1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Edinbour's Great "Nuzlocke Challenge" Adventure In Pokemon X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edinbour, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 13" (Pretty Short Day)
    • Proceeding through route 19 headed for Snowbelle City, I was intercepted and challenged by Shauna. Pretty easy victory.
    • My other 2 neighbors met up with us after our battle and also wanna fight. Now I was challenged by Teirno, the fat kid. Of course I beat him as well but my team is feeling fatigued.
    • Luckily Trevor healed my Pokemon before challenging me. Had he not I probably would've lost a member or 2, which really would've pissed me off. I beat him easily.
    • Shauna gave me the HM05 Waterfall. I'll probably need it at the Victory Road on my way to the Pokemon League.
    • I've made it to Snowbelle City and the Gym Leader Wulfric isn't in. I guess he's out at route 20.
    • I've captured a Noctowl at route 20 and named him Blathers, after the Museum Owl in the game Animal Crossing :P
    • I've found Wulfric in a desolate area known as the Pokemon Village. He's headed back to the gym now so I can challenge him for my 8th and final badge!
    • I captured a Ditto from the Pokemon Village. Couldn't really think of a clever nickname so I left him as Ditto. Plus I don't see why I'd ever use him in battle.
    • I've made it back to the gym and getting through it is pretty tricky. It's an ice type gym so it's no trouble whatsoever for Foxy.
    • I've challenged and [easily] defeated Wulfric with Foxy (it only took 4 turns) and have earned my final badge! I'm now ready to challenge the Pokemon League!
    • I'm gonna squeeze in a little bit of extra training before taking on the Elite Four. This is what me and my team have been working so hard for and I don't wanna lose 'em :)
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 13:
    - Faced Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Defeated them easily
    - Obtained HM05 Waterfall
    - Made it to Snowbelle City, gym leader is out
    - Caught Noctowl (Blathers) on route 20
    - Found Pokemon Village and gym leader.
    - Caught Ditto (no nickname)
    - Challenged Wulfric, defeated him easily and got my 8th and final gym badge

2. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations for your 8th Gym Badge :smile:!

Edinbour likes this.
  3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!
    Next stop, Victory Road ;)

Dreamer likes this.
  4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I know it's been a few days since my last post, but I've been so busy between work and getting set-up for this new apartment I haven't had much time to play.

Anyways, since the Pokemon League has been my goal since starting this adventure, "Day 14" will probably be the last one. It may not sound like much, but remember that each time I played, I logged in around 6 hours each "day" so it's been a long and great adventure! :)

I'll try to finish by Friday, because I have an extremely busy day tomorrow as well as Saturday, and I'd rather not rush this final act, especially since the Pokemon League is a 5-battle gauntlet and I am forbidden from using any items. I have a feeling that I'm gonna come out victorious with only a few of my team left, or I will fail which would really suck and be anti-climactic.

Regardless, like I said it's been a great and fun challenge! Thank you guys that have enjoyed this adventure as much as I, and wish me luck in the Pokemon League ;)

Dreamer and Pacquiao8 like this.
  5. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Make sure all your party has 10 levels above 75 and you would be fine.
    Everytime they use a healing item you can attack 2 times before they can.
    One of your pokemon can destroy an entire team with one attack if you have STAB and super effective moves.
    Good luck.

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Dreamer

Expand Collapse

Good luck :)!

Edinbour likes this.
  7. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Getting all of 'em level 85 at this point isn't impossible, but it would take so damn long. They're almost all 70+ with as much training I've been doing. Some still below, so I'll train a bit more to at least have 'em all 70+. I have faith that as long as I play it carefully, my team can overcome! :)
    Thank you! This will be it, the final challenge. ;)

8. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

At the same level you will struggle to beat them because you need a type advantage for each of them who will have 6 pokemon of the same type.
    You need a pokemon to beat each trainer,and bring healing items.
    Don't use healing items in the fights,use them after beating the trainers.
    And the champion has a mix of types,watch out for that tyrano,hard type to hit.

Edinbour and Dreamer like this.
  9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that would be alright. I mean, one of my rules for this challenge was no healing other than a Pokemon Center wasn't allowed, but considering the Pokemon League is a 5 battle gauntlet, winning without healing after battle is nigh impossible (unless my team was all level 100, but that is way too much grinding to the point of tedious boredom)
    Revives are obviously not allowed, but if you guys don't have a problem with me using full restores AFTER a battle, then I'll do it ;)

Dreamer likes this.
  10. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 14" (The Final Day)

• Before I head through Victory Road, I have to face the Badge Guard.
    • Quagmire was taken out with a lucky critical hit.. I've brought SirCrocodile back on the team
    • About half way through Victory Road, I came across a trainer who didn't want to battle, but instead healed my team. Good thing too, because they were feeling heavy fatigue and I don't think I could've made it to the Pokemon Center without losing some of my team.
    • I've made it to the Pokemon League/Elite Four. I get to choose who I face off against and once I defeat all four members, I face off against the Champion.
    • First challenge: Flood Chamber (against Siebold). He wasn't much of a challenge for Jolteon. In fact, Jolteon only took one hit the whole battle.
    • Second challenge: Blazing Chamber (against Malva). I started with SirCrocodile. Malva was a little more difficult and some team members took a few hits as well as SirCrocodile got burned. We ended up taking the win.
    • Third challenge: Ironworks Chamber (against Wikstrom). Ok, this guy is dressed like a knight and looks like a total dork. Started and finished with Foxy. I started with a few Calm Mind moves, which really boosted Foxy's Special Attack and Special Defense immensely. Good thing too because his Probopass hit a solid Power Gem which would've taken Foxy out had it not been for increased Special Defense.
    • Fourth challenge: Dragonmark Chamber (against Drasna). I'm gonna start off with Condoriano. Most of my team took some hits but none of them were critical. This was a mid-difficulty battle.
    • I'm a bit upset that each member of the Elite Four only had 4 Pokemon each.. It seemed a bit too easy. Regardless, I'm gonna heal up and take on the Champion.
    • The champion turns out to be Diantha, the woman I met way back in Lumiose City. She has 6 Pokemon of all different types, so this should prove a real challenge.
    • Her Auroras took out Sharky because it managed to tank his Earthquake. Condoriano avenged him.
    • With only 2 Pokemon left, I used Birdpoop to take down her Gourgeist pretty easily.
    • She Mega Evolved her Gardevoir and took out Birdpoop with a Thunderbolt.. Jolteon and Foxy took some hits and I pulled them before they got taken out. Condoriano tanked a Moonblast with only 7HP left and defeated Gardevoir with Extreme Speed. I am now the Champion of the Kalos region.
    • They threw a parade in my honor in Lumiose City but my neighbors are standing by my side on stage for some reason. I'm the champion, damn it!
    • That creepy giant AZ showed up and challenged me to a battle to "see what it means to be a trainer".
    • He only had 3 Pokemon who were easily taken out by SirCrocodile. A Floette appeared apparently waiting for him. Well, it's time to head home now. It's been a grand adventure!
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 14:
    - Lost Quagmire before Victory Road, SirCrocodile back on team
    - Got healed half way through to Pokemon League
    - Faced the Elite Four without casualties, but everyone was fatigued
    - Faced Champion Diantha, lost both Sharky and Birdpoop but Condoriano won and I became the Champion
    - Faced AZ during my parade and won easily with SirCrocodile
    - Headed home to rest

So there you have it guys!
    This was quite a fun challenge. I'll probably do another one some time so if you have an idea for what game I should play or any rules you'd like to add/adjust, let me know! Thanks for sticking around with me on this adventure. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I have ;)

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  11. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well,you just need to beat them and then if you need revive or heal we can't blame you because the Elite4...nobody said it would be easy.
    They can use infinite healing items so you are already in disadvantage.
    Also you will fight against 5 trainers with full party,so it's 6 vs 30.

12. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The adventure is already over, and the Elite 4 only had 4 Pokemon each, with Champion Diantha having 6 so it was 6 vs. 22.
    At least I only had to heal them before facing Diantha, but am still upset that Sharky and Birdpoop didn't make it :(

KKG likes this.
  13. Dreamer

Expand Collapse

I feel sorry for you losing Sharky and Birdpoop.

But congratulations for finishing the game :smile:. You and your team did a great job.

Edinbour likes this.
  14. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think I would've been much worse off if I didn't grind the shit out of my training. In most games, the Elite Four has 5 Pokemon, but all level 50's-60's. These guys had a minimum of like level 63 so if I went in with the same/lower levels, I probably would've lost and the adventure ends right there :P

Dreamer likes this.
  15. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Condoriano, a name fitting to a hero!

Edinbour likes this.
  16. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about doing this challenge, but with HeartGold this time (my second favorite Pokemon game)

I feel as though it would be more challenging with a lot more story to it than my Pokemon X challenge.

Not to say that wasn't fun, it was! I just think I can have a blast doing it with HeartGold.
    @KKG @Dreamer @Pacquiao8 @Judgement and everyone else, what do you think? Wanna join me and read a new, potentially more challenging adventure?

I'm doing it either way, just wanna know if you guys would like to read along. ;)

Judgement, KKG, Dreamer and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Like I always say, I despise Nuzlocke Challenge. :blush:

Edinbour likes this.
  18. Dreamer

Expand Collapse

Yes, I would like to read about your Pokemon HeartGold adventure :).

Edinbour likes this.
  19. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So I'm gonna tag you in every update :P
    It'll probably take longer than the last one, but I'll try to make each "day" a good, eventful story. I'll shoot for Saturday for the first day post/thread.

I think this one will be way more story driven and exciting since Pokemon X focused heavily on the irrelevant neighbors..

Dreamer likes this.
  20. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Do what you want cause a pirate is free. ;P

Judgement and Edinbour like this.