1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

How will Luffy beat Katakuri?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by Mochi, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Will Luffy win or run to crew and they leave?

1. RUN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fight him boi

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mochi

Expand Collapse

I think that Luffy MAY get a stronger version of any haki, mostly observation/conquerors cause conquerors is Luffy's specialty?? ( I think i read that). Luffy is a battle genius, we know this because the crated his alternative of soru into gear 2nd with DF abilites. he saw Katakuris special devil fruit ability and his awakened moves, what if Luffy copies those and awakens his DF? (I think his DF awakening will be more affected on his body, he can move the rubber he is made out of to simulate Katakuris defense. This awakening also makes sense because the only two parcemia DFs that changes the human body into a completely new substance are the Gomu Gomu no mi and Mochi Mochi no mi, the big difference between these to devil fruits is that the Mochi fruit can generate Mochi. Another theory for luffys DF awakening will give him the ability to CREATE rubber just like Katakuris DF.) IF he did awaken DF he would still probably lose as Katakuri has more experience with the awakened DF. So he still needs a haki power up. Then luffy can probably beat Katakuri. This fits in as after the Reverire Arc there might be a Balitgo war arc... but then WANO. Luffy will fight Kaido... but Luffy is too weak currently!! He needs a power up soon!

Lol will Luffy even beat him or he has to leave to his crew.

2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum! I definitely agree that Luffy seems to need a power-up to win, but I would hate to see One Piece stoop to the level of pretty much all other shounen manga with B.S. power-ups. So for the sake of plot integrity, I'd rather see Luffy lose/fight to a draw/have the fight interrupted by Big Mom or some other factor.

3. PurplePandaSageReborn

Expand Collapse

Luffy is gonna win by pulling out the Gomu Gomu No UFO
    :luffysmilie:
    In all seriousness
    I do think Luffy will win this fight
    Possibly due to a power-up or just Luffy being Luffy which usually involves him using his head

4. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think that we need to look at what other has already said. It doesn't seem like there needs to be some big type of surprise for Luffy to beat Katakuri at this point.

It seems that Oda is still teasing Awakening but I don't think that this will be the moment where Luffy gets that ability. Instead I do think that has observation haki is going to dramatically improve during this fight. Once he and dogtooth have the same reaction abilities I think that Luffy is going to handle this fight pretty well. Dogtooth seems to do really poorly whenever stressed or pressured. Similar to how he kind of froze up at the wedding.

However if this was fairytale we would win by the power of friendship LOL I don't know why I just felt like getting a random dig in on Fairy Tail

5. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He' getting futuresight ... it' been forshadowed

6. PirateKing_D_Luffy

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Guys! I really don't want Luffy to loose or draw a fight before the year ends..

2017 will be completed with a bang!!!!

7. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Im not sure he will. Might be his loss this time.

Tough is he somehow wins, hes gonna need a power up or something.

8. Udell

Expand Collapse

You need an option that says Katakuri will leave. Luffy will not beat Katakuri or land any serious blows that injures Katakuri too much. Brulee will inform Katakuri of the shit storm that is happening outside and Katakuri will leave mirror world with Brulee. This will leave Luffy trapped in Mirror World and allow him to rest for his fight against Big Mom.

riofriz likes this.
  9. RTNblackninja

Expand Collapse

i guess him will gain something new that similar with dogteeth....it can be awakening state becos next war is with Kaido.
    I think writer will make us satisfy soon XD

10. RTNblackninja

Expand Collapse

I guess Luffy will not fight big mom soon.....Becos crew not there all together.....them will leaving after get sanji and pudding (regroup) and leave TOT Island.

11. Udell

Expand Collapse

tbh I don't really debate this anymore. If you don't want to add the option then cool.

12. Chicano180

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

LOL

13. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I think we will se puffy not power up, but merely furthering his skills.

We already know he has vision haki (forgot the name), what I believe he's doing is trying to match his haki to katakuri's. If he is able to see the future as he does then they will be in an equal step

14. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

Probably luck.

15. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Kenbunshoku is the Japanese name. Just my personal bias, but I would kinda see that as a BS power up too. Kenbunshoku is by far Luffy's biggest haki weakness, so to see him get to a master level out of nowhere is unrealistic. Maybe Oda pulls of a great way of making it seem legit, but frog-Carrot BS has me worried.

16. Monkey D. Ruffy

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

To answer the question.
    Yes luffy will fight an win. How? Probably by punching or kicking him :laughing:

Elan Morin Moridin and Cosmos like this.
  17. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

I think katakuri is a different opponent than those luffy has faced before. From the very begging he took things seriously and charged with full power. Others that came before him, like Don flamingo, might've been equally strong but didn't take him seriously and were already worn out from previous encounter with allies.

I don't think Katakuri is that string. He is just meticulous. And now that Luffy had the time to stop for a moment I believe he'll come up with a plan (with or without power up) to overcome this.

PS: Sorry for the errors but I have autocorrect.

18. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

No worries, it still read smoothly other than string/strong (took a second to figure that out). I would point out that Katakuri's character is why he's taking Luffy seriously. He saw future of Luffy breaking out of the cake, and more importantly he has recognized the "it" factor that makes Luffy a legitimate threat to Big Mom in the future. Seems anticlimactic to create so much hype behind Katakuri, only to have him defeated within 10 chapters of all the hype. Plus, the fact that he is simply toying with Luffy by mimicking the gomu gomu abilities was Oda's way of emphasizing Luffy is at a deficit in speed, power, destructive ability, haki, etc. This was directly stated at times as well throughout the recent clashes.

Luffy is definitely not an idiot when it comes to fighting tactics (Oda's creativity to find a rational loophole), so I can't argue against Luffy winning now that he's made up his mind. However, Oda has laid out all of the breadcrumbs that point down a different trail.

19. Elan Morin Moridin

Expand Collapse

Luffy has been steadily improving his evasion and movement speed all throughout the fight. I can see a new tactic of Luffy simply blitzing Katakuri by bouncing off the surface of the MW at such speeds that he becomes a swirling tornado of G4 punches surrounding Katakuri that seem to strike simultaneously from all sides.

That or, Luffy gets futuresight :yay: