1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Haikyuu!! (Anime)

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Marco Polo, Dec 22, 2018.

1. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

@Kia ..watched the first episode...today

When will they release the next episode ..any idea ?

2. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

Should be this Friday the 17th. ^_^ https://www.livechart.me/anime/8682

Try to find the Nekoma episodes too if you can!

Edit: they’re available on Crunchyroll just like I thought. (I’m streaming through their partner service)

3. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

They’re canon OVAs that were released at the same time as the first episode of the fourth season.

5. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

6. miss_SMP

Neko nyan~ nyaaaan~
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

True. Quality is different but not much. Still not used to VA for Coach Ukai, dunno why, I always think of it.

Anyways can't wait to see them play again. I've always loved Haikyuu animate the games.

I always love cat exposure, hahaha. Can't wait to watch the full thing.
    Ps. Don't have time yet. Maybe this weekend.

7. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Is Hinata going to make the best of the opportunity he’s been given? He seems to be over the frustration of not being picked now, which can only be a good thing... the real question is, will this camp be better for him than training at Karasuno?

8. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Ushiwaka and the rest of the crew showing up seems to have pushed Hinata over the edge. He was looking pretty frazzled to me. His mind was racing damned hard and his coaches have a lot of faith that he’ll figure something out that he can gain from this place and time in his development. I’m wondering what his state of mind is when he reappears and what everyone else sees. That stopping point was a tease. Is he out there to find his answer? Is he out there because he knows what to do? Are those eyes searching? Focused? Determined? Aaaaa!

9. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So he came out with a look that creeped out guess block dude and Ushiwaka lol. Then he managed to get all intense, acting like he was in a game, put pressure on everyone and annoy Tsukki lol. Right after doing well, he got hit with that ball and it was funny. I do love the look on his face at the thought of Kageyama getting his hat handed to him at his camp though. He was so gleeful. ^_^ Cut to Tobio setting like Shoyo is going to appear out of nowhere and spike the ball. Good stuff. Looks like our little ginger is starting to get into the groove of things. And there are some interesting characters at the All Japan camp as well. How much will they be able to grow? Is the rest of Karasuno going to be alright if they’re losing practice matches?

Marco Polo likes this.
  10. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

The speed Hinata picks things up at is frightening, i think people overlook it a lot, but he’s on the same level as Kageyama (if not a step higher) when it comes to “prodigal” levels of talent.

Seeing Kageyama reflexively set for the minus tempo quick was interesting as well... will he find a spiker at camp who can do it?

Kia likes this.
  11. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Hinata picks up stuff freaky fast. I mean, it’s crazy. The one staff member (coach?) was noticing it sort of and comparing him to a sponge, iirc. I like the flashbacks and way that he correlated what he was taught/told by the tennis player with whom he practiced in middle school with what the libero was doing. That kind of processing and analysis is important! Not everyone can extrapolate seemingly disparate data like that. Some would be like tennis is tennis and volleyball is volleyball.

Judging by the coach’s response to the minus tempo set, I think he’s encouraging matchups for minus tempo. ^_^

miss_SMP likes this.
  12. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So he finally got some other practice in! The fact that everyone got stoked to block when he was going to spike was fun. It had to be an ego boost for sure. Also, his attentiveness paid off in helping the 2m guy’s game improve which was better for everyone overall. Him being willing to ask Ushiwaka for advice was additional impetus for other players to similarly better themselves. Kageyama however, seemed to be having some troubles in paradise what with everyone confronting him. Sakusa seems to have some control issues. The setter, was it Miya Atsumi?, has definitely got beef with Kageyama that I’ve got a feeling will be rearing it’s head again what with the way they did the shot at the exiting of camp. Oh and the little guy was so not impressed with his nonchalant reaction to him in general. I just know he’s gotta show up again. There’s no way we won’t see him after he got thrown in Hinata’s face like that. The whole “you can fly higher” thing. What’s it about? What about camp led him to that? Stoked for the practice match though. Date Tech. Good stuff.

miss_SMP likes this.
  13. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

The Japan National camp is kinda cool to follow, and it seems like it’s giving us a nice little window into people we’ll see at Nationals? Miya and the short guy seem like perfect adversaries for Hinata and Kageyama respectively.

btw, based on these episodes, my setter ranking in terms of actual ability is Miya > Kageyama > Oikawa

I wonder if Miya’s comments will influence Kageyama’s setting style going forward... he seems to be thinking quite heavily about them.

Date Tech practice match with our new, improved first years incoming! Let’s see if Hinata’s week shadowing brings results...

Kia likes this.
  14. Marco Polo

monkey d. chadmin
    Expand Collapse

The first match of the new season... i like the lineup announcement thing they’re doing, very fresh.

Kageyama’s very difficult to read... he seems excited to be playing but at the same time there’s a lot of frustration? I hope this Nishinoya thing doesn’t end badly...

15. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that Noya thing at the end—wtf?! I mean how cute was Date Tech’s arrival though? There was a lot of interaction between them and Hinata. Plus Kageyama was not amused by Hinata’s comparisons. I really wanna see how this match turns out. The dynamics are fascinating.

16. Hallowed King

Casually falling from grace
    Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

The latest episode was great, looking forward to seeing the next stage in the teams evolution

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know why they took so long to post this episode on the official sources.... but anyways, when I finally saw it on Friday, I was not disappointed. The return of the King indeed. It was great to see them speaking their minds and evolving. Date Tech is no slouch for an opponent and I look forward to the crows honing themselves against them.