1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dr. Stone

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Johannes, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Information:

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jul, 2019 to ?
    Premiered: Summer 2019
    Broadcast: Unknown
    Producers: Shueisha
    Licensors: None found, add some
    Studios: TMS Entertainment
    Source: Manga
    Genres: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Shounen
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Synopsis:

One fateful day, all of humanity was petrified by a blinding flash of light. After several millennia, high schooler Taiju awakens and finds himself lost in a world of statues. However, he’s not alone! His science-loving friend Senku’s been up and running for a few months and he's got a grand plan in mind—to kickstart civilization with the power of science!

(Source: Viz Media)

MyAnimeList

2. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Update: Episode 1 - Stone World :cool:

3. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Anyone seen the first episode yet?

4. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I've watched the first episode, it was not bad. I like the character (Senku) but I'll have to where the story goes.

5. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Just seen Episode one and ooh boy I’m excited. The art is very faithful to the manga and Taiju/Senku are pretty much how I imagined them (though I’m willing to bet Senku gets gradually more extra as the show progresses

Recommendations for:

@Chaudfontaine @Admiral Ryokugyu @Seiryu @Jawahib and anyone else who likes science idk

6. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

just watched it, and i already like the story. I might switch to the manga later if the anime skips stuff. Interesting story.

Marco Polo likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Thanks for the tag. I've literally skimmed through the manga for years (so I've seen random panels over the years, but never got into it). I know I love the details and shading of the mangaka's style, so I'll give the anime a shot.

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Woah! That was an enticing first episode. I won't mention any manga spoilers, but I'm super curious to see the progression since I know certain achievements/steps of progress. I have to admit that the plot itself it a whole lot better than it seemed from the outside. Senku seemed like a stuck-up bastard from the outside, but he probably is Taiju's best friend. I personally loved the scene where Senku bets the house (at least for a high school kid) on Taiju not getting rejected. Senku definitely is driven by personal reasons (he likes the challenge of literally overcoming the entire world with science), but I wouldn't care about him as a character if he was "empty". I don't know if the opening chapter had the same balance of showing off his science skills (successfully reviving the bird) with the humanization of Senku.

I'll probably end up catching up to the manga, but damn, the anime would be worth it if they can keep up with the beautiful artwork the mangaka puts out. From seeing random pages, some of his landscape panels were amazing.

9. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I’ve watched the first two episodes and am loving this show! It’s great. I’ve got two husbandos LOL. No seriously. The characters, animation and conflict are already bam. There’s comedy and the science is good as well. I truly look forward to where this is going. The boiling people down to basic types because there’s so few left is great. I look forward to seeing the conflicts... I’m already pleased that I’m not a singularity kind of person because I cannot choose between Senku and Tsubasa. I feel/agree with them both in different parts of me. So yeah. I dunno. I mean I haven’t read the manga but we shall see. As I said in the other thread, Are You Lost/Sounan Desu Ka? is similar in that it’s got survivalism but with high school girls on a tropical island

Seiryu and GoldenVenus like this.
  10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Oh man, I can definitely relate because I think Tsukasa/Tsunasa is the first baddie I love more than any other character in the series. Hisoka from HxH was probably the closest thing but Tsukasa is hands down my favorite character in this series.

Thé WTF faces look better in the manga (I just jumped straight into the manga but I’ll try to keep up with the anime), but the nature scenes are definitely better in the anime. So much potential and hopefully the 100 or so chapters keep things connected.

11. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I've watched Ep 3, and I'm liking it so far. Senku and Tsukasa are definitely my favorite characters (still team Senku though XD).

12. Johannes

Expand Collapse

Expecting for Chibi Senku and Funny facial expressions :tearsofjoy:!

13. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well that got real. They’re seriously keeping the levels up as far as skills/abilities and I appreciate that. It would be boring as all hell if Tsukasa couldn’t hold his own with Senku or was conniving. He’s genuinely pure hearted and wants what he feels is best for the world. He doesn’t see the point in fighting unnecessarily so he posed a question, gave an option then went about his business. However, he wasn’t fooled by the ruse and knows the plan. So now it’s a race. Exciting indeed. The humor interspersed throughout is great and I’m looking forward to the next clash. Hopefully little miss lovelorn proves to be useful somehow.