Editor confirms Weevil's importance

Discussion in 'One Piece News' started by Admiral Ryokugyu, May 12, 2018.

1. GoldenVenus

Expand Collapse

Everything about Whitebeard is bigger than her....... so.... how on earth..............XD I should stop this hahaha

Admiral Ryokugyu likes this.
  2. Admiral Ryokugyu

Admiral of the Navy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

HAHAHAHAHA I got your point ... i was asking myself that as well

GoldenVenus likes this.
  3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dont imagine that far guys :nomnom:

Whitebeard & his sons never recognised Weevil as his real son. So we cannot say that 100%.

Yassop & Roger never denied having a son, instead they told about them proudly.

4. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

How about Princess Shirahoshi's Father and mother.

5. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

I don't think Whitebeard spoke of about Weevil or having a real son in the series, but other than his sons (his crew).

Storm chaser likes this.
  6. Mcguint

Expand Collapse

So...

I told you guys like a month ago Weevil possesses Whitebeard' soul.
    - Ms. Bukkins created a Frankenstein. She took pieces of an old corpse, sewed it together, and put Whitebeard's soul into it. This created an entirely new person. But, they share many of the characteristics that Whitebeard previously possessed.

That idea pissed a lot of people off.

7. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I'd be willing to bet (it's a 100% guarantee in my mind) that the illegitimate son is an illegitimate son. With his first appearance I posted something along the lines that I half expect Oda to have a comedic reveal that Weevil has his snot-filled speech pattern because his greedy mother glued the mustache to his nose. Oda ALWAYS has physical appearances being overly controlled by genetics (a shared blood has to have strong appearance ties; yes I fully acknowledge Dragon and Luffy but that's a whole separate spoiler conversation). There is a reason the only similarity is the beard, and Oda has a reason for the snot/speech style (essentially a kid that's always congested, a pretty common comedy gag).

Storm chaser likes this.
  8. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he didint. But if he had a 'real' son, Im sure atleast his sons would know about him and they would not turn him away from them.

Maby Bakkin actually has met Whitebeard while alive.
    She saw a great opportunity when he died and took it. Since she controls Weevil like a puppet, and he is super strong.

BooSheyt likes this.
  9. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

That's right.

Storm chaser likes this.
  10. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

The second aspect is definitely what appears to be the case. She seems to have some notoriety (she had some weird title I think when Oda introduced her), so the actual meeting is completely up in the air. The genetic relationship to Whitebeard is not going to be true. He may be her true son though. The weird character design implies so.

11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I personally really doubt him being Whitebeards real son, but since there isint any real proof yet about it, it's all speculation.
    He still might have a strong dad, or just crazy genes, since Bakkin seems to be a 'normal' human being without superstrong powers.

Maby she has a grudge to Whitebeard and uses her son for revenge too. Kinda risky to go all out to the remaining WB pirates, it's not like they all are weak.

12. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Based on the relatively excellent character development (considering the few pages of exposure), we know she is hella greedy. She appears to only be manipulating her son for her own profit. Every immoral person gets their "heavenly judgement" eventually. Same will go for her.

I doubt she has a grudge against Whitebeard. The Whitebeard (and Weevil's Blackbeard obsession) stems from the lie of being Whitebeard's son. She fed him the lie over and over, and he said so himself that he is getting rid of the "other sons" that don't deserve to carry on his "father's name". She just gets the bounty from having powerhouse pirates defeated (which is all she appears to care about other than her safety).

13. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

While I do think this is the real truth about Bakkin, I kinda hope there would be a heavier reason for her.

Im also interested in Weevil's real dad, was he a giant or what.

14. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Based on the recent "letter to fans", Oda is trying to minimize the tangents he had to create with the expanded role/details about the Shichibukai (I definitely think some of the original Shichibukai like Croc and Jinbei were key parts of the original 5 year plan). So I agree that it would be great story-telling to have more, but probably not since she likely never does anything once the illegitimate son revolts against her.

As for his father, I think we get a flashback for Weevil's character development. Maybe he's just a super freak of nature like Big Mom? She's just a "normal human".