1. The results of the Member of the Year voting are in... Find out who won!
  2. The Monthly PAW February 2020 is out now. Check it out!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Konnichiwa!' started by jal90, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Leandro

I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I respect Zeff and his ideals.
    How can you hit women when they are so cute?
    But Sanji will have to forgive his brother here.
    I could kill Big Mom and make her suffer a lot with a smile on my face.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Okiku is Bae

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to forum
    I also came from Oro Jackson

3. mysticalflute

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I'm totally lost, but in regards to this: there isn't anything in any SBS (excluding the stuff I haven't read). Oda's been overseeing the anime ever since the near calamity of the anime catching up to the manga back with Enies Lobby. Since he expanded the manga, Oda gave himself the right to make whatever changes he wants. None of this is stated, but is apparent/implied with the anime teams "filling in the gaps" with the supervision of Oda.

Similar thing happened when the movies went to crap with the Alabasta remake. Oda had to step in for the Chopper remake, but even that did bad so Oda's had to oversee the movies as a whole too since then.
    It would seem so fitting if Sanji made an exception for Big Mom. Especially if he learns of all the crap Big Mom put Pudding through.

Leandro likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    “Don’t try to find a reason for somebody’s love.”
    Supernova Member of the Year 2019
    Expand Collapse

There was some point in time when you were talking about Oda’s writing, how it was so full of information in every panel, and also specifically how he had extra pages of data, etc on the Charlottes and was using the anime to flesh out the things that were either all packed into the manga or couldn’t fit. I was under the impression that this information was from some official source. ^_^ My bad. And I’m behind on them myself.

6. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

No bad character gets what he/she really deserves for every shit done on that story.
    Big Mom is a desgusting walrus and she deserves to die very very painfully.
    But you will see her alive after all of that.
    Justice in One Piece is just like democrat justice-all talk!

7. Rohan

Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to OPF.

I am from OJ also.

8. Jester

Crew Member Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

Atta boy, that was like what hooked me to OP as well, before that I was mostly Naruto fan, but after that Naruto became meh..

I also agree with fisherman arc to be worse of the lot, and I thought carrot was already SH? Unless I'm forgetting something, yah, I'm kind of getting old <.<'

My fav. Character is Brooks, shame he doesn't really get much screen time, followed by Ussop, Zoro. Nami before TS was pretty good too but after improvement in body designs I've found that her character has subtly changed, weird yeh?

9. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree at least.
    Luffy and Naruto are both terrible to me.
    But i would have to say Naruto was worse from the start.
    His fights were terrible,his fighting style was uneffective and without the Kyuubi he would die very young.
    The greatest problem of Naruto was the fact he could never win with his abilities and when the Kyuubi came out the fight would end in a dead end.
    Who designs characters like this?
    Some mangakas should be ashamed of themselves!

Jester likes this.
  10. Galkie

Anime-Lover.
    Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

welcome!!

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Nothing "official" as far as I know other than the official releases themselves. There's been a constant desire from fans for additional/clarification information. It started with the SBS. Once the SBS became more joking than legitimate questions, things then shifted to the expansion of the manga itself (Thriller Bark). This is the result of the anime getting within 10ish chapters of the manga (and back when it took 3-4 chapters to fill an anime episode). When that still wasn't enough, the official databooks came out. Oda got really good at being thorough, so there was a pretty long period where things weren't really needed. Now we got multiple versions of "official databooks" per say with the one piece magazines and vivre card books. There's a large number of "official" releases in Japan only. However, from the dozen or so I've browsed through at the airport/at bookstores, they don't have any legit new information and are only reviewing content with the author's commentary.
    Seems like only to your standards of a torturous death. Losing something significant enough and having to live through that torture is worse than death universally. That's the whole point of Oda being able to keep deaths out of the series unless absolutely necessary. In this sense, he is correct that the lost of a life long dream is astronomically worse than death.

12. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

It's a theory i don't share.
    You see shit like Mingo enslaving and destroying people's reputations,Big Mom wants to kill her own family if they don't do what she says,Navy guys talking about justice and killing innocent kids.
    I will never respect a justice who only arrests criminals guilty of the worst crimes when at the same time innocent people die because of them.
    Oda supports this useless liberal justice who protects the criminals instead of putting them in their place.
    Death ends everything,their crimes,their dreams and their oportunities to dream.
    If Oda wants criminals to be alive and feed them with people's money he should go to prison and live with his hommies.

13. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Theory? It's what Oda has said from the very beginning of the series. Came up super early in the SBS when someone asked why Oda doesn't kill off characters. It's perfectly fine to have your preferences, but it's up to the mangaka to do whatever they want with their series.
    We've only been shown one example, but Kuro reshaped himself and was living a quiet life. We'll see what happens to Yonkou, but the magical reformation/"finding God moment" if being implies for baddies that will not come up in a later part of the plot. He's free to do whatever he wants and I fully agree with the morals he's imparting upon the readers.

Although I can relate in that the B.S. takes me to your side of the spectrum on my view towards One Piece.

Leandro and Anjo like this.
  14. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

He means “view” or “perspective”, I’m pretty sure. But he can feel free to correct me if I’m misinterpreting him.

Leandro likes this.
  15. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yes,you really defend justice.
    When the story ends this will be visible,it is predictacle.
    If Oda keeps following that way of not killing bad guys of course they will keep doing their dirty job and be knocked out by miracle and go to prison.
    And since now you have the Yonkos on the scene it is safe to say it will become more serious,much worse than Pudding shooting Reiju in her beautiful leg.
    When you start to see what the Yonkos can do to innocent people you will understand how pointless is this way of punishment Oda has.
    On top of that we have all the disgracefull fighting performance the main character has shown.
    Bad guys do what they want to who they want for what they want and their punishment is allways light because the Navy doesn't care and the ones who care and try to stop them are too weak to give them what they deserve.

16. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Not necessarily. We don't have exact numbers but the Marines are 100% at least part of the attempted killings/executions of Kaidou. Since this is the Marines, they had pure kairouseki cuffs on him, so this means the executioners couldn't use haki (which is stupid on their part). Same goes for any pirates attempting to kill him too. Of course this is only for the sake of the plot continuing, but it only highlights the difference between Kaidou being invincible in full kairouseki, and Luffy unable to prevent a blade from cutting him with partial kairouseki.

I will 100% agree that something bigger has to happen to the Yonkou. However, I'm starting to give up hope on that happening with Oda running away from the plot.

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Wait a minute, and pardon me if my exhaustion is completely dulling my brain cells but how do these two correlate? Are you simply making the presumption based on the other execution that we’ve seen that they couldn’t use Haki and the kairoseiki was utilized to make him safely restrained? Or are you claiming that there’s something inherent in the kairoseiki that would’ve inhibited the executioners’ ability to use it against him and therefore Kaido’s own ability to use it as well since he was the one actually wearing it? Because the presumption I can at least understand but the latter I really don’t get. Hence my seeking clarification please and thank you to make sure that I haven’t completely missed something major here. ^_^

18. Leandro

Captain
    Expand Collapse

The Navy tried to kill him before,it didn't work.
    He tried to kill himself,it didn't work.
    Luffy can't KO him even after 100 time skips!
    His resillience is absolute.
    His strenght is legendary.
    If he is invincible nobody can defeat him.
    Put him on Luffy's side,it's the only way but if he does that the SH would be invincible,he likes them as weaklings.
    Admit @Seiryu,Oda messed up.
    He created a problem that can't be fixed without improvise or a plot twist/armor abuse.
    This is a character that can only be beaten by someone even more impressive than him.
    There was one but he died at Marineford.

19. Monster Trio

青眼の究極竜
    Shichibukai Member of the Year 2015
    Expand Collapse

Man's got taste, we should all hail the holy condoriano~
    Jokes aside though, I've been reading a bit through the thread, seems like you've been having some convos already :') ngl my brain is too fried to keep reading on at this moment, hell.. Idek why I opened the forum
    But, I hope you'll have an amazing time here and be able to read the manga soon again once Oden's flashback comes to an end :grin:

Kia likes this.
  20. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

If they could use Haki, then they were Coby level or something. If Kaidou is astronomically weakened and still is unscathed from a haki attack that just means the person was multiple tiers lower in physical capabilities.

Haki takes concentration. If he can use in with kairouseki then that’d really surprise me. This could be an alternative explanation but countered by the concentration aspect for now.
    Haha...I’ve been the only person calling B.S. on Oda. I’ve said it dozens of times that Oda messed up. 970 was the worst by far.

There’s multiple plot twists needed but we’ll see how much Oda deviates.

Leandro likes this.