1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Haki: What is an Aura? (rehash)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Mcguint, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Mcguint

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#21 Mcguint, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    It's interesting to discuss the color schemes of people's clothes or even their skin or hair. The Red Haired pirates, for example, might not just have that name for aesthetic qualities (beauty). But, it might have a more meaningful title if it's going to indicate something about the type of pirates they are.

Where it concerns all the Pirate Emperors, I think they may possess more encompassing ability schemes than other characters. Thus, they have dominance over them as they can deal with a multitude of combat situations where others simply may not. Whether their set of abilities is based on Devil Fruits, Haki, or any other form of offensive or defensive capability.

Kaido, Animate Scheme (natural tools to overcome obstacles). [Beasts].
    Big Mom, Inanimate Scheme (unnatural tools to overcome obstacles). [Objects].
    Shanks, Primal Energy Scheme. [Vital Life Force].

When speaking of their own ability scheme, consider their underlings schemes as well. It may be important to note that they often use the underlings to make up for abilities they themselves do not possess (all of Big Mom's animated objects may be considered underlings for example).

But, where it concerns the Red Haired pirates.. I think many of those guys have Strong Wills. This might be indicative of Berserker style tactics due to the correlation that can be made with the same energy which can be related to Oars giant red body. Oars might be an example of what happens when a living organism continues to absorb that type of energy for... who knows how long, there's probably generations involved and he was probably a freak amongst freaks (an incredibly rare sight).

Then... I also remember hearing about a Giant Red Sea Serpent that might show up at some point. That, too, may have something to do with that.

Though, much of this is simply speculation. In any case, where it concerns the Red Hairs~~ the red hair itself might be indicative of a vital life force, Shanks has also been described as someone who "really knows how to live" (he partied when everyone he was around was on the mend). Then, we see someone recruited to the crew at some point who has spikey red hair and rode in on a surfboard like Ace does.

---

Often times, when thinking about color schemes and their relationship with colored energy~~ it will be difficult to accurately measure how the developments occur. But, they are definitely interesting to consider and some of them will seem certain. Others, less so. But, they usually explain themselves quite easily if the message is clearly understood.

---

You talked about White for a moment there. I'd like to give my thoughts on that as well.

White and Black are actually.... rather important. I didn't want to talk about them alongside the basic seven colors right away because Light Red and Dark Red might be two different things.

White and Black... and Light... are all part of the same thing. Without light, there is no color; darkness (black). Philosophically, light and darkness represent the Creator and the Destroyer.

So, if a King were to use his Red energy destructively~~ it would be the act of a Destroyer; a Darkness ability. That is to say, a Divine application (Crown Chakra) using Red Energy (Root Chakra). The King Haki, itself, might not be shown to be mixed~~ violet and red. Instead, it might be Red tinted Black. This has been seen in several abilities (like the King's Punch).

But, as I said... sometimes it's not so clear when trying to determine these things. Even though there is a level of certainty.

Here's something that might throw you on a loop, Armament Haki is Black. It's also used for combat purposes (so it has reasons for being black). But as I said... Black occurs when no light is present. That's not entirely true. Light can be there. But, sometimes, there's so much color that it gets combined and turns into black due to compounding saturation and color density. Levels of color saturation and hue.

Then, too, auras themselves are [projections] of the inner energy (Haki/chakra). This causes certain changes to occur. For example, the aura might only be green~~ but, the person themselves might have many other colors involved in their inner chakra. Green is just the one being shown outside of the body at that time.

Marco Polo likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I'm not one for the "spiritual side" of the chakra discussion (despite direct overlap with the martial arts side), so I'll leave all of that alone, but this caught my eye for sure. We are directly told that Luffy has a different type of kenbunshoku. Since it is tied to emotions/feeling/understanding the opponent's mindset/personality, this is where it was nice to get the additional insight on the Chinese/Indian original classifications. If Oda is going to branch out, this is the only indication I can think of. With his writing style, he can immediately apply it to all of the Yonkou/admiral level fighters. The only problem is that Luffy's current training has to get to it now so that it can be applied to Kaidou/Big Mom.

