1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Edinbour's Next "Nuzlocke Challenge" Adventure In HeartGold

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edinbour, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Seeing as how well received my Pokemon X nuzlocke challenge was, I'm going ahead with a new one, but this time in my second favorite pokemon game, HeartGold ;)

Thank you to @KKG @Dreamer @Judgement as well as anyone else for reading along and enjoying it!
    @Pacquiao8 I know you hate nuzlocke challenges but I said I was gonna keep tagging you anyway, especially when i find a pokemon worthy of being named Condoriano ;)

I'll be following the same rules as the last one, since it gave me a fun and somewhat difficult challenge:

• The #1 being that if a Pokemon faints, it's "dead" and must be released/never used again.
    • First encounter rule (catch the first Pokemon each route) but am also using the duplicate clause (if I already have it captured, I get another attempt)
    • I am NOT allowed to use any items, but I'm allowing Pokemon Center visits because if you break an arm, you can't drink a magical potion and all is well, you see a hospital.
    • I have to nickname every Pokemon I capture to build a stronger bond with them, so in the event one of them "dies" I feel sad
    • Absolutely NO use of an EXP Share or the Daycare, again to build a bond with my Pokemon. A lot of the game will be a grind-fest of training, but it'll be worth it!
    • Gift Pokemon are allowed from NPC's, but I'm not allowed to make any online trades (obviously)
    • Event Pokemon are also allowed, just not Legendaries
    • 'Battle Scene' is on 'SET' and not 'SHIFT' so whatever Pokemon I have in battle, stays until I can switch them out, for an extra challenge
    • Shiny's are allowed to be captured/used because the chances of encountering 'em is very, VERY low (I've only ever encountered 4 shinies in my Pokemon Career)
    Since I'm not a very creative person, I may some some repeat/similar nicknames depending on what pokemon I come across, but since HeartGold has much different encounters than X, it shouldn't be too difficult.

One last thing, now that I'm living alone, I will be working much more so will try to find time to play through and post my "days" but it will probably take a little longer than it did with my X adventure. Of course I'll post any updates if I go too long without a new :day" posted ;)

Hope you all enjoy this adventure with me! I had a lot of fun with X but I think this one will be greater since it's my second favorite pokemon game to play! :)

Time, Judgement and Pacquiao8 like this.
  2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Condoriano = Mewtwo

KKG and Edinbour like this.
  3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 1" (The start of a new adventure)

• Waking up in New Bark Town, it is time to go and meet Professor Elm, get myself a Pokemon and start my new adventure!
    • Before heading out, my mother gave me my Pokegear which I can use to make phone calls.
    • I just met my neighbor Lyra who is also going on an adventure (hopefully she isn't as annoying as my last neighbors)
    • I see some strange ginger kid snooping outside of the lab. Hmm, whatever.
    • Professor Elm gave me my starter Pokemon. I was thinking about starting with Cyndaquil, but decided to go with Totodile instead. I also named him Crocoboy, like what Ivankov calls Crocodile from One Piece ;)
    • Professor Elm asked that I go meet with his associate, Mr. Pokemon who lives just north of Cherrygrove City.
    • I've made it to Cherrygrove and was greeted by an old guide gent who can run a mile a minute. After showing me around, he gave me a new pair of running shoes. That was nice of him.
    • I managed to get in a little training on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house. There, I met with him and Professor Oak who gave me a Pokedex. Also, Mr. Pokemon gave me an Egg that he would like Professor Elm to take a look at.
    • Professor Elm just called in a panic. Apparenty someone broke into his lab. Why he would call me and not the police? Who knows..
    • Heading back to New Bark, I met up with that red headed freak who was snooping outside the lab earlier. He challenged me to a battle. He's using a Chikorita so I think it's safe to assume that he's the one who broke into the lab. After beating him, he dropped his ID and I got a look at it. Looks like he'll be going to jail now.
    • Back at the lab, the police were on the scene, asking me questions about the break in. At first they accused me of the crime but Lyra came in and backed my story about that ginger kid. When I saw his ID, it turns out that his name is GINGER! I've let the authorites know, so they can lock his ass up :tearsofjoy:
    • I've given the Egg to Professor Elm. He said he'll call with any news about it.
    • I talked with my mom and she's gonna help save up some extra money that I earn. Cool.
    • Lyra showed me how to catch Pokemon as if I were some kind of novice. Well, now that all that's out of the way, I can finally start my adventure for reals.
    • It's getting pretty late so it's getting darker out. While on route 29, I caught a Hoothoot, which I named Blathers after the museum owl from Animal Crossing (yes, I know I named a Noctowl the same thing in X, but I never used him once)
    • In route 30 past Cherrygrove, I caught a Spinarak who I named Parker (like Peter Parker from Spiderman). Finding a lot of nocturnal Pokemon since it's so late now.
    • I faced the legendary Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata! Of course I easily crushed him. He wanted my phone number but I told him to go suck a lemon.
    • Battling through trainers and random encounters, Blathers almost succumbed to poisoning! Thankfully he managed to survive it (I forgot that's one of the mechanics in this game, you can't die of poisoning outside of battle)
    • Well, I've made it to Violet City where my first Gym Battle awaits! I think it was a very productive day and am gonna end it here and rest up. Tomorrow, I will work towards earning my first badge, and in doing so, my first step towards the Pokemon League!
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 1:
    - Started new adventure
    - Received Pokegear from Mom
    - Got Totodile (Crocoboy) from Professor Elm
    - Got Running Shoes from Guide Gent
    - Got Pokedex from Professor Oak
    - Battled Ginger (the thief)
    - Gave Elm the Pokemon Egg
    - Mom saving up money
    - Caught Hoothoot (Blathers)
    - Caught Spinarak (Parker)
    - Battled the legendary Youngster Joey :P
    - Made it to Violet City

