1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Hunter x Hunter Chapter 385 - Warning

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Johannes, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

2. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

#2 Ebony Rustle, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    I actually like what one person commented about Tserry's nen beast ability -- "a lie for a lie". And after a brief research, I came up with a theory that his nen beast might be dealing with some sort of manipulation of reality. Here's how it works:
    1. First condition is a question from Tserry which a person could lie to. The lie that Theta committed was probably towards the one question from a few chapters ago where Tserry asked if he can trust her.
    2. Another condition is if Tserry's doubt was a factor for the question. If it was, the nen beast inflicts a wound on the target after he/she answers it. Through this mechanic, the nen beast imposes a remote (perhaps parasitic in nature) "rule" on the person.
    3. Final condition is the violation of the rule. In other words, the actions of the person prove that he/she was lying. This then triggers a manipulation of reality in which the present reality is replaced with another that protects or benefits Tserry. So shoot him in the head, he comes out alive regardless.

Seiryu and Johannes like this.
  3. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This is a good theory! What I think is that Prince Tserrie's second nen beast (skeleton like) protected him from the gun shot (more like a defense type (probably always active), while the horse like nen beast is the offense type) even though Prince Tserrie seems to know Theta's objective he could easily kill Theta using with his nen beast but instead just give him a warning (probably because he is grateful to Theta teaching him how to use nen).

4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I love how we have a "replacement" for Hisoka. Despite being pure evil (which Hisoka was early in the series), he's become a lovable anti-hero. Tserried will truly be pure evil, but I'm loving how he is being hyped up as the potential final boss of the series. Once we get to the foreign continent, we are going to need groups of people as strong as him. This royal succession arc is going better than I thought it would, but I think I'm looking forward to the mystery continent as much as Wano Kuni. Too bad it's going to take years to get there, if we ever get there...

5. Finalbeta

Expand Collapse

This is an enjoyable arc indeed. I'm too hyped for the DC though, can't wait for that hoping there will not be another hiatus