1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Gintama

Discussion in 'Gintama' started by Captain Stickman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Portgas D.Hilal

The Wanderer
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Finished the first season and now I start watching the second one, I have to say that watching Gintama in 16:9 is a bless!

Chaudfontaine and Red like this.
  2. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Shichibukai Member of the Year 2015
    Expand Collapse

Man man man, I watched it but never commented huh~
    Welllll
    I started Gintama cos of dear buds @Red and @Cobain mostly, they kept pusing most I should say.
    I had finally started it, everyone warned about the first couple of episodes not being that good, but I actually enjoyed them. I immediately liked the type of humor, and started watching this amazing series..
    However to me, it was hard to binge, I rather watched it quite slow, in fact, it took me about 3 years to catch up to Gintama 2017..
    I went quite slow, had some periods I had to focus on my studies, but then autumn break came along.. And I binged the last 60/70 episodes in a week, cos it was just that good. The last few arcs almost had me in tears.
    Gintama truly is an anime I'd recommend, and I wouldn't be lying if I said it's definitely my favorite. I hope lots of people start it, and don't drop it in the begin, cos it's not all that well.
    After it's been almost a year or so, I'm also thinking of starting with the manga from chapter 1, I'll probably be wasting a lot of time I could be using to study, but heck.. That's how life is.

Cobain, Christina Choi and Red like this.
  3. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Supernova
    Expand Collapse

@Marco Polo

Monster Trio likes this.
  4. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Shichibukai Member of the Year 2015
    Expand Collapse

Daaaang
    This was 2017 huh, so I was right with my "it's been about 3y since I watched" whenever people asked.
    So.. I did get to reading the manga for a bit, but it was around the time I started getting into kdramas and chinese/korean light novels.. Long story short... I didn't keep that up for long.
    I thought, apparently it's ending soon, so I might as well get to watching. I wanted to pick up from where I left, but... I remembered 0, and this was an ongoing more important part of the story. So I got to starting over from the "Shogun Assassination" arc, rewatched that, Farewell Shinsengumi and Battle on Rakuyou, went on with the porori hen and lastly the Silver Soul arc.. But fuck, what a troll Gintama is until the very end lmao. I- That last episode. I legit thought the anime had ended as well, as the manga had, however, at that time it didn't.. So sad. I hope it gets to be animated soon enough~ Maybe I'll ever get to reading the manga again.