1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Haki <<<<<< Seastone

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by 105abs, Mar 16, 2019 at 8:30 PM.

1. 105abs

Expand Collapse

Well as we can see in the last two chapters, we have see some hints regarding Haki and Seastone

Some of us thinking Haki is the ultimate power but in the latest two chapters, we seen luffy hinting that he can't seen haki while in seastone cuffs.

that definitely rise some questions:

1- Is Haki that powerful ?
    2- logically is thing more powerful exist ?
    3- If haki isn't that strong, what can shape and carve the seastone ? (Not to forget poneglyph)

Attached Files:

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Based on the majority of scenes show, I would agree with the thread title of kairouseki being greater than haki (the benefits are too great for the crew to be dependent on it). However, this is ignoring the one scene of what I would call "haki mastery": Rayleigh "magically" removing Keimi's explosive collar. Other than greater consistency of foresight kenbunshoku (i.e. I would think kenbunshoku is relatively maxed out already), I don't think we have seen any other instance of mastered/anything even close to maxed out busoushoku.

Once "haki mastery" becomes the norm (and it has to be with a few arcs since Luffy has to fight at a Yonkou level for the rest of the series pretty much), I would say that even haki then becomes greater than kairouseki. Although kairouseki and probably nothing else (other than the >50% submersion) will have the magical weakening of fruit users, haki has the magical benefit of being a power boost for any opponent. Same is already being applied for current busoushoku levels => the increased defensive/offensive benefits are universal (the magical negation of elemental fruit users is specific only to that).

So I agree with the vast majority of the thread, but Oda literally has only one breadcrumb foreshadowing the change that should happen.

3. Dark Flames

Mechanical Engineer
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The way that I interpreted it was that luffy is in a weakened state due to the sea stone cuffs and due to that he can't use haki.

Kreydens likes this.