1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi (Manga)

Discussion in 'Manga Series' started by Mophal, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Mophal

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    • Status(s):Completed
    • Summary:
      The story focuses on Kenichi Shirahama, an average 16-year-old high school student who has been picked on his whole life. However, on the first day of class, he meets and befriends the mysterious transfer student, Miu Fūrinji. Driven by his desire to become stronger and to protect those around him, he follows her to Ryōzanpaku, a dojo where those who are truly strong and have mastered their arts gather. After learning basics from Miu, Kenichi is able to beat a high ranking member of the school's karate club, and becomes a target for all the delinquents in the school. Kenichi's reason for training is to fulfill the promise he made to protect Miu. Subsequently, Kenichi's daily routine is divided between hellish training under the six masters of Ryōzanpaku, and his fights against the members of Ragnarok, a gang that views him as either a possible ally or an impending threat to their plans. After defeating Ragnarok, he faces a new enemy called YOMI, a group of disciples who are each personally trained by a master of an even bigger organization rivaling Ryōzanpaku, Yami. He realized that he wanted to be the strongest in order to protect everyone without killing anyone. Along with former members of Ragnarok who joined the Shinpaku Alliance, a group created by Kenichi's schoolmate Haruo Niijima, Kenichi now fights Yami to prove his ideals and protect those in need.

BooSheyt, Mosshead and Sunny G like this.
  2. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

I really enjoy this series. Were there flaws? Hell yeah. There are a crap ton but I still liked it - and I've re-read the manga maybe three times. Not a big fan of the main character but he is a fairly funny character at times if you can stomach his unrealistic wimpiness. This series true strength lies, in my opinion, in how ridiculously over the top it can be and the character interactions. I enjoyed the backstories of each Master, and most of the characters overall. There were a lot of characters that were given whatever backgrounds - but for the ones that were developed and delved into (Shigure, Apachai, Sakaki, Shou AKA Suparna), I enjoyed quite a lot.

Favorite character - Shou Kano
    Favorite moment -
    Silcardo Jenezad v. Akira Hongo and Sakaki Shio

BooSheyt and Mosshead like this.
  3. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I only watched the anime on this. I tried the manga but couldnt get drawn into it as much. Is it a good read? (Im mainly interested in the Masters Rivals)

Sunny G likes this.
  4. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Dude the last comment was a year ago let this thread die

Mosshead likes this.
  5. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

ahaha Didnt realise. I just discovered all these other threads so im exploring. I thought this was a One Piece only forum when I signed up

6. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

Luckily I'm still semi-active.

It'll be hit or miss. And it's hard to find a site with decent quality translations. But i enjoyed it for what it was. There are a ton of bad writing moments (mostly towards the end) and at one point you can just kind of tell the author is rushing to end it. I enjoyed the art of the fights - it's over the top and very exciting to read. If you're into that, you will like it. Story is meh. It has some funny moments.

I quite liked the next few arcs they had (after where they ended on the anime). Went more into the next rival gang "Yomi" who are 100x cooler then Ragnarok. You also begin seeing more Master Fights. Yami was introduced at the end of the anime. They are called One Shadow Nine Fist, the bare-handed sect of Yami. I liked them very much.

I'd recommend a look. A skim, at the very least. Enjoy.

BooSheyt likes this.
  7. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Its alive lol

I enjoyed the anime, I get how it wasnt perfect lmao but i stayed watching it.
    I read uptoo the part with a russian assassin or something & i think he was beefing the karate master but i ended up droping it.
    I think i tried reading to see the Yomi or Yami guys & the master fights.

I only remember Appa & heard that he gets into a good fight but unfortunately I never made it that far lmao.
    thnx for replying tho

BooSheyt and Sunny G like this.
  8. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

WOW!!! Let me in. To think that there's a thread on this manga. I've read it til the end and I was having fun reading this.

A different type of Martial Arts. It's so cool.

9. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

I like the idea of Masters against Masters, and Disciples against Disciples. Love it a lot!!!!

History's Strongest vs "Yami" or "Yomi"

I've read the series twice from episode 1 to the last.