1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

God Hunters CHAPTER 7: The First Year (PART II: Mumble the Truth)

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Behnam, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Lurking Mode: OFF Here @Marco Polo just as I promised.

God Hunters
    ”The humanity's most precious treasure is their weakness. It's the only way that they can get stronger.”

—The God of Space
    CHAPTER 7: The First Year (PART II: Mumble the Truth)

—Jair 30, 5325, the classroom number 703, Geography Class, 43rd stage of Gathas, the 60th day of educational year, and 107 days before the start of the rebellion—

“… This area is called ‘Ryal’, from the southwest part of Klanda to the east of Prowan. It's quite far from Gathas and Atlanta. As you can see in the picture of this page, its shape is really similar to a circle. The specifications of this place are: 1- Unbearable heat 2- Smoothness of the earth 3- High concentration of Time Forces 4- High Gravity …”

Prof. Christian Newman was famous for his usual brown jacket and light-grayish trousers. Even without seeing his face, one could immediately figure out his identity just by looking at his awkward set of clothes.

Prof. Newman closed the book, which he was holding in his hands, declaring the end of the class.

The always-boring time with Prof. Newman seemed to finally come to an end.

“Alright, that's it for today!”

“Finally!” Everyone sighed. The tedious class of Prof. Newman was over— as well as the month. While the students began leaving the classroom, Tamas and Aaron didn't bother budging from their seats.

“Are you ready for the half-year's exams next month?” Tamas asked.

“Well… yeah of course I am. I have to bring my scores high, or otherwise I'll get expelled from Gathas this year.” Aaron replied.

“Oh… those lessons are easy! I'm sure if you focus on them, you'll be able to do it!”

“I hope so,” Aaron sighed, “though not everyone is a genius like you, Tamas-boy!”

“Hahaha…” Tamas smiled. “I'm not a genius, I'm sure there are many people smarter than me in this huge academy.”

“There's no doubt about that but,” Aaron remarked, “we'll see at the second-half of the next month.”

“I can help you again though, if you have problems in those lessons.”

“Thanks, I will ask you if I had problems,” Aaron responded, “Also I assure you that my concentration is completely on my—”

The eyes of Aaron started to turn away from Tamas and focus at side of the class near the door. Two beautiful girls were talking to each other, going to leave the class. Tamas had seen those two girls from the first day, but they weren't that much close to communicate.

The moment Aaron saw them, he quickly stood up and ran toward them. Tamas wasn't surprised since he knew Aaron. During all of those days, he was flirting with girls, and he would even invite them into his dorm; that was Aaron. He would walk around and seduce women, flirt with every girl he sees. One day he even tried to tempt Prof. Krueger with his words, though after the moment she threatened him to reduce his final score, he never went close to her; he didn't want to get expelled after all. It was only sixty days that Tamas was with Aaron; he absolutely had no idea that how many girls he had flirted with during those past five years.

“Hey beautiful girls,” Aaron said, “how are you doing today?”

Tamas didn't mind his friend and leisurely walked out of the room, passing by those two girls.

“Yeah, I see. Whatever…” Tamas mumbled, strolling through the hallway.

—Slyche 7, 5325, the classroom number 954, Combat Class, 44th stage of Gathas, the 67th day of educational year, and 100 days before the start of the rebellion—

Two bodies, two closed eyes, two minds… both fighting for the enemy's thought. Tamas was standing within a distance from another boy with a similar height and age. They had their eyes firmly closed, ten meters of distance between them. Both of them were moving their heads around as if they wanted to find something, though it was impossible to do it with those shut eyes.

“Ready?” Prof. Krueger said.

“Yes!” Tamas and the other boy shouted as a response.

“ThenBegin!”

The boy abruptly began to open his eyes and attack Tamas. His speed was incredible; the air was moving those long white hairs of his, and it just took around 2 or 3 seconds to reach Tamas with that speed, screaming with all of his might:

“I CREATE!”

A sword with blue lines over the shaft appeared in his right hand. The golden hilt of that boy's sword shined a brilliant light through the air. However, Tamas still had his eyes closed; his legs wouldn't budge even an inch. He was completely relaxed, even though his enemy stood exactly in front of his heart and chest with his sword.