Judgement likes this.
  4. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Crocoboy?:zorolaughing:
    Sasuga @Edinbour!
    Bro,your talent for giving names to pokemon should get you a Noble Prize of creativity and no...
    I'm not joking.
    This game has lots of pokemon and you will love it.
    Enjoy it.

Edinbour likes this.
  5. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

A new adventure to follow :smile:.

I think that Crocodile (One Piece) won't approve your choice of starter because of his dislike of water :sweatsmile:.

Hopefully you will have as fun as when you played Pokemon X.

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've must have played through it at least 5 times since it came out, but yes, it should be a lot of fun :)
    @Dreamer True for Crocodile, but whatev's :P
    This will be a great adventure!

I'm about to head off to work but will try to squeeze in day 2 tonight since I'll have some time before work tomorrow. No promises though!

Stay tuned ;)

Dreamer likes this.
  7. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Great idea. Looking forward to your adventure. I actually am re-playing Pearl myself and having a lot of fun too.(gen 8 news got me excited)

Edinbour likes this.
  8. Time

bogan scientist
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Also I loved how you called Joey legendary cos he sure is the best of the best. Ah man that brings back the memories.

Edinbour likes this.
  9. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 2"

• West of Violet City is route 36 but there's a road block. Some weird looking tree. Some hiker dude gave me HM06 Rock Smash though, but it didn't work on the tree.
    • Doing a little training south of Violet City on route 32, I came across a Masterpiece. I caught him and named him Sparky.
    • Before taking on the gym, I went to Sprout Tower to take on all the monks.
    • Before facing the elder, I passed by Ginger. The cops haven't caught him yet?
    • After defeating the elder, he said to make sure I take good care of my Pokemon and he gave me the TM70 Flash.
    • I figured that the first gym would be easy with Sparky but Falkner's Pidgeotto was a tough opponent. We still won though, earning me my first gym badge!
    • I got a call from Elm, saying to meet his assistant at the Mart.
    • The assistant gave me the Pokemon Egg to take care of. I'm supposed to keep it in my party until it hatches I guess.
    • Outside I was approached by some random girl in a Kimono talking about this egg. It seems to be important. Now to head to Azalea Town!
    • Some fisherman gave me an old rod to go fishing with. That was kind of him.
    • There are quite a few trainers here in Union Cave, which is getting me a lot of training in before my second gym battle.
    • Sparky evolved into Flaffy!
    • In Union Cave I caught a Rattata and named him HHHRatKing (a joke between me and some friends because in an old wrestling game, the wrestler HHH calls himself the "king of kings" but in this game he looks like a human rat, hence "rat king" lol)
    • I've made it to Azalea and am just about ready to take on the gym. Gonna rest up for now.
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 2:

- Got HM06 Rock Smash
    - Caught Mareep (Sparky)
    - Cleared Sprout Tower
    - Defeated Falkner, got first gym badge
    - Got Pokemon Egg from Elm's assistant
    - Got Old Rod
    - Caught Rattata (HHHRatKing)
    - Sparky evolved into Flaffy
    - Made it to Azalea

10. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Great, you have had a great start in your HeartGold journey. Keep up the good work :).

