1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Is Doflamingo Underestimating Luffy?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga' started by shahzeb, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shahzeb

Expand Collapse

I Think Doflamingo is Underestimating Luffy He was Saying To Law That He Has Set Trap For Luffy In Colliseum I Mean luffy Is Enough Strong To Defeat Doflamingo What Do You Think?

2. sturmsoldat1

Expand Collapse

I think that Luffy is not at Doflamingos level at all. Also we dont know the strength of Doflamingos men or some of the other people who are fighting in the colosseum, like Jesus Burgess...he is fucking strong for sure. I dont really think that Luffy will win the tournament

3. Shishi Sonson

Expand Collapse

Since we don't know the exact ability of DD devilw fruit,and we do only speculations about it,we canot say that Luffy is of lower level than DD,or the opposite...be a little patient to see the next chapters,I don't see sth else...

4. dyppa

Expand Collapse

Well, I also think Doflamingo is underestimating Luffy but Luffy still needs experience in the New World so I think Luffy will kinda be trapped in the corner. Before Luffy ends up loosing or winning the turnament, I am sure something will happen and we won´t see the end of the tournament.

5. Yosh!

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Doflamingo is definitely underestimating Luffy. Thinking Luffy will die in the Colosseum.

I believed he doesn't know that the Straw Hat Pirates underwent hard trainings.

Lastly, if Luffy can't win the tournament, then he better fuck outta new world. He's still not ready for it. I still haven't see them pressed into the verge of death while fighting on equal grounds so I really do think they got more up on their sleeves.:)

6. kxiong0613

Expand Collapse

i do think dd is underestimating Luffy to some extent because there was an episode or manga that dd stated luffy weaker than law.(CC arc. not saying law is weaker but to judge someone without even seeing them after 2 years is saying quite a bit) Seems like everyone is underestimating the straw hats atm but you're definitely correct that luffy wont win the Colosseum alone...he will need zoro's and sanji's help for sure because too many strong fighters.

7. R1pp3r D. Pervert

Unofficial forum mod
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think its like a double etched sword. Luffy is underestimating DD, yonkos oh well EVERYONE in a way (he's Luffy, lets not forget that), on the other hand DD underestimates everyone as well.

Idd until we get a proper POV of DD true abilities we can't put make a good theory on it.

8. Pirate Hunter

Expand Collapse

I think so, Doflaminggo is underestimating Luffy. He still not realize that Luffy has most fearsome abilities and he has most loyal nakama's.

Mihawk - It's not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas (one piece Wiki)
    Bartholomew Kuma - To find such loyal companions... your son is indeed amazing... Dragon.(one piece Wiki)

Who knows that Luffy would bring big name such as Jimbei, Crocodile, Buggy & prisoner, Ivankov & Revolutionary army to the Marineford battlefield.
    In future, I think Don ChinJao Family and Bellamy would became Luffy's ally.

9. Yosh!

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

On the latest chapter, DD said that Luffy is a tad bigger threat than Law.

10. Haguar D. Jr.

King of Kenbunshoku
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Doflamingo thinks Luffy's of a higher caliber than Law.
    Atm probably because of Luffy's Haoshoku no Haki, and DD knows it very well.

11. WelcomeToRaftel

Expand Collapse

I think DD may be underestimating Luffy, but I still think that he's also stronger than Luffy. Realistically, the two strongest characters in this arc, in my opinion, have to be DD and Fujitora. However, I'm really only basing that on Fujitora's rank. DD could have killed Smoker easily in the last arc if Kuzan didn't save him (although I will admit that Smoker was pretty beaten up at that point). Also, Vergo was clearly more powerful than Sanji, and Vergo is not even one of DD's main subordinates like Diamante or Trebol (however, it's tough to tell where Vergo ranks among DD's crew, since he's undercover in the marines). Also, since DD is a world noble, Fujitora is basically forced to intervene if anyone lays a hand on him, so Luffy and Law appear to be in trouble. I think someone else is going to have to enter this arc to help them out, because Law already appears pretty out of it, and even after the timeskip, there's no way that the Straw hats can take out all of these people by themselves.

