1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Free/Open-Source Software Thread

Discussion in 'Information Technology (IT)' started by Pacquiao8, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pacquiao8

62-7-2 (39 KO)
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

Post your favorite but unpopular open-source/free software here. No pirated software allowed.

2. Jester

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

#2 Jester, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Just the name, right?

I generally dual boot and have often Linux installed on my machines, my favorite software on it has to be "SimpleScreenRecorder"

Its dope.
    Here is some tut on it.
    https://itsfoss.com/record-screen-ubuntu-simplescreenrecorder

There are many more, I'll post them as I remember. One other which is coming to mind is Conkey, but then again Conkey is not exactly software.
    Here is one of the old screenshot of my screen, with conkey doing its magic on desktop

[​IMG]

Another one is hands down Tixati, its a torrent client like BitTorrent, but just lot more capable. XDM would be another one, its download manager like IDM. Works similarly, even catches web video content.

And damn! I almost forgot about Gimp!!! That one needs no explanation.

A little on technical side, I'm into data science due to my personal work so I end up dealing lot with Google sheet, Python and R, for that purpose I love PyCharm and Anaconda suite.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  3. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

My computer died with an electrical issue even though it was connected to a surge protector but these were resources I used.

For an office suite, I like LibreOffice. Photo editing I used to use Paint.net as an alternative to Photoshop though it now has some limited free versions, this is still pretty exhaustive if you’re using a PC or Windows enabled device.

Pacquiao8 likes this.