1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Edinbour's Great "Nuzlocke Challenge" Adventure In Pokemon X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edinbour, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Actually, my Jolteon always has a higher special attack than a physical one. And I think Discharge is much better than Thunderbolt (which he does learn through leveling up)
    It may be a little weaker, but the chance for paralysis is far greater and very useful in battle.
    Trust me, I've been training Jolteons for years ;)

KKG likes this.
  2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 7" (Sad Day)

• After leaving Geonsenge Town, I made it to route 11. I captured a Hariyama and named him Yokozuna.
    • Doing some training and facing off against trainers, SirCrocodile has evolved into Krokorok!
    • I received a Holo Clip from the professor. He told me that when I get to Shalour City, I should meet the Mega Evolution Guru. Yeah, whatever. I want my gym badge first!
    • I made it to Reflection Cave. Shalour City is just on the other side. 3rd gym badge, here I come :)
    • Ok, I just met the strangest trainer. He said something about "never wanting to leave the cave" and after I beat him in a battle he said he's "not sure if this place is real". Seriously, how high is this guy?!
    • In the cave I caught a Woobat. I named it after the wrestler Ric Flair because he always goes "Woooooo!" lol
    • Half-way through the cave, I met up with that fat kid, Tierno. He gave me the TM 70 'Flash' for no apparent reason.
    • Ok, that was a challenge! Close to the end of the cave, I faced some trainers that had a Sawk and Throh. Those two fuckers almost killed my team. Luckily we all survived (barely).
    • I have made it to Shalour City. Apparently Korrina isn't at the gym, but the Tower of Mastery. I gotta go there to meet the Mega Evolution Guru anyway, so kill two birds with one stone I suppose.
    • In order to get the Mega Ring to use Mega Evolutions (which I don't plan on anyway) I have to defeat Serena, my neighbor, in battle. No sweat.
    • Korrina headed back to the gym after I humiliated Serena. Time to go get my 3rd badge!
    • One of the gym trainers had an outrageously powerful Heracross. It damn near wiped out my team (although it was a few levels lower than my Pokemon). Foxy managed to survive with just 1 HP left, but Geoffrey didn't make it. He was struck with a critical hit and died. R.I.P Geoffrey :(
    • Before facing off against Korrina, I'm gonna get a little extra training in on route 12.
    • I caught a Slowpoke on route 12 and named him after my friend Chris, who himself is also a "slowpoke" lol
    • Foxy evolved into Delphox. I have faith that Foxy will be enough to take out Korrina.
    • I was right. Foxy annihilated Korrina and got me my 3rd gym badge. Korrina wants to meet me on the roof of the Tower of Mastery.
    • Apparently one of Korrina's Lucario's wants to fight along side me, so Korrina and I had another freakin' battle, but this time it was Lucario vs. Lucario as she also wanted to teach me about Mega Evolutions that I don't plan on using.
    • After defeating Korrina for a 3rd time (seriously, that should've earned me 3 gym badges!) she wants me to keep Lucario. I think I'm gonna name him, Condoriano. (@Pacquiao8 ;))
    • Today was a very busy day. I think now's a good time to rest. I have to mourn Geoffrey.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 7:

- Caught Hariyama (Yokozuna)
    - SirCrocodile evolved into Krokorok
    - Caught Woobat (Ric Flair)
    - Made it to Shalour City, met Guru (Korrina's Grandmother) and defeated Serena in battle
    - Lost Geoffrey in an intense battle, as well as almost lost most of my team (damn Heracross)
    - Caught Slowpoke (Chris)
    - Foxy evolved into Delphox
    - Defeated Korrina and got my 3rd gym badge
    - Battled Korrina again at the Tower of Mastery, won and received a Lucario (Condoriano)

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  3. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That would be great. Mega Condoriano is quite hax.

Edinbour likes this.
  4. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

• Your pokemons are evolving quickly :)
    • Poor Geoffrey...
    • You mean Korrina's grandfather, not grandmother :sweatsmile:
    • Congratulations for defeating Korrina three times, I myself lost the Mega Evolution battle when I played Pokemon X

Edinbour likes this.
  5. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You could beat Heracross with flying attacks but you have Birdpoop:lol:
    Most Flying types are mixed with normal,bad to endure fighting moves.
    Crobat is an exception.
    Heracross is the best physical sweeper of all bugs.

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

• Indeed they are! I'm doing a lot of training to try and prevent more deaths.
    • Yeah, a critical super-effective hit from Heracross put him down. :(
    • Oh grandfather? I don't pay much attention to side stories or dialogue. :P
    • I almost lost the mega evolution fight, which really would've pissed me off. Getting Condoriano just to have him die right there? lol
    Yeah, but Birdpoop was close to dying as well as most of my team. I figured if Geoffrey could tank just one hit, he would've defeated Heracross with a Body Slam. But of course he got a critical hit..

7. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#47 KKG, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Heracross has low special defense,fire would be good too.
    The hardest pokemons to knock out are Slaking,Metagross,Miltank and Shuckle.
    But i wouldn't use them.
    All starters are usually stronger than every pokemon of their same type you can catch.
    I'm still laughing with the name Birdpoop because it's the best name to a Pidgey!
    Take a look here:
    https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damage

8. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 8"

• Resting and Mourning time is over. It's time to keep moving on.
    • I received the HM 03 (Surf) to get across route 12 and proceed to Coumarine City where my 4th gym battle waits!
    • After making it to Coumarine City, I met up with the professor and he gave me the HM 02 (Fly) because I'm getting so much done wit my Pokedex. 2 HM's in one quick and easy route? Ok. I taught Birdpoop 'Fly'. Maybe I'll pay my momma a visit soon.
    • My neighbor chalenged me to a battle outside of the gym. She's gotten tougher, but still no challenge to me. In fact, Franklin finally evolved into a Blastoise! :)
    • This gym is a real pain-in-the-ass because I have to heep climbing and swinging from vines, as if I were Tarzan. One battle I was in almost killed Birdpoop, because an Exeggutor got a critical hit with Egg Bomb.
    • Made it to Ramos, the gym leader. He was very challenging, despite my type advantages. His Gogoat was definitely not easy to take down, but we all did it.
    • I got another Pokedex Upgrade. Now it'll register 'Mountain' Pokemon.
    • Before reaching route 13, I was told to investigate the Power Plant that's the reason for a blackout in Lumiose City. Don't they usually have the police investigate these kinds of things? Whatever..
    • I caught a Gible on route 13 and named him Sharky! He's modeled after a 'Hammer-head' Shark so why not? :P
    • I beat some Team Flare stooge and picked up his pass to the Power Plant. Inside, I have a gauntlet of these assholes to go through.
    • I got through the gauntlet, defeated a Team Flare Admin as well as the Head Scientist, so they're gonna leave now so the power can be restored to Lumiose. Birdpoop fought the most and managed to evolve into it's final form, Pidgeot! Considering it was one of my first Pokemon caught, I am very proud! :)
    • My next stop is North Lumiose City and I came across a giant of a man. I nearly shit my pants, he's so intimidating. He was spouting off about some 'flower Pokemon' and 'eternal life' but I honestly didn't pay too much attention since I had soiled myself at the sight of him.
    • The first thing I did when I made it back to Lumiose City was stop off at a Pokemon Center, heal my team and change my clothes. Now that the power is back on, I met some nerd at the Prism Tower. Apparently, the Prism Tower is the gym and this dweeb is the leader.
    • Honestly, with as many close-calls and deaths I've faced, I think we're gonna take some time and go through some training. Even more intense than the last time. I don't want to see anymore of my partners fall.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 8:

- Got HM 03 and HM 02 on 1 quick route
    - Frankllin evolved into a Blastoise
    - Defeated Ramos, got my 4th gym badge
    - Pokedex Upgrade to 'Mountain'
    - Caught Gible (Sharky)
    - Saved the Power Plant, Birdpoop evolved into a Pidgeot
    - Met a crazy Giant, shit my pants
    - Met the 5th gym leader, started harder-than-hardcore training to prevent more close-calls and deaths.

9. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Man,you caught a very good pokemon.
    Gible is nice,if you can avoid ice moves he will be great.
    He is very fast,let's hope he can learn Earthquake,Dig sucks,i know he can learn Dragon Claw.
    Your Birdpoop is doing well.
    I trained that Exeguttor before and his special attack was massive but he was very slow and frail.
    Go @Edinbour!

Edinbour likes this.
  10. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think the next gym is all Electric type, so Birdpoop won't be seeing much action. I'm gonna do some heavy training for Sharky and he'll probably take over for SirCrocodile :)

11. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Great! You already have a half of Kalos Gym Badges :)! Keep up the good work!

