1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dragon's plan explained

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Admiral Ryokugyu, May 13, 2018.

1. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#1 Admiral Ryokugyu, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Hi everyone

As you saw in Chapter 904, the Revolutionary Army plans to declare war against the Celestial Dragons. They said that Reverie will be an opportunity to do that.

The majority of readers thought that what Dragon meant was to attack Mariejois during the Reverie. I strongly believe this is NOT the case. Dragon is not stupid to the point of launching an all-out attack against the most important city of the World Government in which the entire Marine forces will be present. Re-read the chapter as many times as you want, the word "attack" was never mentioned regarding the war against Mariejois. They only talked about a "declaration" of war.

Oda gave us a hint, in the same chapter, at what the Revolutionaries will do. That guy is a pure genius. In Chapter 904, when the Pinkbeard Pirates attacked Ilusia Kingdom, the ugly captain Pinkbeard ordered that girl to bring money. She replied saying that they only got the Celestial Gold that they must give to Celestial Dragons.

During the Reverie, the kings of the countries of the World Govt are all in Mariejois with their elite soldiers, so the Revolutionary Army will take them off guard. They will occupy all those countries, and no more gold will be given to Celestial Dragons by those countries. It is a declaration of war. This is a known military strategy, they will cut the arms of the Octopus. Imagine the World Govt as a giant octopus controlling the world, its arms are all the countries that fund it. What is the first thing you do if you wanna take down that World Govt ? Cut the funds. In other words, cut its hands.

This will be the beginning of the huge war that Oda had been teasing for so long. In a recent interview with Viz Media, Oda talked about how the future of One Piece is exciting, he said that " fans will get to see the important players making their progress, while a power change disturbs the world ".

Monkey D. Dragon will have the World Govt's countries under his control. No more gold will be given to Celestial Dragons anymore. A huge war begins, taking place in different locations of the world, Revolutionaries engaging in Guerrilla fights ... that's how i imagine things going .

You saw the 4 commanders, Morley and Betty and Lindbergh and Karasu. I like them, but you can tell that their powers are not made for a direct military engagement against the Marine. This isn't the Revolutionary Army's style. They already took Doflamingo's guns, do you think those guns will do anything to Marines and CP-0 in Mariejois ? of course not, and Dragon knows that. He'll start a very large-scale war against the Government, and it's just the beginning.

At this year's Reverie, a new power will rise to free the world. The kings who attended Reverie left an opening, and Dragon will not waste this opportunity. One Piece will never be the same as soon as Dragon makes his move.

2. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 Admiral Ryokugyu, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    j

3. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Quite a good observation man.I agree with the idea that Dragon and the revolutionary army will first begin to weaken the WG through means other than head to head combat,since they lack the resources to do that.So far,they have been freeing small islands and slowly gaining allies while slightly crippling the WG's influence.But the WG has vast resources.If they wanted to cut the gold supply,they'd have to use a huge amount of resources on many fronts,many of which would not be properly protected due to lack of commanders.So I'm not sure if the application is feasible for the revolutionary army.Though,I still agree on the fact that they won't go head to head with the WG right now,and another comment that I just made in another thread is actually relevant.

"Considering the timing,I'd say they'll attack the Reverie.As for the specific target,I believe they will attempt a "rescue mission" where they will break free the slaves that are currently inside Mariejois,like Fisher Tiger did in the past.Belo Betty's ability will play a big role there,so the timing of her introduction should also be considered."

I believe Dragon will use this opportunity deal a blow to the WG's pride and image,by invading Mariejois and freeing the slaves,and boosting his army at the same time by doing so.Hit,rescue,run.

Juggy and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  4. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I hope so. I would love to see the revolutionaries invading Mariejois, but how ? Security must be reinforced around Mariejois, I don't know how they could take the Marines and Cipher Pol by surprise .

Yuuzume likes this.
  5. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

If you meant how they'll surprise the marines and CP0,just by attacking.The WG isn't expecting something so bold as an attack on Mariejois itself,so it'll be enough to catch them by surprise.If you meant how they'll get by unnoticed,there's no need for them to do so.They can take advantage of the surprise to rescue the slaves before the Marines round up all their top fighters.As for how they'll manage until then,Dragon,Sabo,Iva,Inazume and so on are powerful enough to take on the Marines for a short time.And then escape on ships full of Okama waiting relatively close by.

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  6. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Lol I imagine Akainu's face when he sees Okama invading Mariejois that would be hilarious

7. vinna

Expand Collapse

Some nice ideas here! But I see it in a slightly different way. I don't think that Dragon want to rule the world, but rather free it. The panel where the RA "contact card" were given to a population that suffers under Royal abuse and were just encourage to raise up seems a good way to creat a bond. It might get to a point where lots of people all around the world feel strong enough to battle against injustice. This is a effective way to build up a massive army that could confront the WG at the same time that teachs the people that they got to be free.

8. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Hahahahahahahahahaha,oh,man,that would be awesome.Dude,that would be a huge "plus".

9. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Don't octopus arms grow back XD
    Mocking aside, I think that this may just happen. I can't wait to see the politics, especially since I don't get affected by the consequences!

10. servo

Expand Collapse

Thats a nice theory you gotr pretty believable but none theless I believe RA is going down eventually and this marks the beginng of it

11. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree. What i meant wasn't that Revolutionaries will occupy those countries by force. Citizens of those countries are oppressed and treated like animals by Celestial Dragons, they're forced to give Celestial Gold. The revolutionary army will come to inspire them and help them to rise against the filthy Mariejois. Thus, by the voice of its citizens, those countries will be declared under Revolutionary Army's protection.

vinna and Dara like this.
  12. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Unless some of the decisions taken in Reverie are regarding Nico Robin XD

in Dragon we TRUST !!

13. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

Yeah that's a really good theory about RA trying to cut off the gold supply to the Tenryuubito. I doubt that Dragon would want to attack the Reverie head on. Like you said, it's a 'declaration' of war. When people want to declare a war, they'd usually make a move that would serve as a warning to the enemies.

14. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

This comment made my day XD

15. opareyoukiddingme?

Expand Collapse

Yes exactly! dragon said that he is going to the reverie only to declare war, not to fight them directly

16. Kreydens

Expand Collapse

Maybe Dragin wants to expose some weakness of WG or will try to take away WGs logistics position which sie Marjejois which is exacly i perfect position to swim to all 4 seas using sea prism boats. If they lose this position countries in 4 seas would be too far to control. Meaning Dragon might want to destroy the construction, fortress it self not to fight anyone. Its like with ennies lobby, destroyed by Luffy shinanigans.

17. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

the problem about that is Revolutionaries don't wanna just storm in and kill people. There are some good kings in Mariejois like Nefertari Cobra and Riku ... if they destroy that big fortress they might kill them, because the Reverie takes place in that building

18. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dyam a lot of time was put into this I could never make a threoy this long idk how threoist in this forum do this

Admiral Ryokugyu and Zweins like this.
  19. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The theory is good. Dragon has turned many country’s against the WG and can use this opportunity turn many more. He is currently the biggest threat to the WG.
    It’s also well thought. It’s the best theory I’ve read in long time.

20. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much i appreciate it