So this naturally ties to the "haki mastery" in my mind at least. I would really like the freedom/creativity of having many classifications. This would give the series some badly needed variety in fighting mechanics. From a business standpoint, having unique characters (which is highly driven by the action/climax fights) is only going to drive sales of everything up.

3. Mcguint

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Boring.

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. Mcguint

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Flowing Cherry Blossoms~~ the flowing part is very similar to chakra channeling. Bodies are vessels in that sense which take in energy and allow it to flow through them. Subtle energy.

"Subtle energy is something that has been seen and felt by healers and energy sensitive people for thousands of years. It has been described as electromagnetic wavelengths, rates of vibration, patterns of pulsation – the dynamic infrastructure of the body."

5. Mcguint

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#25 Mcguint, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    While looking through the forum for something to nitpick through, I decided to give some perspective to the incident wherein Rayleigh had removed exploding collars from himself, a fellow prisoner, and (Kaimie?).

I had given this some consideration in the past. But, didn't come to a decisive conclusion. I still haven't~~ because I believe there's a number of ways it could've been dealt with some of which are more difficult to explain than others (and I do dislike explaining things like that).

My first thoughts are, Rayleigh's name Dark King leaves me to assume that he has mastered a dark form of King's Haki (which I believe most swordsman do because their nature is based in destructive techniques). Full mastery of something like that opens up a world of possibilities. But, there are often limitations based on a persons specified skillset.

The full scope of Darkness techniques considers total annihilation as part of its nature; Nothingness. It is related to The Void (I believe Mihawk actually has an attack which is only shown in a Video Game which is described as such).

Video Game-Only
    • Kokuto "Samidare" (黒刀「斬乱」 Kokutō "Samidare"?, literally meaning "Black Blade: 'Slash Riot'"): Mihawk makes a chain of slices forward, finishing with a black flying slash. This attack is used in the Pirate Warriors games, where it is localized as Black Blade: Wild Slash.[5]
    • Kokuto "Mu" (黒刀「無」 Kokutō "Mu"?, literally meaning "Black Blade: 'Nothingness'"): The area is blanketed in darkness, and Mihawk slices enemies with swift attacks, cutting them down over a wide forward range. This attack is used in the Pirate Warriors games, localized as Black Blade: The Void.
    The properties of Darkness techniques are difficult to explore and open to interpretation.

Therefore, any explanations involving them I would be skeptical about.

However, before considering such reasonings I would be silly to not consider such things as.... he could simply do the following:

a) Smother the Bomb

It's just a mechanical device with a triggered explosion, after all. A bomb in a shell.

1. Harden (armament haki) the collar.

2. Allow the bomb to explode while coated in haki.

3. Remove coating, and subsequently the collar as well.

The only assumption to be made on such a claim would be that Rayleigh's Haki would be able to sustain such a blow. Then, too, explaining why he's able to cause something other than a weapon to be considered as an extension of his body would be something I'd personally consider curious. However, others would not~~ so, they might not have issues making that claim. I would (because I consider Armament Haki to only apply to the users own body-- but, weapon users extend their will to their swords and that creates a very debatable argument I'd rather not explore).

---

Other arguments concerning the nature of darkness techniques would be tiresome. Touching on the subject is reasonable to me, though.

But to explain how unreasonable those types of arguments can be... we could end up talking about the possibility that Rayleigh created a small void around the bombs triggering device... or something else even worse like he removed the properties of everything in the collar reducing it to nothingness. You would be required to question what the entire scope of his abilities are and they're largely unexplored (deliberately).

6. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Umm...the explosive collar is completely removed without exploding and is then shown exploding on the side after he throws it. The "magic" is that he completely stops the technology from activating without physically tinkering with it. Obviously something haki related happened to both stop the trigger and to unlock it.

I will 100% agree on Rayleigh's nickname though. It is hard to imagine the "dark" connotations do not also extend to his personality (in the past) as well as his role in the crew. Roger is exactly like Luffy, so someone else has to do all the "dirty" work.

Kia and Marco Polo like this.