1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Dreams Come True

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Erandel, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Erandel

Expand Collapse

I just wanted to post my thoughts on when each of the straw hats dreams will come true. And I want to know what other people think.

Luffy: Well, this is obvious, it's when he finds the one piece on Raftel
    Zoro: when he defeats Mihawk
    Nami: This one is going to take a long time, since she has to travel everywhere on earth. So this one is gonna be accomplished years after they find the one piece.
    Sanji: This is kind of a toss up, no one knows where the all blue is. I think the all blue will be the sea surrounding Raftel
    Usopp: This one is also a toss up. I personally believe that his dream of becoming a brave warrior of the sea will be officially accomplished at Elbaf.
    Chopper: I think his dream of finding a cure for every disease will be accomplished years after they find the one piece like Nami' s dream.
    Robin: Just like Nami and Chopper, her dream will be accomplished years after they find the one piece. She has to travel the world looking for all the ponyglyphs which is going to take a long time.
    Franky: His dream has already been accomplished. I don't know if anyone thinks differently.
    Brook: His dream will be accomplished after they find the one piece and get back the the beginning of the grand line where Laboon is waiting.

Well, these are my thoughts, I'd love to see what other people think.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

With most I do agree.

Sanji, I think All blue will either be found before, or after Raftel. And he might go back to Zeff in the end and tell him about All Blue. That would be awsome.
    Chopper: Even in OP, finding cure to every single disease, is a stretch. Him becoming one of the greatest doctors, I see as his dream.
    Robin: But dont they need all the Poneglyphs to find Raftel in the first place? So she will find them all and then maby theres one hidden in Raftel too.
    Franky: Id say after theyre adventure is over, and the Thousand Sunny is still alive, he could say his dream came true. It was to go along with a crew in the first place, yes some of it came true. He is living his dream as we speak.

Erandel likes this.
  3. WiseMofo69

Trouvaille
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy's is when he becomes Pirate King at the end. Zoro's will probably be during his final battle, either against Mihawk or whoever manages ot overthrow Mihawk first (Shiliew?!). Usopp's is probably like Zoro's, during his last battle. Sanji's ends at either Raftel or Mariejois, depending on where Oda chooses to put the All Blue. Chopper's will be either when he finds the miracle tree that Hiruluk was talking about, or when he cures Luffy of the same disease that Roger had. Robin's will be at Raftel when she finds the Rio Poneglyph. Franky's and Brook's are when they get all the way through the Grand Line.

Nami's is the only one I can see happening in an epilogue sorta deal, because there's so much backtracking that her dream requires.

Erandel likes this.
  4. Glaze D. Bacon

Light it up.
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nami: It’s true that traveling the Grand Line limits her from surveying the rest of the world, but keep in mind that if the East Blue has its own map, then we can assume that the other three oceans excluding the entirety of the Grand Line have already been charted. And Nami’s Grand Line map is also limited since they sailed on one of many paths when they started out.

Usopp: He won’t feel like a true warrior just by doing something at Elbaf, whch will not be the final location. He’ll certainly be up there like one, but he might officially consider himself one after the series is over.

Sanji: The All Blue might be a result of the Red Line being destroyed, unifying “all” the oceans into one. It may sound too over the top, but then again, it’s One Piece.

Chopper: I think the ingredients necessary for Chopper’s miracle cure can be found in such a dangerous sea as the Grand Line, don’t you think?

Robin: Like Chopper, Robin can find everything she needs to know about the Lost History just by journeying on the Grand Line. The Rio Poneglyph is made up of only nine Poneglyphs.

Franky: I think his dream will really be fulfilled when the Sunny actually reaches Raftel.

Brook: If the Red Line does get destroyed, Laboon can just come swimming across where Reverse Mountain used to be and meet up with Brook in the New World, or the latter can meet up with the former back at the Twin Capes instead.

Erandel and WiseMofo69 like this.
  5. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Agree with most of it,let me add something...
    Luffy could have a better ending but in animes where the creator has more eyes than belly it's never like that.
    I think Zoro beating Mihawk doesn't really comes to the picture now after he trainned with him,maybe Shilliew would be better,and Stormy will also think that Mihawk has Kuina's soul:laughing:
    Sanji still has to forget a nightmare he had in the okama land with those freaks.
    Nami will acomplish her dream after finding One Piece,and then she will marry Sanji to acomplish her other dream of dominatrix or some other guy with deep pockets just to buy her new dresses.
    Usopp will be the greatest liar in the world.
    Before Brook finds Laboon he still has to find a girl that can show him her panties.
    And that would be all:zorolaughing:

Erandel likes this.
  6. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy: Like you said,this is painfully obvious.

Zoro: I agree with you on this.After all,Zoro asked Mihawk to train him so that he could one day beat him.

Nami: I agree with you here too.Mnay islands and parts of the sea may be charted already but Nami wants to draw her own charts since they're way more accurate than the ones that exist already because of her gift for creating sea charts.

Sanji: His dream already came true at Mermaid Island where he found the All Blue of his heart.Kidding of course, it will come true when he finds the All Blue,wherever Oda chooses to place it.

Chopper: Perhaps after he witnesses Law using the immortality surgery,he will come up with a similar one that does not grant immortality but cures every disease...pr so I'd like to say but honestly,I find or any other scenario a bit farfetched with only the amount of information we currently have.

Robin: Technically,her dream is to find out the lost history that transgressed during the void century.If she had let Reyleigh tell her,her dream would have come true at Sabaody.But she chose to find a conclusion of her own along with the SHs so her dream will come true when they learn of that history,so when the Rio Poneglyph is created.

Franky: His dream may have been to built his dream ship tat can sail any sea,but a requirement for that to happen was that his ship actually sailed that sea first.

Brook: His dream will come true when he returns to the Twin Cape and meets Laboon.

WiseMofo69 likes this.
  7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Nami and Robin are definitely the X-factors. I don't have the time to check the raw, but I do not think the raw text has Nami's dream as a world map of the ENTIRE world. My memory just remembers "sekei no chizu" ("map of the world"). So I think it is fitting that Nami's dream is accomplished with Raftel.

I think it was Inuarashi, but he gives the total number of poneglyphs created, as well as the key poneglyphs that make up Rio Poneglyph. Just like Nami, Oda probably has Robin's dream as the simpler dream of just Rio Poneglyph.

If Oda does the literal dream, yes it would take many years to accomplish.

Chopper's dream is much more simpler, and actually not that big a deal (I've got my own private practice as a doctor, just not a MD). Drum is the best "western medicine" in the world, while Kuma sent him to the best "eastern medicine" in the world. As long as he gets more experience blending the two, he easily becomes the best doctor in the world and achieves his dream (the Mink doctor makes a comment on this after Chopper helps create the vaccine). His dream is impossible in real life, but he's the closest of the entire crew to achieving his dream. I disagree on Franky's dream because the "adventure" is still only halfway completed (his dream was a two-parter). So Franky's dream is still only halfway completed too.