Edinbour likes this.
  12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! This challenge keeps getting harder and harder, which is why I'm training my butt off. I keep having close calls, and having to switch makes the potential to lose my Pokemon even higher.
    The Elite Four is gonna be a tough one, since I can't use items and I have to face 5 of them fuckers in one run! :confused:

13. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The Elite 4 allways have a party with one type.
    You need to see on bulbagarden your game and it will tell you what they have.
    A party with a Fighting type,Flying type,Ice/Water type,Ground type,Fire and Electric should do the trick.
    Don't use Phychic because their defense is too low.
    Don't use Rock,Steel,Ghost or Grass against them.
    Worked for me in Sapphire and Heart Gold:grin:

Edinbour likes this.
  14. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's been a few years since I beat Pokemon X so my knowledge of the Elite 4 is very limited, so of course I'm gonna prepare my team accordingly! ;)

15. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I went a lot for Pokemon Sapphire ones,the fighting one wasn't easy because his pokemon had stone edge to hit my flying type.
    And the champion's Metagross was a pain in the ass.
    This will help
    https://serebii.net/xy/elitefour.shtml
    From what i see you need Fire,Water,Ice and Ground.
    Electric and Fighting would help too.

Edinbour likes this.
  16. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 9" (Sorry for taking a few days to post, but I've been training relentlessly ;))

• SirCrocodile evolved into Krookodile and I think my team is ready to take on that geek, Clemont.
    • I've been doing some serious thinking and comparing, so I believe the right thing for the future would be to retire SirCrocodile in place of Sharky. Sharky has much better stats and 3 weaknesses to SirCrocodiles' 6. SirCrocodile has done very well with me, but for his benefit, I think it'd be best if he were benched. I'm gonna let him go out with a bang, though! Considering he just evolved, I wanna give him the spotlight and am letting him take on Clemont solo! :)
    • The training sure paid off! SirCrocodile managed to defeat Clemont fairly easily, but not before sustaining some paralysis (somehow he was affected from the ability 'Static" although being a groung-type..) and losing half of his health. I'm still proud of him, and even though I'm retiring him, I know I can call on him if needed in the future! :)
    • I received a Holo-clip from the professor, wanting to meet at some Cafe. I'll let him wait a bit though, because now it's time to get Sharky up-to-speed on how this team works! He's so much lower-leveled than the rest, but we're gonna work hard together!
    • Just a little into our training, Sharky evolved into a Gabite, but when I caught him he was only 1 level away from evolving, so it comes as no surprise.
    • While searching for the cafe that the professor wants to meet me at, I came across a dead-end alley with some creepy looking chef who was sulking. He challeneged me to a pokemon battle and Birdpoop handled him easily. He then said something about becoming a stronger trainer than me, and disappeared.. Ok, good luck with that buddy :P
    • After 20 minutes of searching, I FINALLY found the cafe. It was in some hidden alley in the largest city of the region..
    • I talked with the professor and Lysandre. Apparently, Lysandre claims to be a decendent of some King. I think he's full of utter shit.
    • As soon as I got to route 14, Serena (one of my neighbors) challenged me to a battle. Naturally I wiped the floor with her since my team and I have been training hard.
    • I came across a Skorupi, caught him and named him Scorpius. Kinda common and kinda lame, but whatever. I've said before that I'm not really creative with nicknames! :P
    • We [all my neighbors and I] stopped off at some spooky house. There was an old man inside and he told a very short and lame story then tried to charge us for it. I told him to go fuck himself and left. I have another gym battle to face!
    • After arriving in Leverre Town, I healed up and headed straight for the gym. This gym is made up of fairy-type trainers so I'm gonna let Sharky take it easy. There's no point in having him die off since everyone else on the team can handle 'em.
    • The leader Valerie has absolutely no chance against Foxy. Foxy took maybe 2 hits, but annihilated her team. I'm not gonna get cocky just yet, though. It's gonna be harder and harder from here on.
    • I think it's time to take a break. Getting not 1 but 2 gym badges is great, as well as training like crazy! :)
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 9:
    - Defeated Clemont with SirCrocodile, got my 4th gym badge and retired the Croc.
    - Sharky evolved into Gabite
    - Met the professor and Lysandre at the hidden cafe.
    - Made it to Leverre Town, faced Valerie and Foxy crushed her, earning my 5th gym badge!

17. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow, it will not take long before you have finished the game :).

Edinbour likes this.
  18. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The Elite 4 will be level 75 so he will need to train up to level 85.
    They are very strong so he needs to be even stronger.
    @Dreamer,it will take long until he finish the game:grin:
    Have a good time,Ed.
    Make the Elite4 eat birdpoop:laughing:

Edinbour likes this.
  19. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

75?!
    Aww crap, looks like I'm gonna be training a lot. My team may be stacked, but it isn't gonna be so easy getting through them in one run without a fatality or 2.. :(

20. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ed,if they have a fighting type Elite4 i will read this from you one day:
    I sent one of the Elite 4 a present,he/she opened it and it was birdpoop:lol: