1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Edinbour's Great "Nuzlocke Challenge" Adventure In Pokemon X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edinbour, Jan 28, 2019.

1. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Edinbour,i used butterfly pokemon and they were meh!
    You will have a hard time if you train one.
    They all evolve fast but they are weak,after Butterfree's gen they become even worse.
    Heracross or Yanmega are my favorites.
    Demolition party:
    Nidoking
    Heracross
    Absol
    Walrein
    Manectric
    Arcanine
    Zehahahaha!

Edinbour likes this.
  2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A single Camerupt can take out at least 3 of them though.

3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Not yet, I'm waiting until I come across a worthy Pokemon to name Condoriano! ;)
    Also remember, I'm not using any legendaries in this run.
    True, but remember that I'm using the "first encounter" rule, so I'm limited to what my choices are. I'm sure I'll come across a better Pokemon eventually, but until then Caterpie Jr. is my man! :P

KKG and Pacquiao8 like this.
  4. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sure,and i hope you find good ones.
    The most annoying thing is when i have to go through caves to find another city.
    I see a bush,use Cut.
    I see a small rock,use Rock Smash.
    I see big boulders,use strenght!
    HMs can only be deleted in a house later...
    I love Surf and Fly or Waterfall but the others...annoying.

Dreamer and Edinbour like this.
  5. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I carry a lot of repels for caves and such, but only after getting some extra training done :)
    Waterfall can be very useful in battle, but only if you have a water-type Pokemon with better attack stats than special attack stats, such as Gyrados.

6. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's another problem.
    You get the shitty ones first.
    The best water types are the first ones you pick in your game or Lanturn,Lapras or Walrein.
    But still rare.
    But to get those you need to beat gyms and use HMs.
    You will find a lot of garbage out there.

Edinbour likes this.
  7. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

And Edinbour's victorious journey continues :smile:.

I too used to watch Franklin when I was child. By the way, Vivillon has many different forms. What form you got?

Edinbour likes this.
  8. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm really hoping that when I get to route 10, I happen across an Eevee first, but that's super rare. I'll shit my pants if I do though, so I can have me a Jolteon :hearteyes:

'Franklin' is an awesome show. I was sad when Goose moved away and I never cared for his friend Beaver (she was a bitch) lol
    My Vivillon has the "polar pattern" :)

Dreamer likes this.
  9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 4" (A Sad Day)

• I met some dude named Lysandre at a Cafe here in Lumiose City. Apparently he created the Holo Casters.
    • Heading towards route 5, I met some french guy (I think his name is Mr. Bonding but I wasn't paying too much attention, he was annoying) that was going on and on about something called 'O-Powers'.
    • As soon as I entered route 5, a Lucario came charging at me. Apparently he belongs to Korrina, the Shalour City gym leader. She's another roller-skating broad.
    • I captured a Bunnelby and named him 'Bugs' after the cartoon rabbit.
    • One of my neighbors (the fat kid) challenged me to a battle. I used Birdpoop and beat him very easily. After the battle, Birdpoop evolved into a Pidgeotto!
    • During training on route 5, Franklin also evolved into a Wartortle!
    • I made it to Camphrier Town and met another one of my neighbors at some huge castle (seriously, can my neighbor's leave me alone so I can focus on my journey??)
    • On route 7, there's some berry farm where some really nice people shared some berrys with me and said I can use their farm to grow my own.
    • I came across a sleeping Snorlax (fat lazy bastard) and need to go to Parfum Palace just past route 6 to borrow a Pokeflute to wake him.
    • I caught an Oddish on route 6 and named it Fowler (because it sounds like Flower, but Flower is a pretty stupid name)
    • I arrived at the Parfum Palace and the owner lost his Furfrou. Me and my neighbor found it in the hedge maze and cornered it so it couldn't escape again. The owner was very pleased and let us stay to watch some fireworks, as well as let us borrow the Pokeflute.
    • Leaving Parfum Palace, I engaged in a double-battle against a pair of trainers both using level 14 Furfrou's. Unfortunately, it was Wendy's first battle and she fell in one hit from a critical headbutt attack. Caterpie Jr. also fell after a long fight. Foxy and Birdpoop managed to earn us the victory, but not before getting severely injured. This was by far the toughest battle I faced, and am sad at the loss of my fallen comrades.
    • I'm gonna rest up at the Pokemon Center and mourn my lost Pokemon.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 4:
    - Met Lysandre
    - Met Shalour City's gym leader, Korrina
    - Caught a Bunnelby (Bugs)
    - Birdpoop evolved
    - Franklin evolved
    - Came across Berry Farm
    - Obtained Pokeflute to wake Snorlax
    - Lost Wendy and Caterpie Jr. in a very hard fought battle

