1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

FAVORITE Character(s) in all of fiction?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Sunny G, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

#1 Sunny G, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Simple enough thread. What character do you absolutely adore, and why? It doesn't have to be necessarily a favorite character as the thread indicates (I just couldn't think of a more descriptive, catchy title for the thread). Not limited to anime. Also, characters who are real but have fictional interpretations also count. I simply ask that you do not try to post spoilers for some stories because I also have the same tendencies to not think some posts through.

I'll name a few of my own.

Sima Yi/Zhongda (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) - A government official and military general of the Wei state during the Three Kingdoms era. He is popularly interpreted as a villain strategist in Dynasty Warriors and many other works of fiction. I always just thought he was really cool when I was young. And the more I read about his rise for power, the more I liked him as a character.

Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass) - I don't even know if I even have to explain why I like Lelouch. If you've watched Code Geass, you will understand that he is arguably one of the smartest and most cunning characters in all of fiction. He's outrageously bold, ambitious, resilient and shares one single trait that I find very, very relate-able: a great love for his (true) sibling and the willingness to fight for her with every ounce of his being. Most of all, as I watched and re-watched the series, I now see that his resolve is greater then even his intelligence. I cannot say why without spoiler content. Although the series is old, many have not watched it yet.

Yang Guo (Romance of the Condor Heroes) - Ahead of his time. Many probably like him for his supreme skill in martial arts. I like him because of his unyielding response to people who despised him for a certain 'action' he chose to commit to. YG chose to follow his heart and his love, despite the community at large telling him he was wrong/disgusting/etc. He also endured years of being ostracized. Say what you about his choice, I can respect any man that can endure community wide hostilities, and pretty much give the middle finger to his world at large. Some matters of the heart are not democratic elections or popularity contests!

When Yang Guo announced that he wished to marry his long time Martial Arts Master, Xiaolongnu.

Honorable mentions: Kurapika (HxH), L (Death Note), Lucretia Merces (Suikoden 5), Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Raven (Teen Titans), Tyrion Lannister (GoT), Tony Stark/Ironman (MCU).

Kurapika had one of the most epic quotes I have ever read. "I do not fear death, I fear only that my rage will fade over time." Chills. Lelouch also has many epic quotes. Too many.

So...any thoughts? Give me your..."favored" characters. Heck, I hope some post inspire me to check out series/books/movies I have not yet seen.

Leandro likes this.
  2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

In ALL of fiction? Hmm, that's gonna be tough because I have so many to choose from.

One that comes to mind is "Handome" Jack from the Video Game Borderlands 2. Now here's a villain you love to hate. He's one of those villains who is self-righteous and thinks that everything he does is for the "greater good" but I love this guy. Yes, he is clearly insane but what I really love about him is his dialogue throughout the entire game. Towards the end he naturally becomes more serious and sinister, but for the first like 85% of the game, it's very humerous.

If you've played the game, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, definitely play it! Not only is it a very fun/addicting game, "Handsome" Jack is easily one of my favorite villains in Video Game history :)

Sunny G likes this.
  3. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Aizen Sosuke (From Bleach): The words fail in describing his greatness. The legs fail to stand against him. The eyes can't catch his movements due to his glorious speed. The minds can't understand his magnificent power. The only thing that you can see in the eyes of his foes is panic, and the only way that you can hide your fear, is to close your eyes (Like Gin). This is the God!!!

GoldenVenus and Sunny G like this.
  4. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

ragnar rayleigh

pls read my story

Sunny G likes this.
  5. Leandro

I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

My favorite character(s)
    *it's difficult to have just one*

Son Gohan (Dragon Ball Z)
    Basara Toujou (Shinmai Maou no Testament)
    [​IMG]
    Ikki Kurogane (Radukai Kishi no Cavalry)
    [​IMG]
    Boa Hancock (One Piece)
    Dante (Devil May Cry)
    [​IMG]
    Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    [​IMG]
    Lisara Restall (Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai)
    [​IMG]

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

I need to catch up on KG asap. I haven't even read the OP chapters in a while lol. Just keeps slipping my mind.

7. Glaze D. Bacon

OH! MY! GOD!
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

I have way too many to count, so I'll just list my favorite OP characters to be safe: Luffy, Kaku, Eneru, Crocodile, Robin, Katakuri, Franky, Brook, Cricket, Kuma, Ace, Jimbei, Rayleigh, Aokiji, Kizaru.

8. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

There are so many.. I'll put down the ones that come into my mind right now. :zorolaughing:

Usagi, Haruka & Ami / Sailor Moon
    Ace, Marco & Thatch / One Piece
    Misty / Pokemon
    Daiki / Kuroko no Basuke
    Rena / Higurashi no naku koro ni
    Little Foot / Land before Times
    Kenny & Stan / South Park
    Kakashi / Naruto
    Grimmjow / Bleach

9. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

My favorite fictional characters mostly are from mangas/animes so I'll just mention those.