When the white-haired boy wanted to use his sword and injure him, Tamas began to smile; he was happy like he had found something after a long time.

“I can read it,” he mumbled, “A fake attack…”

Meanwhile, the boy tried to bring his sword near the left arm of Tamas, but he didn't injure him, he was waiting for a reaction from Tamas to suddenly change the direction of his sword and attack the right side of his body while his guard is open.

And it was there, a reaction from Tamas; he had moved his left arm away to avoid getting hurt, though abruptly after it, the boy began to push towards the right arm of Tamas.

“It's over!” he shouted.

He had completely focused his attacks on the right side of his enemy. No matter how much fast was this "Tamas", he could surprise him by a fake attack and push him from the opposite direction. By using such an unexpected move, he would be in an obvious advantage. Even if Tamas could still reach him with a reaction from the left, dodging an attack of that speed wouldn't be hard for someone like him.

The element of surprise should give him the upper hand to defeat this enemy. Well, at least that's what he'd planned before facing this opponent. The moment he stepped in to fight Tamas, his feelings didn't leave him alone even for a second. They were telling him that there's no way to defeat this enemy. He didn't understand why until he saw it…

“What,” he thought, reading the next move of Tamas, “only with his hand!?”

“Yeah it's over!” Tamas smirked.

And the last thing he could remember was the pressure of Tamas' hand over his head. By only using one of his hands, Tamas could send that boy flying.

Speed, power, reflex, reading ability, creating capability, Rule Force … he'd seen and read it all. This person standing before him was purely made of different talents. Just like those other monsters at Gathas. But more importantly, he was a genius; just like "that guy".

Whispers started to be heard in the hall:

“Really impressive!”

“Well… I'm sure right now, he's a real genius.”

“He can read, only after two months?”

“I think it means we got a really powerful rival.”

“Not ‘we’, only you and me and him.”

“Do you think he will be able to get a full score?”

“Why not?”

“You know it; it's really hard to get one.”

“It's also really hard to 'read' and have this speed after two months.”

“True…”

—Slyche 30, 5325, the main hall, 66th stage of Gathas, the 90th day of educational year, and 77 days before the start of the rebellion—

Those names were written on the entering walls of the dorms, a shining white light covering the wall, making those names clear in a distinct black color. 32 names, 32 talents, 32 geniuses… Tamas could see them all, standing in front of the entering gate among all those other students there:
    TOP STUDENTS OF THE HALF-YEAR (From 258756 students)

Rose Stubbs (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Jesse Harper (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Harry Laus-Saint (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Martha Clark (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Magnus Waters (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Xander Arai (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Felicity River (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Abraham Apollodorus (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100

Destiny Ingram (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Noah Laus-Saint (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Phoenix Apollodorus (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Ophellia Dyoni (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Christine Laus-Saint (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Tyrone Apollodorus (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Marian Wright (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Agnes Arai (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Thierry Curry (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Tamas Amyntas (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Maggie Rodriguez (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Jarvis Arai (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Jessie Piper (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Cory Phelps (Male) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Arabella Andrews (Female) (First-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Erica Laus-Saint (Female) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Susan Arai (Female) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Danyal Morley (Male) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Marco Apollodorus (Male) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Evie-Mae Walsh (Female) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Zayn Lynch (Male) (Second-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Johnathan Arai (Male) (Third-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Anderson Laus-Saint (Male) (Third-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

Juliet Apollodorus (Female) (Third-Year Student) Grade: 100/100

“23 first-year students with perfect grades, 6 second-year students, and only 3 third-years…” Tamas pondered, “Well, what's with those pictures?”

Incidentally, there were three different signs before some names: a horse, a bird, and a weird, angel-like beast. He definitely had seen those signs somewhere. Where? And what's with them appearing near some of these names? It seemed he'd become too much engaged with being a student here. His memory could no longer remind him the details, only some dim points from the past.

“Ah, well… I'll think about it later. It's not that I care about it anyway. It's not that I want one of those cool signs before my own name… anyway… right?” Tamas murmured.

Clearly, he was still too immature. Despite his incredible talent, Tamas still had a long way ahead.

Putting those signs aside, another fact got Tamas' attention. There existed one special name, which Tamas knew really well. He couldn't forget it after all: “Ophellia Dyoni”

“I see, I expected nothing less from you, brother!”

