1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Gold D. Roger Is A Celestial Dragon

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Sepher, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Sepher

Expand Collapse

My theory is a short one but I believe it could be plausible.
    Donflamingo says "to make sure I don't spill the beans on Mary Geoise's secret treasure to anyone. They have sent a killer to seal my lips once and for all, have they fu fu fu. Honestly, it shouldn't matter if people find out... Power has a very short life. It rots faster than you'd believe" Then we see Gold D. Rogers straw hat in Impale Down. So the only thing comes to mind is the following .

1) The chapter is called Mary Geoise.
    2) Donflamingo is talking about Mary Geoise and its secrete.
    3) we see Gold D. Rogers Hat.

My only explanation is that Gold D. Roger is a Celestial Dragon, and One Piece is the heirloom/treasure that will allow one to become a Celestial Dragon, or tear it down to its roots. It could also be something that exposes the World Government and the Celestial Dragons. However, I think this chapter is implying that he is Celestial Dragon.

Thoughts?

Readerbob likes this.
  2. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

How did you come up with that hat to be belonged to Gol D Roger? Is every straw hat in this world for Gol D Roger? I don't think so. I think you want to say it's similar to Roger's hat. Even with that I don't see why that big hat can imply that he is a Celestial Dragon.

Well... There are many theories about this chapter that are based on that hat. I suggest you to read them to see what other people think about this hat too.

This theory of yours, got some problems here. Let me explain why:

Alright let's stop here. Until this part you're saying that the hat or the thing that's hidden under is somehow related with the national treasure or it's even the national treasure itself. It's obviously true as you mentioned Doflamingo and his talks. You're just explaining facts that are completely clear and I see no need to mention them.

Alright now let's look at this part. My question for you is: Why do you think it's Roger's hat? First of all, the Roger gave his hat to Shanks and he did give it to Luffy and now it's just on Luffy's head. Obviously! Therefore I don't know how did you come up with that hat being for Roger. It's just a big straw hat that has a similarity between Rogers and I think you wanted to say this. But even in that case, I don't think the real thing is the hat. It's something under it. But still we don't know much about it, since it was the first time that Oda revealed something about it. We need more evidences and more explanations. Since there are not so much clues. But for now, we've got some great theories here about this. I suggest you to read them if you want to know more about it. It will help you to make a better theory, with reading other's theories:
    https://opforum.net/threads/ch-906-the-straw-hat-is-not-the-important-part-of-the-secret.83338/
    https://opforum.net/threads/national-treasure-is-a-corpse-ch-906-theory.83339/
    https://opforum.net/threads/what-one-piece-really-is-and-a-bunch-of-other-things.83399/

I still don't know how it can be a prove for that. Give us more explanation that how did you come up with this result after those 3. I still can't understand how it's reasonable to bring up this after that hat. Even if we accept that the hat belongs to Gol D Roger ( Though as I've said, it's not), still I can't see how this can explain it.
    I don't think it's acceptable. Well... You can always give explanation here if you have any. I'll be glad to hear it.

First let me define a “Celestial Dragon”. As we know already, there were 20 or more kingdoms in the void century in AK. They ( Well most of them, not Alabasta Kingdom) decided to move to Mariejois after AK was somehow destroyed ( By they themselves or maybe someones else). Se being a Celestial Dragon is just something hereditary and after those kingdoms decided to live in Mariejois, they were known Celestial Dragons after that moment. And the son of their sons and their sons, are also known as Celestial Dragons. So it's just a title out there. I don't see how something can make you a Celestial Dragon, since it's just a title that will only transfer with blood relationship.

Well... It's something that we all know already. If that national treasure was not something important for them, why would they take care of it that much? Obviously it's something so much important for the WG. Doflamingo knew the secret and therefore WG let him to do whatever he wants in New World because they were afraid of him, since he knew everything about the national treasure.

As I've already said, I don't see any reasonable connection between your clues and the result that you say he is a Celestial Dragon. We see a hat and Doflaimgo talking in Impel Down, so now we can say the national treasure is the hat ( I don't think so though, the hat is nothing) or something hidden under it. Or even maybe something else that we don't know. But I don't see how you're connecting this part with that the Gol D Roger's hat. I can't find any logic behind this reasoning.