• Cadis Etrama di Raizel (Noblesse) - He's a fucking God. I worship him.
    • Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) - He's not like any other MCs in shonen mangas. And I'll forever worship him.
    • Frankenstein (Noblesse) - Badass, a bit psychotic at times but very loyal. Love him.
    • Hinata Shoyo (Haikyuu!) - He's a volleyball maniac, and I love him.
    • Shimazu Toyohisa (Drifters) - A little violent, but a very righteous warrior. He should be a king.
    • Sawada Tsunayoshi (KHR) - A little wimpy in the beginning, but turns into a badass fighter. I worship him.
    • Urek Mazino (Tower of God) - He's badass. Period.
    • Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) - Badass. Need I say more?
    • Pikachu (Pokemon) - Needs to be in this list. I worship it.
    • Urahara Kisuke (Bleach) - The strong but silent and playful type. I adore him.

There's more but I'll just stop here.

Yuuzume likes this.
  10. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

1) Ye Xiu (The King's Avatar): He's one of the most badass,adorably sarcastic,knowledgeable,skilled,pure and driven character in anime history.He pursues what he desires with the people he cares about always in mind even after everything he has built is taken right in front of his eyes.Hell,he's forced to hand it over himself.

2) Cadis Etrama Di Raizel (Noblesse): The being with the most power in series,and yet the person who is less blinded by it and focuses on enjoying his life quietly with the people he cares about,and does everything to protect that,respect.

3) Frankenstein (Noblesse): One of the characters who needs a special scale to measure how badass he is.He scared the color off of a manhwa.The only human in the series who actually earned his power with his qualifications.

4) Hikigaya Hachiman (Oregairu): Getting used to getting hurt is easy to say and hard to do,if not impossible.This guy comes extremely close to that for the sake of those he cares about.He's one of the most awkwardly pure characters out there.

5) Shiba Tatsuya (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei): A badass monster of decisiveness with liquid hydrogen running through his veins instead of blood.He puts the people and things he wants to protect above everything else.He's so pure that he seems twisted,so twisted that he seems pure or both.

GoldenVenus likes this.
  11. Grin

The Fool
    Member of the Year 2016 Shichibukai
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised there was no entry from Tower of God.

Yuuzume likes this.
  12. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Hehehe,you know me quite well.There are a lot of characters that would qualify (Bam,Yuri,Urek,Enryu,Androssi,Koon,Rak) and I didn't want to ovedo it in one post.Characters from ToG need a separate post.

13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Yonko
    Expand Collapse

Without spoiling anything for those who haven't watched it, King Bradley from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. If you have seen the series, you'd understand why. If you haven't, then what the hell?! Go watch it!! :P

14. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

#14 Kia, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    This is difficult... I’ll name a few in no particular order.

Anita Blake vampire hunter by Laurell K Hamilton, she’s a feisty, kick@ss, sarcastically witty, strong, gun toting bad@ss in an adorable (don’t tell her that) short, curvy package.

Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind and Scarlett an honorably sexy, scoundrel.

Lestat from Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles (the movies ruined him).

Luffy—nuff said. Because growing up doesn’t have to mean becoming jaded, knowing your own strengths and weaknesses is intelligent, protecting those close to you is critical, speaking out against injustice when you see it is right and just yeah... so many Luffy lessons.

Eeyore. I can’t believe I forgot him! He’s been my fave for years.

Edited to add my favorite depressed, underappreciated donkey.

15. luffythemonkey

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

uh severus snape -harry potter, he does his job just so well and hes cool
    goku- dragonballZ, just plain awesome
    ken kaneki- Tokyo ghoul, nice kid that wants to protect his friends
    Kakashi- Naruto, just plain awesome as always
    and some others, just don't remember them all.

16. Mapache

means raccoon
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Probably Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time.

17. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Captain
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to limit myself to one character per series. This list is also subject to change as I think of more characters.

Nico Robin (surprise surprise) from One Piece:
    -Her being one of my first waifus aside, I really like how she slowly opens up to the crew (and that "I want to live!" scene, makes me tear up every time, even when it's used for shitposts). I can relate to her desire to discover the true history of One Piece's world (soon, Oda will reveal all, or at least the important stuff).

Uncle Iroh from Avatar The Last Airbender:
    -He gives really good advice to everyone and I appreciate him being the father that Zuko deserved. He's also pretty badass in his own right and I like how his son's death made him realize how stupid the whole war thing is (though that's more in the backstory rather than the main plot). I wish he were my uncle so I could have tea with him (thank you show-writers for not killing him off and letting him keep the tea shop, he deserves it).

Shouko Komi from Komi-san Can't Communicate:
    -I've really liked seeing her overcome her social anxiety over the course of the series. When she wrote the words "Will I always be this way?" in regards to her condition, I felt that (even if I'm not nearly as bad in regards to my anxiety).

Tsubakura Enraku (the one I've been using as my icon on discord) from Len'en (let me preface this by saying that Len'en is not anywhere near complete so expect there to be different characters in this slot as more games get released and everyone gets more development):
    -I can't really talk about their growth much since they haven't had much so far (that will likely change in future games). They're a lazy asshole and it's pretty funny. I love their design (it's edgy but not over the top). I also like their shot type (piercing types are always fun). Not to mention their theme (it's so cool). I look forward to seeing their development in the future (especially as we find out about whatever their tragic anime backstory is).

Grunkle Stan from Gravity Falls:
    -It's really fun watching his crime antics and him being cheap in general but at the end of the day he really does care about his family, and I appreciate that.