1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[INTRO] One Piece Theorist of the Month

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Marco Polo, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

New Year, new contest!

All you need to do to enter is write a One Piece Theory! It can be about anything you want, as long as it's in the One Piece universe. You don't even have to include a tag in your title saying it's a Theorist of the Month entry, just post the
    thing and you're entered.

At the end of each month, myself or one of the other mods will stick a voting thread to the top of this subforum, where you vote for your Top 3 theories each month!

Prizes are still TBC, but the plan is:

3rd: 50 Trophy Points
    2nd: 100 Trophy Points
    1st: 150 Trophy Points

And hopefully some kind of other bonus for the winner

The top three theories each month will be shared to OPF Social Media channels, to an audience of thousands!
    Every few months, @Jawahib and I may do a round-up of the best theories voted for by you for the YouTube channel ad well... Who knows, maybe someone famous in the online OP community will see your theory?

That's all from me.

Good luck, and happy theory writing!

Villaine, vinna, ckimbrew and 8 others like this.
  2. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sounds exciting, I'm curious to see what people come up with! :D

3. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

I'd better see a theory from you Judgey boi

Judgement likes this.
  4. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to think of something really good, then...

5. riofriz

theymademedoit.
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

ye bbboooooooooy!!

6. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

:chopper: I like this!

7. sweetjacky

Missing him :'(
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Can I use an older theory I made as an entry?

8. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Sure, but you can't use it again after this

sweetjacky likes this.
  9. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh this sounds interesting and fun! :robin:

10. vinna

Expand Collapse

Nice ideia! I've posted a theory and already have another one to share, but I may wait until February:dendenmushi:

Marco Polo likes this.
  11. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

You can enter more than once if you like, it's up to you

vinna likes this.
  12. Most wanted dragon

Expand Collapse

Hey guys my theory is about the fights in wano kuni arc kinda dependent on a theory sort of thing i saw on a op webpage which said that the other 2 calamities will be likely called queen and king and they would have the insect insect no mi and storm storm fruit respectively.
    also these are my opinions and wishes with a little backup to my theory

First i will rule out the obvious characters that will be fighting kaido - luffy, law, kid(i think), nekomamushi and inuarashi(maybe like support and all) (i hope i didn't miss out any other major strong character) and like in whole cake island arc the way bege turned against i would love to see x drake do the same and if he doesn't and fights for kaido his opponents would be kid

Next is the fodder-ish kind like sheepshead who will be fighting the samurai(since they would be attacked by other strong people like shogun the samurai wouldn't dare to fight even fodder that;s why i said so) along with other average minks will fight gifters and pleasures

Coming to the disasters/calamities i will start with jack. i think jack is the weakest of the calamities yet obviously powerful and i think the characters that would be fighting are Sanji,chopper, Kanjuuro ( i know a lot of sanji fans may hate me for this since him fighting the weaker opponent and all but sorry)
    Sanji would fight him because he is one of the monster trios of the straw hat crew and very capable of kicking heavy people and things and deal heavy damage and zoro is being saved for later.. so a fighter of his capability should be fighting jack also i think he also hasn't showed us his true power and robin may assist because of her gigan tescomano

next calamity is the queen like i said before she would have the insect insect no mi granting ability to control to control insects as she pleases and because bugs and like are relatively weak to heat, electric, water based attacks the most suited people for fighting her are - usopp, bepo, carrot, raizo, and maybe jinbei as some of the before mentioned may lose and he jumps in

And finally comes the king having probably eaten the storm storm fruit but he has to have a zoan devil fruit so it should be something along the lines of Hito Hito no mi: model Raiju. Raiju are mythical entities capable of producing storms and lightning but kings df will give him more control over the wind and water aspects of storm rather than lightning allowing him to cause whirlpools and huge waves create floods and this would be one of the very powerful devil fruits in the anime...and clearly the most suited and capable and my favorite pirate hunter roronoa zoro will fight him because in his fight against pica in dressroza he quotes "the nine mountains and eight seas...there's nothing i cant cut" and since he already cut a mountain sized enemy pica.. it is time for him to cut through the seas and so he will be the one to fight the king of calamities
    and i know so far in the new world almost no one has been able to as much as dirty his clothes he will be showing us his true powers in this fight because he will also be fighting the shogun of wano kuni and may also have been an intense battle so he will be atleast drained if not heavily injured and be forced to show us a few more strong cards(pun intended if you get it) up his sleeve although he may not fight it all out with the shogun and fights against king yet it maybe difficult for him too so i see other two people help him out - brook and kinemon and though he may not like it but respects them as swordsmen he fights alongside them

I hope i have not by mistake copied someone this is my opinion and theory and i apologize if i have offended anyone

I am not good at this stuff but i tried to express my thoughts best and hopefully you all will like it

Marco Polo likes this.
  13. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Seems like a good theory, if you want to enter it, create a separate thread for it ^_^

14. Buggy D. Clown

Expand Collapse

When will we know the results?

15. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Expand Collapse

Voting thread will probably be up after another week from now.

16. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Deadline for January entries is January 31st
    I'll try get the voting thread up on Feb 1
    Results will probably come middle of February, maybe Feb 7?

Mosshead and Storm chaser like this.
  17. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Storm chaser likes this.
  18. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Nice an Eneru fan. I have a thread about Eneru returning with a certain someone so I hope you enjoy it cause I think it will happen & if it does just remember me as 'True' Theorist Of The Month' & if im wrong just forget everything i have said here ahaha

Judgement likes this.
  19. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Thinking about bringing this back, but with a few changes:
    • Instead of all the theories being entered automatically, people who wish their theory to be considered for the award should either include a [THEORY OF THE MONTH] tag in their thread title, or tag the event co-ordinator (currently that's me, hi) in the thread to say "I'd like to submit this theory for Theory of the Month". This both saves effort for the organiser (again, I am very lazy) going through and including every theory submitted over the course of a month, and saves the theorists who don't wish their theories to be entered in the contest from having to say "hey please take my theory out"
    • Based on the current activity of the Theory section, I may consider changing "Theory of the Month" to "Theory of the Season" (although there's a "Theorist" award in Member of the Season already, I can just take that one out and have it exclusively run in this section)
    Would people be interested in this? It would require more theories to be written for me to bring it back, though

20. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think going straight to "Theory of the Season" sounds better at this rate.