1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Garp as the Strongest

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by MoguMoguNo, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MoguMoguNo

Expand Collapse

Well probably he's one of the most underrated chara in the series.

Being compared to smoker, or unable to beat a damn injured admiral or even literally treating weak because of lacking df ability.

All of that were obviously retarded. So lemme say this. GARP WAS THE STRONGEST EXISTENCE NEXT TO POSEIDON IN OPVERSE.

Maybe there are lots who will disagree about what i said but im going to give some reason why he was the strongest.

-first was, garp manage to almost kill roger and manage to survive from the latter with the same intent upon him. And yeah it happened multiple times. Plus the fact that on those times roger were prime and healthy. Well wb manage to par roger but it happened when roger was already sick.

-Garp manage to corner roger. This feat was actually underrated. "Cornering" itself implies that roger is running and avoiding a fight from garp. And by knowing roger who was never turning his back against a fight. Well thats makes garp as the only guy who doesnt want roger to be on a clash as much as possible.

-to top the cornering thing. Garp was facing the whole roger pirates with unplanned, random, and no name crew. He was just going to hop in at a random ship and face straight roger. Imo that was reckless as dope.

-Garp had a name before roger. We can presume that garp is the key in ending the rock's era. The era of goons which compared to unimaginable catastrophy that even 2 yonko making an alliance was incomparable. Yeah he probably saves the whole world from the guys which power was way exceed the power of the yonkos. Thus the title "Hero" is lit.

-he pancaked mountains for warming up and nailed down flat chinjao's prime head who said that can split ice continent by half. And he did that with just one normal hakified punch

-he also put a stop on a phoenix and revert it back to its human form with the same punch. A feat that the current admirals cant do throughout the war.

-His physical raw strength was incomparable and probably the strongest in the series. Able to throw cannonballs that way stronger than the cannons and even throwing a giant iron ball with the size greater than the going merry in a respectable distance. Garp can do all that while having an injury and despite being old.

-with destructive punches and being a instructor of young marines. Garp probably had a haki mastery. Lets presume his haki level was on the same as reyleigh (coo,coa).

-also as a instructor,it is safe to say he knew rokushiki. And a master of it as well. Now Imagine combining rokushiki with beastly haki and godly raw strength. I doubt akainu will manage to survive from that. Well i guess no one will able to survive. Unless roger was the name.

-Garp also has speed. Well with the help of rokushiki. I guess he was on par on luffy's maximum speed. Wb doesnt have that. -he also had respectable endurance and durability. He managed to tank 2nd gear point blank without haki and enhancement from rokushiki. And the thing was he just knock that attack off like a dust. And even the big slash he gwts while sleeping. Well Actually he didnt felt that.

-His stamina was also on a different level. Crushing mountains with his raw fist as a warm up was overkill to anyone. No one will do it...coz they cant....

-his battle experience is also the greatest of all. Fighting the rocks, roger, and countless pirates thus getting his ephitet the devil. His experience was at the top.

-hes the strongest warrior of the strongest force in the sea, the marines. In fact just by showing himself in the war will boost the morale of all the marines. Much more like they saw a god.

-unlike roger and wb, garp manage to stay healthy all this time. We know how health makes a big blow to roger and wb.yeah being healthy was a big factor in overall strength. Garp manage to keep his strength at bay on a long run with age as the only antagonizing factor. That feat makes roger and wb fail.

ZakNik and SprkiSRB like this.
  2. KKG

KKG
    If you support watermarks i hate you
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 KKG, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    No,Roger and WB are still stronger than Garp.
    Rayleigh said Roger didn't get caught,he let them arrest him because he was sick.
    Garp would never win against Roger or WB in their prime.
    You can say Garp is the strongest fist fighter in One Piece,Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,and WB was the best DF user,Shanks is the best haki master.
    Roger and WB were the strongest men in One Piece,there is no others who can come close,this shitty Akainu was full of himself because he could hurt a sick and old WB and that's all.
    If WB was in his prime he would destroy the navy with backup from his captains,Garp and Sengoku would be included to the list of victims.
    In my way of thinking the navy is overrated,take Garp and the Admirals out of it,and the rest is useless garbage and Smoker is a small fish,Dragon is actually stronger than Garp.

3. gencoloco

Expand Collapse

Yeah, Garp is one of the strongest characters in OP world, but we don't know if he is the strongest one because we haven't seen him fighting seriously and also there are still unrevealled characters that can be stronger than him. I believe he is stronger than those admirals and he is at least as strong as a yonkou.

SprkiSRB likes this.
  4. SprkiSRB

The Fairy
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Agree on every possible word my friend. Garp is strongest OP char at current timeline. Atleast on par with Shanks, Kaido slightly above Reyleigh, Mihawk and Dragon.

5. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this...garp is beast

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

In his prime, yes he was definitely one of the few people in the conversation for the strongest being in the world. All you have to do is point out how he was able to fight Roger equally. Although Roger was not the strongest in the world, he became the strongest in the world when he had to protect his nakama.