A quick glimpse at the list wasn't enough for Tamas to notice the “Female” tag before the name of Ophellia. He still remained unaware of her true gender.

—Taphe 1, 5325, the free area. 17 days before the start of the rebellion—

At the first glance, nothing except the brilliance of Gathas and the surrounding buildings would be noticed. The resplendence of gold and aristocratic architecture didn't let anyone catch a short look at the tragedy happening around. While the families who were blessed with a blood privilege lived peacefully under the protection of God Hunters, the residents of the other side remained in misery. The fatalities were high as a result of famine throughout the free region. Only those who could become powerful would stay alive. Water and food considered to be so much rare, thus becoming much more valuable than anything else in the free area.

The extent of Free Area consisted of different regions, circling around the center of the deepest region in the middle. That part of the free area was also considered to be the most dangerous district. The cause for that was “them”.

One of the most reputable bars of the free area was placed closer to the dangerous, inner district. While deprived residents of the free area couldn't get access to such benefits, the ones with enough physical power and other types of talents could use the possible utmost advantages. Of course such people were few, and even that kind of superiority inside of the free area couldn't be compared with the excellence of Gathas residents. The strong gets to have everything, and the weak struggles to not die, simply aiming for sufficient food and water to keep living.

Most of the normal inhabitants didn’t wear anything but old torn clothes, letting their skinny physique be clear to observe. About those few blessed people, they had the sufficient potential and talent to become extremely sturdy and muscular. Exactly how nature works: Become stronger or get eliminated.

—Red Bull's bar, the neighboring district of the central zone, Free Area—

“Hey! Have you heard the rumors?”

“Ah! You mean 'the invasion'? Pahahaha, don't tell me you think it's true?”

“Well…”

“Pahahaha…”

“Stop laughing! I'm serious! Don't you know those guys? You can expect them to do anything!”

“Pahahaha… Trying to attack Gathas? Even if they're crazy as the rumors say, I'm sure attacking that place won't even occur to their mind. Pahahaha…”

“Huh, have you ever met one of 'them'? I'm sure you'll change your mind then…”

“Pahahaha! That's not what I care right now! HEY OLD MAN! Give me more drink! I want to get drunk even more! Fuck 'em and Gathas!”

The bar was full of strong men with a great physical strength. The only person with a thin body was the old master. His ability to make high-quality liquor let him stay alive under the name of Red Bull, a well-known organization in the free area.

The laughing voice of drunken men didn't allow any other conversation to start. It'd be as expected after all; no one wanted to talk useless words right then. Drinking was the only thing that could help them forget about everything else.

“Here's your drink sir.” the bar master expressed, handling another glass of booze to the stout man seating ahead.

The man didn't hesitate and downed one after another glass of quality drink. As a person who'd experienced different types of liquors in other existent bars of the free area, this would absolutely be the best one so far. Come to think of it, he'd heard of a great master with an amazing talent of creating alcoholic drinks, which would even rival those of the Gathas.

“Pahahaha!” he hiccuped, “You're quite something for yourself old man!”

“I'm sincerely glad for your kindness sir.”

As he wanted to ask the bar master's name, a creaking sound made him turn around. It didn't get so much of an attention from the others since the laughter had dominated the atmosphere, nevertheless he could hear the clack of someone's footsteps behind.

The strange silhouette got closer to the table, giving him a clearer sight of who is this man. While he was drunk and couldn't realize the surroundings perfectly, it was possible to say this person is a youth with a pretty much shorter height than himself. The most important specific, however, was something else: This boy looked skinny, comparing it with all those other powerful men in the bar.

And that was everything he could comprehend while being in a completely drunk state. Observing anything more exceeded out of his understanding range.

“Hey you!” he yelled, sending out a hiccough then. “You little kid!”

The laughter stopped as the scream spread all over the bar. Every single look changed direction to see who's standing there: an ordinary young boy, wearing a long green cape with a hood covering his hairs.

It seemed he's trying to hide something under his cloak. Nobody actually gave an attention to the details; no one could do so even if they wanted, due to drinking too much.

An overall glance was enough to say: “What's that scrawny little brat doing here?”