As I said, you can always completely your theory here, with talking and giving more explanations here. Also As I've said, try to other's opinion and theories that are out there. I'll be also glad to hear your reasonable reasoning and extra information and explanations here.

Urek Mazino and Yuuzume like this.
  3. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Roger gave his hat to Shanks, and Shanks gave it to Luffy. So that hat isint Roger's, and it is alot bigger than Rogers hat.

Roger was born in Logue Town. It is told when he was executed there.

I do think that the One Piece, or the things in Mary Geoise can overthrow the celestial potatos of theyre title. That is why they are guarded so much.

Yuuzume likes this.
  4. Readerbob

Expand Collapse

While this theroy is definitely odd it is possible. Now I already know what the majority of fans are going to say, and at least 2 of have already commented on this thread. However they missed 2 huge problems. 1: Oda constantly surprises us. 2: At no point in the manga or anime do we see Roger give the hat to Shanks.

Let me explain. The first time we see Roger with a strawhat is in chapter 603. Its in a flashback of Silvers Rayleigh and when it jumps to the present he says something along the lines of Luffy being worthy of that hat. Now many would say thats proof you are forgetting chapter 506. In 506 Rayleigh describes seeing Shanks again without his trademark hat and missing a arm. From another perspective its possible that Luffy reminds him of Roger, and the hat reference could of been about Shanks.

Another thing to consider is the size of the hats. In OP the size of people is all over the place. We have Leo of the Tontatta Kingdom and compare him to say Whitebeard. So as you can see people size is irrelevant. What I'm talking about is the size of the brim. In 603 the brim of Roger's strawhat is huge, it easily could cover a grown man's head. We know Roger was an average size man. Luffy's hat brim is no where near that size.

Now lets get to the last point that could disprove this theroy. Roger was born in Lougetown so he can't be a Celestial Dragon. Its already been pointed out that CD is an inherited title. Technically it wouldn't matter where someone was born just who they were born to. It could even be possible with how the Gorosei talk about D that all D.s are actually "Dragons". With Oda doing the double talk with devil fruits it's possible that Monkey D."Dragon" Dragon is really his name.

After what happened to Doflamingo's family what do you think would happen if the world knew that the D.'s and especially the Pirate King Gol D. Roger were Celestial Dragons.

Yuuzume likes this.
  5. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

Since there indeed hasn't been a scene where Roger is seen his hat to Shanks,that particular matter is indeed a subject to each person's interpretation.But putting that aside,the size of Luffy's hat is actually quite proportionate to Roger's.You can check it in the following pictures.
    p_00006.jpg
    p_00003.jpg

And considering that Roger is without his trademark mustache,they presumably appear to be close in age in these scenes.As for the size of the black figure in Ch. 906,it's true that the size of people in the One Piece world is all over the place,but the figure is holding two wanted posters,and I doubt that the Marines make wanted posters of a size even smaller than that of normal sized straw hats.

6. Readerbob

Expand Collapse

I can agree to disagree on hat size. People size and wanted posters though I can't. Remember the size of Nami's poster in Coco Village. Obviously people can copy and resize them however they want. So no dice.

7. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

As for the hat size,since no one in the One Piece world measured the proportions of the two hats,I'll agree that it's up to each person's interpretation.As for the wanted posters,I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you and stick with my original statement.The reason being,that Gen didn't resize the whole wanted poster,but the picture of Nami alone
    p_00006.jpg
    presumably since normal citizens aren't allowed to issue wanted posters at their own liberty,even if it's just resizing one.Of course,that's just speculation,but it doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen a resized whole wanted poster.And the ones that the figure is holding are whole wanted posters,not just pictures of Luffy and whoever the other person is.The ones who issue wanted posters and presumably have authority over the press as far as wanted posters go,are the Marines.Also,the press has used the same font for all wanted posters so far (one of a particular size) and only had to include the respective pictures of a matching size.In order to print resized wanted posters,they would need to create a new font for them.

I'm still open to the idea of the black figure being a small person.But as we haven't seen resized whole wanted posters before,I don't see why these would be such.And if they're not such,then they speak for the figure's size.