Edinbour likes this.
  11. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 3"

• After reaching Azalea Town, I met an old man named Kurt. I guess he makes special pokeballs from apricorns.
    • Apparently there's trouble going on at the Slowpoke well. I should check this out.
    • After defeating a bunch of stooges, I've come to find out that Team Rocket is back after three years. Their Executive named Proton told me. No idea where their last leader, Giovanni is though.
    • This gym shouldn't be a problem. It's a bug type gym so Blathers should easily run through it.
    • Like I said, no problem. I've defeated Bugsy and earned my second gym badge. :)
    • Heading into Ilex Forest, Ginger challenged me to another battle. Seriously, the police still haven't caught him yet??
    • Crocoboy evolved after I defeated Ginger. He ran off crying, like a bitch.
    • I had to help some dork retrieve his Farfetched in order to get through this Forest. He gave me HM01 Cut for helping out.
    • I came across a Drowsee which I caught and named it Bonernose. xD
    • Another Kimono Girl needed help getting through the forest. I thought it was the one that I met in Violet City but apparently they're sisters.
    • I've made it to the beautiful city of Goldenrod! One of my y favorite cities ;)
    • I'm going to train a bit then rest before I take on my third gym battle. I hear that this one is tough..
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 3:

- Met Kurt, Team Rocket at large again after three years
    - Defeated Bugsy, earned second gym badge
    - Defeated Ginger. Crocoboy evolved
    Retrieved Farfetched for some dork, got HM01 Cut.
    - Made it to Goldenrod City

12. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#12 KKG, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 12:38 PM
    You go very fast.
    That tunnel you went through to reach Azalea has Lapras,later when you have Surf at Thursday night try to find a little lake,Lapras will be there.
    In the end after beating a champion in some secret place you can get a starter of Hoen and Kanto.
    You can get Dratini.
    If you play Hoen's radio you can catch Absol.
    Also Sinnoh radio can get some Sinnoh pokemon.
    You can get Pikachu in a forrest.
    If you headbutt trees in Azalea you can catch a Heracross.
    Near Azalea there is a chance to find a Shroomish were you chase Farfech'D
    One time professor Oak will tell on radio there is a swarm of Yanma somewhere.
    You have also Growlithe.

Edinbour likes this.
  13. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I was shocked when I learned that some people eat Slowpokes' tails. My younger brother, who has SoulSilver, assured me that Slowpokes were still alive and well.

Edinbour likes this.
  14. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Some people like to butcher animals or probably that shell will spit some Slowpoke tail once it bites it and he evolves.

15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Gonna try to post day 4 tonight. Haven't been feeling well and slept the day away yesterday lol

16. Dreamer

Wandering Wondering Mind
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It's alright. Take your time.

Edinbour likes this.
  17. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

"Day 4" (a short day)

Sorry for the late update but as I said, I've been quite ill and working a lot. This will be a quickie buy I promise that next time will be loaded ;)

• Before going to the gym, I stopped off at the bike shop. The owner wants me to ride around to advertise. Apparently he just opened up from Celadon City in the Kanto region.
    • There's a game corner here in the city with some really good prizes. I'll play a bit, maybe get lucky (underage gambling FTW) lol
    • Ok, that voltorb game was a load of bullshit. I spent like 4 hours playing and finally got enough coins to adopt a Dratini. Definitely a great investment.
    • The bike owner called and said his business is great, so he's letting me keep the bike. Awesome :)
    • I'm getting in some training before facing Whitney. I've heard that she and her Miltank are not easy.
    • North of Goldenrod I caught a Nidoran male. Not sure why I named it Tox, but I was half asleep and ill. Maybe because it's short for "toxic" and he's a poison type? Who knows.. lol
    • Blathers evolved into Noctowl and Tox evolved into Nidorino. I think we're ready to take on Whitney to get out 3rd badge!
    MAJOR EVENTS FOR DAY 4:
    - Got a bike
    - Gambled for hours at game corner and adopted Dratini
    - Caught Nidoran (Tox)
    - Blathers evolved into Noctowl
    - Tox evolved into Nidorano
    - Rest before facing Whitney and her Miltank