Judgement likes this.
  10. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#30 KKG, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    I don't know if you have to wait to very high levels until Jolteon can learn a good STAB move,and you need a thunderstone.
    If you can find a Shinx,he is fast and learn some good attacks.
    Eveelutions are suprrrrrrr overrated.
    Luxray is one of the best electric types,you would love him.
    Birdpoop,i guess this is Pidgey looking at a mirror:laughing:

11. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've used a Luxray before, but am obviously bias (since Jolteon is my all-time favorite Pokemon) ;)

12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 5"

• After mourning the loss of Wendy and Caterpie Jr. we continued our journey.
    • First thing was to wake up that fat bastard, Snorlax. It was a hard fought battle, but Foxy and Franklin managed to wear him out enough so I could capture him! His name is Geoffrey, named after another one of my friends.
    • There were a few trainers here on route 7 to get in some extra training. I even managed to catch a Swirlix, which I named Puff (since it's a literal cotton-candy looking guy).
    • I made it to the 'connecting cave' but took the wrong route, so I had to head further south in order to get to Ambrette Town.
    • Found and caught me a Meditite! Named it BuddhaMonkey (again, I'm terrible with nicknames.. lol)
    • Route 8 was quite eventful! I got my Pokedex upgraded (to observe coastal Pokemon), I caught an Inkay (and named it Ursula like th witch from that Disney film 'The Little Mermaid') and I found a Leaf Stone to evolve Fowler when the time is right. :)
    • After arriving in Ambrette Town, I have to go to Glittering Cave to save some Fossil Scientist.
    • On route 9 (on my way to Glittering Cave) I captured a Sandile! I named him SirCrocodile (naturally) although I was hoping for him to have a 'Moxie' nature, but I suppose 'Imtimidate' is just fine :P
    • I made it to the Glittering Cave. I came across a female Machop, caught it and name it 'Matits'
    • Deeper into the cave, I was challenged by a few fools that work for 'Team Flare'. The first battle was a bit tough, but Foxy handled them very well :)
    • After defeating the 'Team Flare' stooges, I saved the Scientist Stooge that works for the Fossil Lab. He offered me a Fossil, so I chose the Jaw Fossil.
    • After escaping the Glittering Cave, I made my way back to the Fossil Lab to have my Jaw Fossil revived. It turns out, it was a Tyrunt but after being revived, I wasn't able to nickname him! I wanted to name him X Drake, but I guess it'll have to wait until I find the Name Rater..
    • Just before making it to Cyllage City, I received a 'Dowsing Machine' to aid me in finding hidden items.
    • I've finally made it to Cyllage City where my second gym badge awaits. I went to the bike shop and was given a free bicycle. I think I'll do some extra training before hitting this gym, since I've already lost 2 members of my team.
    • Tomorrow should be a very eventful day.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 5:

- Caught a Snorlax (Geoffrey)
    - Caught a Swirlix (Puff)
    - Caught a Meditite on the second route of 'Connecting Cave' (BuddhaMonkey)
    - Upgraded my Pokedex for "coastal Pokemon" captured an Inkay, named it Ursula (after the villain from 'The Little Mermaid')
    - Gave a Leaf Stone to Fowler to evolve in the future
    - Caught a Sandile (SirCrocodile) on route 9 on my way to Glittering Cave
    - Caught a [Female Machop in the Glittering Cave, named her 'Matits'
    - Saved the Fossil Scientist, got to Cyllage City, got a bike and now training for my second gym battle!

