1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Goku Vs Shanks and Luffy

Discussion in 'Character Battles' started by The Akainu, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Marco Polo

not who you think
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

You raise a very good point here actually, but I'd hesitate to say that the Goku who died against Raditz would be able to keep up with Luffy in Gear 4th

I think Goku's level when he fought Nappa and Vegeta would make it more interesting, but it's really difficult to draw comparisons since the nature of powers in the DBZ universe (giant ki blasts etc) are more well equipped to destroy planets than say, the Gomu Gomu no Mi, meaning the DBZ universe characters will always seem more powerful because of feats

2. Portgas D. Earl

Scarlet Fist
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Goku. Those two might have a chance if its only Frieza saga Goku.

3. Drewan

Bezzy Bomb
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I thought the same thing when I saw this battle.

However, I'm going with Goku here.

4. MNOC

Expand Collapse

Goku is a universe buster, massively faster than light, universe level durability, can fly, teleport and casually destroy planets with a casual Ki blast in base form on top of that he has 6 different forms that all boost his power and he can use kaioken on top of that. Yeah...

5. Anime93

Expand Collapse

There is no battle scene of Shanks involved in One Piece yet. However, one day there will be add new episodes of Shanks involve battle when the time comes. We know that Shanks has that kind of ability called Haki. Even Luffy has that kind of ability called Haki too. So a question, would any characters in Dragonball Z and Super can make it to stop Shanks and Luffy?

Also, I would like to add a few things about Devil Fruits with natures of Lava, Light, Ice, Dark Dark, and Barrier- Barrier. So a question, would any characters in Dragonball S and Super can make it to stop these characters that has Devil Fruits with Lava, Ice, Light, Dark Dark, and Barrier-Barrier in One Piece?

6. SprkiSRB

The Fairy
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I really can't see any OP character comes even close in terms of strenght near Goku, but that's fine diferent universe. Anyhow OP >>> DB in every other field.

7. KKG

KKG
    The Portuguese Pervert
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Not even a match,Son Goku is the most powerful anime character ever,Ichigo will be the humble second,and Dragon Ball Z or GT is still better than OP.
    Luffy will never be strong,he will be allways a guy who makes to much noise and eat too much.
    I don't believe in his power ups anymore,bahh!

8. Anime93

Expand Collapse

What do you know about Haki in One Piece?

9. Anime93

Expand Collapse

10. Anime93

Expand Collapse

I have been always huge fan of Dragonball Z since I was a little boy. I I know nothing much anything about One Piece. I always thought Goku is most one powerful character for all the time in anime tv series than other most characters from other anime tv series. Later, I became an older and started to watch over 800 episodes in One Piece. One Piece changed my life and perspective. Because I simple learned the truth and facts about this ability called Haki. Even they’re from earth only, not other different universes. Maybe Japenses people in Japan would give simple answers instead where I and other people aren’t from Japan.

11. KKG

KKG
    The Portuguese Pervert
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#31 KKG, Apr 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 12:46 PM
    Compare Luffy with other main characters like Son Goku,Ichigo or Inuyasha and you'll understand my point,the japanese can say what they want.
    These 3 characters don't use haki,they use ki,reiatsu and youki.
    Comparing these 3 power types with haki i see a huge supremacy of the first 3.
    Luffy can't keep his armament enough time to defend himself from Mingo's piercing attacks for a few seconds.
    When he uses it at full power he has time limit.
    Son Goku trainned allways to get stronger than his enemies.
    Ichigo trainned in few days to become stronger than most shinigami who trainned for years.
    Inuyasha has a high class demon blood that makes him very strong even for a half demon.
    Luffy is the son of Dragon,he has all types of haki and he is still fighting pathetically after more than 800 episodes.
    You wouldn't believe how many times i mentioned this here.
    Luffy is being wasted like Naruto was in the entire series.
    The story is progressing but Luffy isn't.
    I would have something better to say about him when Oda decides to give him a serious power up since he has failed to do that until now.

12. Admiral Ryokugyu

Expand Collapse

Dragon Ball is a manga where the protagonist is being overpowered as hell . It's a fighting manga . One Piece is all about the story telling and the good narrative skills of its author Oda . As Oda said " in One Piece , there should never be a fight which lasts more than 1 chapter " , ( he didn't keep his words for Katakuri fight ) , but anyway this means that One Piece isn't about fighting . So to answer the question , i'd go with Goku . In Dragon Ball chapter 1 , bullets couldn't even scratch the little Goku's body .

However , One Piece >> Dragon Ball

13. KKG

KKG
    The Portuguese Pervert
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

One Piece is not about fights because if i watch those fights i will sleep,that's why.
    Pirates fighting to KO enemies,how boring!
    How can a mangaka create a main character noisy,goofy,stupid,naive,assexual and weak?
    At least if he is dumb like brick he should be strong when he fights.
    And if One Piece is not about fights,why did Luffy train 2 years in Luscaina with Rayleigh?
    If he still need to have a ton of help just to beat a nobody like Mingo he should spend those 2 years with Hancock at Amazon Lily instead!
    And other problem is some artists out there saying shipping Luffy with her would ruin One Piece...
    Getting him killed in the end would be even better,i could tell this to those artists!
    Son Goku or Ichigo are much better than Luffy.
    One Piece will never conquer my respect as Dragon Ball and Bleach had.
    Oda has done everything he could to make me hate Luffy instead of respecting him.

14. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You have been really negative and hateful towards OP lately and comment on threads like that too. Just wondering why you are here if you hate it so much? This is a OP fan forum after all.