12. 5kyMarshall

Chief Executive Otaku
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think he is underestimating him. It's the only things Luffy has going for him when they meet each other.
    DD probably has a good reason to be arrogant though, looking forward to this so much.

Typical OP fashion, I think Luffy will be 1v1 with DD eventually. While Zoro and Sanji fight the next 2 powerful.

13. whitebeard6

Expand Collapse

Knowing how luffy easily beat up a 500 million guy and being able to match up with a former admiral, i can say that luffy is equal or stronger than dd. Man you trained for 2 yrs and still dont have the strength to match dd? If you base all the characters in dressrosa, if not luffy then who can match him? Good guys suppose to win right? Yes dd is strong but this arc suppose to show the world that the strawhats are for real. Whats the point of going to dressrosa if the crew cant defeat a big name like dd? Also, law and luffys plan is to defeat kaido. That confidence alone proves that they are strong. :-) nowto answer the question, dd is underestimating luffy but that would be his downfall. :-)

14. FrankyGaon15

The Barbarian
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

he definitely thinks highly of luffy thats why he had to set up these traps to get him out of the way

15. GraphicNature

Expand Collapse

I don't think it's so much that DD is underestimating Luffy, rather than he set up the Colosseum as a means to keep Luffy distracted while he goes ahead with his plans....If he didn't think Luffy was strong enough to stand in his way, he would have just met up with Luffy right off the bat and killed him off....You guys gotta remember, Rayleigh's initial objective was to train Luffy for 2 full years, if he didn't think Luffy was strong enough to be a threat to the people in the New World, he wouldn't have left him 6 months before the training was over. DD isn't an idiot, and he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. I don't think DD is afraid to fight Luffy, but he's smart enough to realize that if he does fight Luffy, there is a chance he will lose...

16. TonzChopper

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

DD has his plans. He is not underestimating luffy or something. I think DDs more interested in finishing Law because of the plans he knows rather than fightning Luffy head-on which will cause him some ruckus for the WG/Marine to discover. Remember that an Admiral is in Dressrosa (Fujitora).
    So I think DDs being careful with his actions. He is a Puppet Master, he likes to control anything and anyone he wants. So when someone thinks bigger than him, or betrays him, he carefully put his plans on work and dispose him secretly or falsely.

Remember the time when he disposed Moria? He told moria that it was an order much higher than the WG itself. Maybe he is referring to himself.

17. pepotman

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

well, regarding the moria incident, i'm pretty pretty sure there was someone from the world government who asked dd to do the dirty deed. it was shown both in manga and in anime. i would post the manga page but i'm just too lazy right now :3

18. Dugi

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I also think that DD is underestimating Luffy, thinking that's he is weak comparing to his first companions and himself. That's far from the truth. DD has some ideas on how strong Luffy might be, but he's totally basing everything in the meeting with Luffy at Marineford - Luffy improved A LOT since then. Diamante is certain to be very strong, but he is not the main antagonist of this arc, DD is and they usually lose if the pace is the same as in the last arcs.

In my opinion, DD will see his end in this chapter. Luffy might not be fully stronger than him, but something will cause DD to fail... We didn't hear quite a while from the CP1.

19. panget0321

Expand Collapse

Like it!!! after the two, DD will be the next!

20. coolcomfort

Expand Collapse

Of course he underestimate him but not that much! I still cant understand flamingos Fruit Skill to cut things with threads? but its also works on logia user like smoker? i dont get it... at the war With WB he also attacked Mr.Crocodile and failed becase he was out of sand.....? And how does it works on sanhi or luffy they both uses haki . Or can haki block this poor and overpowered boring skill.? and how can that idiotic flamingo fly??? an Fruit user who flys is so overpowered....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.