He didn't see any reaction from the boy. Was he scared of how he'd yelled at him? Or was it not enough to make this kid budge an inch? Well, in both cases, he didn't like seeing this kid at ease. Those days he would meet many weak and feeble people, who had actually survived and were living in the free area. It was weird since the natural order would never allow such people stay unharmed. Maybe it was “they” helping poor residents of the free areas?

He intended to think further but since he'd been intoxicated a lot, his series of thoughts and memories from the past stopped striking his mind, then choosing to do what he can do best.

“Pahahaha… Did you just ignore me now you skinny piece of shit?”

Still no response… He didn't even know whether the boy's looking at him or not; such an arrogant behavior cannot be allowed in front of a strong man like him, especially if the one acting rude and unpleasant is far below him in terms of strength.

“Pahahaha! Alright alright…” he started standing up, bringing his flushed, drunken face close to his target, “If you're not going to answer, I have to kill you right now!”

The hiccups didn't leave him to talk straight as he spoke those words. The unpleasant alcohol breath of his mouth kept spreading before the boy's nose, yet not enough to force him to react. The boy in green cloak didn't even bother turning his face aside.

Now he could no longer keep resisting. His anger led him to end the life of this rude little kid. “I CREATE!”

An enormous, heavy axe became visible in the air as he shouted with all of his might. He instantly grasped the halt of the weapon with his right hand, thereafter rushing a quick attack to split this little kid's body into pieces.

“Huh, poor kid…” everyone looked disappointed. Of course after seeing what happened afterwards, their countenance no more contained regret and remorse. Instead, all of them showed a shocked expression through those flushed faces.

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?”

One finger… only one little finger was enough to stop the thrust of his mighty axe.

Huh,” the young man in green cloak sighed, “That's why I don't come to Free Area…”

His voice was soft, warm, and incredibly gentle. It would make everyone misunderstand his gender since it was more likely for a woman to have such a kind tone. As he put his hood down, the series of his white hairs came into view.

The sturdy man fell on ground with a frightened look on the face. He wanted answers. How? How did this little brat stop his lethal attack? Just who the hell is he?

“Because it's just too much violence here,” the white-haired boy said, “and that's what I hate the most! Its song is terrible!”

Finally, the boy began looking at the muscular man, seeing him fallen on the wooden surface.

“You… yours too!” he hesitated for a bit, continuing after a short pause. “Your song is also unbalanced, hateful, and full of hideous tones. Just like most of the people here. This odious air is full of violence and savagery.”

“My song? What is he talking about?” he thought, wondering about the meaning behind this person's words.

“Ah! I was going to forget it! Hey old man!” the boy directed his look toward the bar master standing behind the table, again ignoring everyone else.

“Please take my apology. What's your code sir?”

“Oh, yeah that! I'm the 'Heart'!”

“I see… I will tell ‘Red’ that you've finally arrived.”

The drunken men in the bar seemed confused for a simple reason: the sudden presence of this young man who blocked the sharp edges of the axe with his finger.

But what made them even more confused was how the old man and he started talking to each other secretly. They couldn't comprehend anything further.

The amazed looks followed the young man leaving the bar. But only one of those men noticed the bird tattoo on the boy's hand, the royal sign of Apollodorus family.

—The End—

Lurking Mode: ON *Again goes hiding in the shadows*

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

What the fuuuuuuuuuk
    How did this happen

Behnam likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

GODDO HUNTA IS BACK YAY

I was about to ask you about all those Apollodorus people (Apollodori?), but it seems you’ve answered my question. Royals, eh... Come to think of it, I think my character (Linus) had that surname.

Awesome to see this back again, I look forward to seeing the next chapter!

Behnam likes this.
  4. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Damn, I'll need to re-read the first six to understand what's happening. Brb in a few days lol

Behnam likes this.
  5. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Expand Collapse

Trust me, it's as expected to not get what's going on at the second part, which is occurring in the free area. The first part showing Tamas' fighting and other stuff is clear though. Well... it's been one year so it's natural to not get the first part too.
    Linus-sama is the GOS.

6. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It's already been a year? Wow

7. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Expand Collapse

I mean, one year from posting the 6th chapter, not in the story.

8. Deathbloke

voi-bloody-la
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know xD

9. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Expand Collapse

Oh Ok. But yeah it's already been a year... Time passes so fast...