8. Readerbob

Expand Collapse

Are you forgetting Vander Decken IX. He had a bounty and wanted poster that was Fishman Island specific. And the Star Bounties of Dressrosa, these bounties were not world government bounties but a specific country's bounties. It also stands to reason that places like Elbaf would get bigger papers. But more than that if Gen can alter a wanted poster why can't anyone else do the same

9. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Vander Decken's wanted poster was presumably not Marine issued.We didn't see marines or a marine base at fishmen island.So the local press is most likely influenced by the royal family,Neptune.And since Shirahoshi was targeted by him,he issued a special wanted poster,whose font by the way,may be different than the marine ones but it's still normal sized,even in the fishmen island where size varies by a lot.The Star bounties on Dressrosa were not even real bounties.It's like a man going around by himself saying that someone is wanted and offering a monetary reward for his subjugation.I don't even remember seeing posters with a special font for the star bounties,just a display on the big screen.In secluded places like Elbaf,where there are no marines or marine bases,the authority to issue bounties is presumably held by the royal family of the country.But even in those cases,like fishmen island,we them use special fonts of their one,not the normal marine font,which was the font showed in the wanted poster of Luffy that the black figure was shown to be holding.And like I said before,Gen resized the photo of Nami.I doubt the Navy cares about what photos people request a resize of,but issuing a wanted poster is something that the Navy probably has exclusive authority to in any place that is under Marine/WG influence and has a base there.So basically,any special poster we have see,which is really just fishman island's so far,used a special font altogether,not a resized one of the navy used font since presumably only the Navy uses it and is allowed to issue wanted posters with it.

10. Readerbob

Expand Collapse

Yes a special font is used by the WG, however I was pointing out your point of normal people, everyone not WG, not being able to issue a bounty. The fact that the WG uses a special font backs up the premise of someone issuing a bounty other than going through the WG.

The Marines do issues bounties but to assume all of them are the same is ridiculous. A giant holding a "normal size" paper wouldn't be able to read it because of their large fingers. It stands to reason that on Fishman Island posters are probably water proof. Generally speaking there is a standardized size that is normal for the majority of people, but you would also need to specialized certain papers so that people "worldwide" can know about bounties.

11. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Expand Collapse

Well,at a local press,if the Navy has no authority,the right to issue would go to the royal family.But even then,they would probably use special fonts,like in fishmen island,to avoid using the same one as the Navy.At the very least,we haven't seen a resized wanted poster with the font used by the Navy.

They make wanted posters of a normal size because the majority of the people in the One Piece world is normal sized,at least from what we've seen.If they were to custom make wanted posters for people of every size,they would need many fonts and to keep track of haw many wanted posters of each font they should issue.Instead of going to that trouble,they presumably just make normal sized ones.Even while there are giants in the ranks of the marines,we still haven't see a giant sized wanted poster.

However,you've mentioned giant,and it's true that it would be difficult for them to read the normal sized wanted posters.So the possibility of us seeing bigger wanted posters in the future is not low at all.But what about little sized people? They may not be able to hold them but they can read them more than easily.So if they can read the normal sized ones,why would the Navy issue small sized ones? It's not like wanted posters are made so that everyone can take one home with them and keep it on them or something.The purpose is simply to make people aware of the bounties.So why would they go to the trouble to make small sized ones,when normal sized wanted posters are more than adequate already?

12. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

Gol D Roger was not a gaint but a normal person, and with what we have known so far is that the Hat which luffy wears is of the Gol D Roger & not the gaint hat that is there in the Holy Land. The Gaint Hat might belong to some gaint.

Yuuzume likes this.
  13. Monkey D. Yue

Expand Collapse

Welp, no matter how many times i looks at it, the size of the hat in chapter 906 is at least 1/3 the shadow's figure. No ways it would fit on Roger's head.
    Even in the off chance, the shadow's figure is actually a half of human normal size (in OP world, we can use Zoro or Sanji height to determined the normal human size, Luffy is shorter though), the hat still won't fit on Roger head.
    Anyways, the hat there because Oda like to teases his fans and by the next chapter, it would revealed, the hat actually isn't important at all.
    "Fans theories? take that", said Oda in next SBS.

14. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

nope...that is gigant hat...could not fit on Roger head. And roger hat was given to shanks and then to luffy. That is just replica so they know which crypt is that.