Judgement likes this.
  13. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do you know how to evolve Inkay to Malamar?

Edinbour likes this.
  14. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain in the ass.
    My line-up is pretty stacked now so I might not even use it. We'll see how the adventure goes ;)

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  15. Dreamer

Expand Collapse

Sorry to hear what happened to Wendy and Caterpie Jr. Hopefully you will not lost so many pokemon in future. Good luck with the gym battle!

Edinbour likes this.
  16. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Haha thank you! I'm actually writing out day 6 now before you posted :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Dreamer likes this.
  17. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 6"

• I did some intense training (and I mean very intense training) before facing the gym leader. I'm not letting any more of my Pokemon die!
    • Before I hit the gym, I was given the HM 04 (strength) by some random stranger.
    • This gym is a real pain in my ass. In order to face the gym leader, I have to do some rock climbing, and my clumsy ass keeps falling!
    • Defeating the gym leader Grant was very easy and I got myself my second gym badge. Franklin easily beat his rock types. Plus that training really paid off! Now it's time to hit route 10 and make my way to my next gym challenge.
    • I should play the lottery, because I just got extremely lucky to find myself an Eevee in a patch of yellow flowers in route 10! I also happened upon a Thunderstone in route 10 as well, so I immediately evolved Eevee into Jolteon! I didn't end up nicknaming Jolteon however (yeah, I broke one of my rules :P)
    • Now it was a tough decision to make, since I can only carry 6 Pokemon at a time. I decided to put Tyrunt in the box. My current line-up is: Foxy (Braixen), Jolteon, SirCrocodile (Sandile), Geoffrey (Snorlax), Franklin (Wartortle) and Birdpoop (Pidgeotto).
    • Since Jolteon is my lowest leveled Pokemon, I'm gonna do a little more training. I cannot let my Jolteon die!
    • I made it to Geosenge Town and followed some Team Flare grunt. He seemed to disappear in some rocks. A secret hideout, perhaps?
    • I met up with Korrina, the Shalour City gym leader again. This time she wanted to battle. She had 2 Lucario's with her, but they stood no chance against my super trained Foxy. I defeated her but didn't get a badge. I guess she wants a re-match at her gym. No problem, I'll just kick her ass again and get my 3rd gym badge!
    • For now, after a lot of training I think we'll rest up here in Geosenge Town before moving on the Shalour City.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 6:

- Obtained HM 04 (strength)
    - Defeated Grant, got 2nd gym badge
    - Caught an Eevee and evolved it into Jolteon :hearteyes:
    - Trained Jolteon like crazy to make him crazy powerful
    - Made it to Geosenge Town, faced Korrina and won

18. Dreamer

Expand Collapse

Yay, Jolteon :smile:!

Edinbour likes this.
  19. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I love all my Pokemon like children, but I am ecstatic I happened upon an Eevee and Thunderstone. I'ma go buy some lottery tickets today :tearsofjoy:

My team is really stacked right now, but I still gotta be careful. Not being allowed to use healing items and having the battle format set to "set" and not "shift" is quite challenging, hence why Caterpie Jr. and Wendy got wiped out. I almost lost Franklin and Foxy in that battle too! They were in the red :eek:

Dreamer likes this.
  20. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ed,wich Electric moves can your Jolteon learn by level up?
    Use physical moves because his special attack is low.
    He is very fast and spark or thunder fang would be good for him,but it has low damage and accuracy problems.
    The best is voltackle but it does recoil damage and Jolteon doesn't have iron head.
    The greatest problem of Jolteon is special attack,a move like thunderbolt will not be good for him and this is the best electric move.
    You water type is your best pokemon,Blastoise is great,only switch if you find a Lapras.
    Have fun.