1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Eden's Zero

Discussion in 'Manga Series' started by Chaudfontaine, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Storm chaser likes this.
  2. Glaze D. Bacon

OH! MY! GOD!
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I know Mashima is really lazy and reuses old character designs, but this is rediculous.

Capulet likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Read this yesterday, it’s essentially a Fairy Tail reskin to the core.

Familiar character designs is fine, mangaka often have very distinct drawing styles, but the plot devices and character interactions are far too familiar for my liking:

> Lead boi and girl are Natsu/Lucy 2.0
    > Happy in the main trio again
    > POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
    > Lead boi has a demon power (END)
    > Lead girl has similar aspirations (Lucy wanted to be a writer; lead girl wants to be a famous blogger or something?)

These are things I spotted as a fairly casual follower of Fairy Tail (I know how it ended and the overall plot but I didn’t read every chapter/watch every episode)

I’ll give it a couple more chapters to see if it sets itself apart, but I’m not holding my breath

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Second chapter. A few plotlines become visable and there is copy nr 4 Elza aka Elcy

5. LuboslavPetkov

Expand Collapse

It's not as bad as people make it out to be imo. It has great potential. I've never read FT or Rave, so I can't compare.

6. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

It's truly awful, but it was expected... I never liked Mashima's works too much, the idea is great, but the process is beyond bad. It's always sad to see great ideas are becoming like this... But seeing that he doesn't even want to change the characters, and just copy and paste his own works, makes it even more awful and worse. This much of laziness is beyond the infinity. Oh my god... just look at that happy v6.9!

Capulet likes this.
  7. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

LOL this Mashima dude copied Shanks ( Gildarts ) without EVEN changing the hair color. He then proceeds to use fanservice to distract the fans.

8. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hiro Mashimas newest work

The amusement park planet of Granbell Kingdom has been abandoned for 100 years. Rebecca and her talking cat Happy are the first visitors in years, causing excitement among the robot inhabitants. However, Rebecca soon discovers that she’s not the only human in the park!

Shiki has lived on Granbell for most of his life after being taken in by the Demon King robot, who became his grandfather-figure. Now he does repairs for the robots in the park. But the robots then strangely turn against Shiki to force him to leave the planet with Rebecca in order to fulfill their promise to the Demon King, who knew Shiki was destined for greatness. With the ancient powers of Ether Gear, Shiki begins his journey into space, where dragons roam the stars!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/eden-s-zero

Hiding my comment on the manga in case someone reads it first time and dont want to be spoiled.
    I really like this manga. Ether gear seems mysterious and strong, and I really want to know more of it. Also Weisz is awsome. Tough I cant figure out if the young Weisz is a 'good' guy yet.

9. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Lol sorry, I did search for this, but nothing was found so I tough there wasnt a thread. xD

Chaudfontaine likes this.