1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. Our One Piece User Tournament is back. Join the fun now!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Hunter x Hunter Chapter 390 - Clash

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Johannes, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

It probably is because of the breaks, but I can't keep track of the different Princes. I do love the eventual character development and the varied personality (a nice twist is how it is reflected in their respective nen beasts). There's got to be some sort of twist to the coins, and the more specific the ability, the stronger it is. So this probably falls into something like how Kurapika gets a huge power-up when he uses his powers against a Phantom Troupe member.

Has anyone been tracking the duration of the hiatuses? It feels like they are getting shorter, but that may just be my schedule getting crazier so it feels like HxH resumes faster than before.

3. Johannes

The End of the Beginning
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

Since last month Updates are consistent from time to time! Probably Togashi wants to finish as fast as possible the Succession Arc and move on to the Dark Continent Arc!

Seiryu likes this.
  4. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I sure hope so! Ever since it's introduction, the Dark Continent has seemed like non-stop action. We got a little glimpse of the true powerhouses when Gon forcefully matured himself, but to think everyone is at or above that level (with the beasts and abnormal phenomena being exponentially stronger), I'd wait years for it to be done correctly (I've already waited a decade already). Togashi always seems to come up with at least one good twist every arc, so I'm sure even the Succession Arc will have something to act as a good opening for the main event.

Johannes likes this.
  5. Ebony Rustle

Helmsman
    Expand Collapse

The last hiatus was around 5 issues longer than the one before it. If you want, you can google the entire hiatus chart (since I'm not sure if links are allowed here).
    Even though a lot of people are complaining about the oversaturation of text in the recent chapters, I actually like it a lot since it's another arc of learning more about the complex world of nen. And so far, Togashi managed to show both its depth and
    the twins' tragedy was remarkable
    . As for the DC arc, I get the feeling that it won't happen right after this Succession arc because of Kurapika. I can't quite picture how it will all end with him joining the actual expedition after they land at the fake continent. And if he's not there, Leorio won't be as well. And if neither of them are present, the most hyped up arc of the series will have none of the four main protagonists lol. But then again, I'm fine with Ging replacing them. He's such a charming and OP character that involving him in the current arc would have ended it within a week, but it would still make sense. :laughing: