1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Edinbour's Great "Nuzlocke Challenge" Adventure In Pokemon X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edinbour, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

"Day 10"
    (Sorry for the delay. Traffic was a bitch.)

• Before I get started, I note that I said in "Day 9" that I got my 4th and 5th gym badges, but I meant 5th and 6th. Typos! :P
    • After earning my 6th gym badge, I was told to go to the Pokeball Factory. I met up with all my neighbors and apparently Team Flare is causing trouble again.. Not sure why the Police don't get involved, but whatever. That's your tax dollars at work, Ladies and Gentleman!
    • Beating down the stooges and a Team Flare Admin, my Sharky managed to evolve into his final form: Garchomp. Hells yeah!
    • Two more stooges challenged me and Serena to a double-battle, which was a cake walk. With Sharky's new evolution, he wiped the floor with the both of 'em, so it was no challenge even if we didn't have Serena's assistance.
    • For savng the Pokeball Factory, the CEO rewarded both me and Serena with a Master Ball. Ain't that some cool shit? :P
    • Travelling through route 15, I caught a Foongus which I named FunGuy (get it? :tearsofjoy:)
    • I've made it to route 16, faced a lot of trainers and am closer to my next gym badge.
    • Caught a Pumpkaboo and named it Plumpkin (because this is a fat looking little guy) lol
    • With more training and more trainers, I've finally made it to Dendemille Town. There really isn't much, no gyms, nothing.. I did meet the professor talking about the legendary Pokemon Xerneas, but that's about it.
    • I tried to cross route 17 but I can't because apparently there's some ore trouble going on at Frost Cavern (clever name, right?)
    • First thing I come across in Frost Cavern is the spooky ghost Pokemon, Haunter. I caught him and named him Spookster. (I should probably start training these guys in my box in case anyone on my current team happens to fall)
    • I finally reached the end of the cave, defeated Team Flare [again] and can now cross route 17 to make my way to Anistar City. 7th gym badge, HERE I COME!
    • I came across a wild Sneasel on route 17. I cought 'em and named it Beavis, in reference to the TV show 'Beavis and Butthead' and 'Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged' in which one Antagonist is named 'Edward Weevil' (Sneasel's evolution is Weevile) so yeah, long explanation.
    • As soon as I got to Anistar City, I was challenged by Serena. I [easily] wiped out her team and she healed up my team to take on my 7th gym.
    • Apparently this is a Psychic Type gym, so I think I'll take a break here. ;)
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 10:
    - Sharky evolved into Garchomp
    - Saved Pokeball Factory, obtained a Master Ball
    - Caught a Foongus (Fun Guy)
    - Did some more training
    - Caught a Pumpkaboo (Plumpkin)
    - Caught a Haunter (Spookster)
    - Defeated Team Flare and travelled through route 17 to Anistar City
    - Defeated Serena, she healed my Pokemon and I am taking a break before facing the 7th gym leader

Judgement likes this.
  2. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#62 KKG, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    A Dark type is good in that psychic gym.
    Most phychic attacks won't affect them.
    Most phychic pokemon are physically frail.
    Garchomp can also learn Crunch and he might help you with them.
    Good luck,buddy.

3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Sharky knows Crunch so it shouldn't be too troublesome. ;)

4. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

No, I don't get it. Would you explain, please?

Congratulations for getting Master Ball, it surely will be useful :).

Edinbour likes this.
  5. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

FunGuy = Fungai because Mushrooms are Fungai :P

Dreamer likes this.
  6. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Oh, now I get it.

Edinbour likes this.
  7. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

The best name is Birdpoop hands down.
    When i play i don't put names in my pokemon.
    All i want is to kick the gym leader's and Elite 4's ass!:lol:
    Ash was a looser,he was meh!

Edinbour likes this.
  8. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

I'll try and post up Day 11 tonight after work. Haven't played in a couple days because I've been working a lot and haven't had much time to sit and play.

Dreamer and KKG like this.
  9. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, it's understandable.

KKG likes this.
  10. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I trainned a mushroom one time called Shroomish,he evolved into Breloom,very good pokemon.
    I'm glad i can't touch him,those spores will poison me,paralyze me or put me to sleep.

Edinbour likes this.
  11. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

"Day 11"

• It's time to earn my 7th gym badge. This gym is really giving me a headache, what with all the teleportals and weird design. I can't wait until this is over..
    • I finally made it to Olympia. Let's go, bitch!
    • For being my 7th gym battle, it was not challenging whatsoever. I didn't even have to use Sharky who knows Crunch. Jolteon stepped up and wiped the florr with her team using nothing but Discharge. :)
    • Thankfully after defeating Olympia, I was teleported back to the entrance of the gym. Good thing too, because another minute in that place would've triggered a migraine (it's seriously that bad)
    • Lysandre made some announcement over the Holocaster that he plans to annihilate everyone that isn't a Team Flare member. Something about purification or something.. Reminds me of Nazi Germany.
    • I travelled back to Lumioise City, went to the Lysandre Cafe and battled 2 of his stooges. After finding a [not-so-secret] door, I took an elevator down to face Lysandre himself.
    • I don't see how Lysandre plans to take over the world, considering I crushed him. Of course he retreated like a coward. Now I gotta battle through his stooges until I manage to obtain the key to the elevator..
    • After a few hours of searching, I came across Mable, the one stooge of Team Flare that had the key. I beat her down (and then some) out of frustration. She is now a cripple.
    • In the 3rd level of the basement, Lysandre has that tall, creepy giant that we met before locked up. They're spouting exposition about an ultimate weapon and world domination, but I really don't give a shit. I WANT MY 8TH GYM BADGE, DAMN IT!
    • I guess we're not done yet, to leave this place I gotta battle a top exectutive of Team Flare, Xerosic (he looks like some fat loser)
    • After beating this fat douche, I had to choose a button to press. Red or Blue. I chose Blue, even though I guess it didn't matter since both buttons caused the same outcome and the "ultimate weapon" has been unleashed. Seriously, where are the Poilce or Military?!
    • I've made my way back to Geosenge Town where I guess Team Flare has their "Secret HQ' and I battled one of their guard stooges outside. Of course I wiped him out. I took the passage down and oh boy.. THERE ARE SO MANY FLARE STOOGES!!
    • Although not much happened, I gotta take a break. Seeing this many stooges right now makes me wanna kill myself :P
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 11:
    - Easily defeated Olympia with Jolteon, earning my 7th gym badge
    - Lysandre announces he wants to commit Genocide
    - I beat Lysandre into submission and made him retreat like a bitch
    - Basically defeated all of Team Flare but still released the "ultimate weapon" so this whole thing was a bunch of horse shit.
    - Beat so many Team Flare Stooges, only to find out that my next task is to FACE MORE TEAM FLARE STOOGES! #BreakTime

On a positive note, all of my leading Pokemon are above level 50 from the training. There are still close calls, but I'm doing my best to play it safe. :)

12. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

#72 KKG, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Team Rocket or Team Flare or Team Aqua and Team Magma...
    I hate that bullshit,it's only good to make the game boring.
    Even a lake with a Red Gyarados and it's a shitty pokemon:lol:
    Why the Flying type?
    Why we have to fight those loosers,allways there as a plague.
    I hate when i'm getting into caves and labs with those cockroaches around.

Edinbour likes this.
  13. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Cheers to Jolteon for helping you to defeat Olympia :smile:. But is the last gym badge more important than rescuing the world :sweatsmile:?

14. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Ed,how are you going that fast if you have to explore annoying caves just to get to a gym?
    Or you're not exploring too much annoying caves?
    And your pokemon are level 50?
    But you started the game a month ago probably...:notsure:

15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

I don't fully explore every cave unless there's a TM I want. And yes, it seems like I'm going fast but probably because when I play, I'll play for like 6 hours straight.
    And as for being level 50, I grinded the shit out of training as well as face every trainer I come across without skipping one. That includes every trainer in every gym. Also, in Pokemon X they changed the experience schematic a bit by adding boosted experience for capturing Pokemon, as well as the O-Powers so leveling up isn't too difficult in this game.

16. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Do they give you Exp Share?
    I used to love that item to train baby pokemon from the Day Care.
    I did EV trainning on them,Dragonite is one of the best pokemon i've ever trainned.

Edinbour likes this.
  17. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you get it early in the game but I have it turned off. Extra challenge and all.. ;)

18. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

"Day 12" (Horrible Day)

• After reaching the hidden Team Flare base, Lysandre challenged me again to a battle. He's persistent, that's for sure. Of course I beat him. What a schmuck..
    • Heading downstairs, I faced a lot of stooges challenging me to double battles. After, I had to face several Admins. Hard fought battles. but we managed to take 'em all out. Team Flare isn't very threatening.
    • Team Flare managed to awaken Xerneas which I used that Master Ball to capture. Of course I don't plan to use him since my team is already stacked as it is. He's pretty much a souvenir :)
    • Trying to leave, Lysandre wants to face me AGAIN, for the 3rd f*cking time! Only this time, he looks like a rip-off of 'Doc-Ock' from the Spiderman series and he's wearing a pair of ridiculous glasses. What a jackass.
    • Ok, now I'm pissed. This goofy looking dork managed to kill of my Franklin with a very lucky critical hit against a non super-effective hit. We took care of Lysandre, his entire stooge army and now have set his whole HQ ablaze. There were no survivors. RIP Franklin.
    • Heading east of Anistar City, I received a holo-clip from the professor. He wants to meet in Couriway Town.
    • I withdrew my Slowpoke (Chris) to be my Water-type Pokemon and got some training done on route 18. He managed to evolve into a Slowbro, but it'll take some time to get him on par with the rest of the gang since they're all 12+ levels ahead of him.
    • I also captured a Lairon on route 18 and named him "Ironside" after a detective from a very old tv program I've watched.
    • I made it to Couriway Town and the professor challenged me to a battle. It looks like he is still using the Kanto starters, but they're all evolved and level 50. Let's go!
    • Well, this sucks. Not soon after using Chris as my replacement for Franklin, he gets wiped out from the professor's Venusaur. Jolteon and Foxy managed to take down the professor, I'm just upset that my replacement now needs a replacement.. FML
    • I ran into a Quagsire on route 19 below Couriway Town, caught 'em and named him "Quagmire". He's level 46 so he isn't too far behind the rest of the team. Plus he'll prove useful as a water/ground type and can surf me around.
    • I think I'll head back into town though, and take a break. This was not a very good day since I lost 2 Pokemon.. :(
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 12:
    - Defeated Lysandre a 2nd time
    - Took out Team Flare Admins pretty easily
    - Faced and Caught Xerneas.
    - Faced Lysandre a 3rd time (looking like Doc-Ock) and lost Franklin in battle
    - Murdered every member of Team Flare
    - Trained and evolved Chris into a Slowbro
    - Caught a Lairon (Ironside)
    - Faced off against the professor in Couriway Town, lost Chris right after training him to replace Franklin
    - Caught a Quagsire (Quagmire) on route 19. Level 46 is close to the rest of the team. Taking a break now.

19. Dreamer

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

You lost Franklin? I'm sorry to hear that, it's almost as bas as losing your first pokemon :(. But well done for defeating Team Flare.

Edinbour likes this.
  20. KKG

KKG
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why but i want Birdpoop to help against the Elite4 when you get there.
    I want you to say:
    Elite4?
    I beat the shit out of them and left birdpoop on their place!:lol:

Edinbour likes this.