    Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

I didnt actually read the bible. But that was a common fact lol :p