I would also point out that Garp got a lot of love earlier in the series (when the Roger fights finally got revealed). Garp will get another boost when Oda reveals the details about this new Rock/Lock deal.

7. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Garp is underrated though. It's not that he's underrated, it's probably because the plot never really focuses on him (at least not yet) so he's not in the limelight (though everytime he makes an appearance I think he already leaves a huge impact). Well, I can't really say for sure if he's really the strongest since we've never seen a fight between the big names; Garp, Roger, Dragon,WB, Rayleigh etc.

But I do consider him a legend. Why? Because he's already one of the most powerful figures despite not having any df ability. He brought down the legendary notorious pirates Rock/Rox, fought with Roger, and god knows what other things he did.There's no doubt WB was physically strong too, but what brought Wb to where he was is probably his df ability, the Gura Gura no mi, which I think is too overpowered. Like you said, Garp's raw physical strength is godlike, and probably only a few can fight on par with him (without df powers of course. See, this is why I don't like op abilites). And he's not even being serious most of the times. .

I might've forgotten some things, but when did Garp get compared to Smoker though?

8. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

They share the same ranking (vice admiral). The problem is that we have a whole spectrum of combat capabilities for vice admirals since the group is so large and introduced super early in the series. Even Smoker was an exception though. He was way too strong for his low initial ranking. People just being too narrow minded on a title/rank.

SprkiSRB likes this.
  9. GoldenVenus

Lord of the Underworld
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Smoker is strong, but from what we've seen so far, his physical capabilities aren't that powerful. His df ability definitely gives him the advantage but without it I doubt he'd make it that far. Well, unless he still hasn't shown his true potential. But yeah I do agree that people sometimes pay too much attention to the rank. The rank doesn't determine one's true strength in my opinion (Garp is the perfect example for this)

Seiryu and SprkiSRB like this.
  10. baz

baz
    Expand Collapse

I honestly believe that Mihawk is inferior to Fujitora

KKG likes this.
  11. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

Mihawk might very well be only weaker than Shanks I'm starting to believe.

Some think he's even stronger than him xd

12. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree,slashes with the power of gravity is on another level.

13. Fleet Admiral Pirate King

Expand Collapse

Garp certainly is very powerful.
    If he could be ranked properly, he would be an admiral. Garp is a solid admiral level fighter. He went toe to toe with the pirate king Gol d Roger. They also never get to defeat each other.
    However, Garp is no longer in his prime. IMO, he is not as strong as Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, Fujitora, and Rokugyu, the current admirals now. But of course, not by far

14. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

We can say garp is the strongest person in OP world who doesn't have a DF ability & also in Raw strength + in his prime.
    But if we align him with the current age and people like Kaidou, Shanks, Rogers & WB then I doubt he is stronger than them.
    We have not yet seen the full power of Kaidou, what all things he can do and also his ability & then with all that power Shanks could stop him during the marineford war, which makes us think how powerful Shanks is.
    Also if we consider Roger when he was not ill & in his prime then he was definitely powerful than Garp, he was a freaking Pirate KIng.
    Also we dont know about IM SAMA, KONG, Rocks.

Garp is no doubt stronger than the Admirals & might be a little less than the Yonkos if not the same.

15. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Well with new databook i believe 2 things.
    Garp has the same hakis as shanks too(i belivee he has kings haki too cuz he seem to not obey marines all time)
    Garp is at least top 3 current.A guy near roger is def stronger than these admirals with no haki.My question is if most of u would say old roger > new gen then why not garp>new gen.
    My new top 3:
    1.Shanks(cuz he a bit yonger)
    2.Garp
    3.Rayleigh.

16. Ok990

Expand Collapse

.....Cmon man.Mihawk took a failed zoro and in 2 years gave him haki and made zoro be a threat(a quote by fuji) and be able to push fujitora back 1easily.

17. KKG

KKG
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Zoro has no chance against Fujitora.
    That wasn't really a fight,they were just testing each other.
    Fujitora can beat Mihawk because his attacks with haki and gravity are much stronger.
    Mihawk is considered the strongest swordsman in the world but right now there are more strong people.
    Don't overrate Mihawk that much.

18. Ok990

Expand Collapse

U are overatingn fuji tbh.Xoro extrem diff fuji while mihawk can mid diff him.We havnt seen mihawk armanent and we know mihawk observation is far better than fuji.No one cared bout fuji not even wounded luffy....

19. Kia

Kia
    I resemble that remark
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m confused. How do we know that Mihawk’s observation Haki is far better than Fujitora’s? I mean Fujitora is blind and using his to fight at admiral level.

KKG likes this.
  20. Ok990

Expand Collapse

Well mihawk knew everything around him i bet just like shanks has kings haki activated all time,mihawk has observation and then garp has uncolored armanent.Also mihawk fought vista while having attention and speaking bout luffy.theres a pannel that indicates that mihawk might have shown luffy the future.Who said admiral level is anyclose to mihawk.3 admirals together are beasts while 1 admiral is a low top tire.Mihawk would crush fuji easily.