1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Is Sanji still the third strongest Strawhats?

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by Querzis, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Querzis

Expand Collapse

I registered on this forum just to know what other One Piece fans think about this and I know Sanji fans will hate me for this but I really dont feel like he deserve to be called the 'third Strongest Strawhats' after the time skip. I mean Franky is now considerably tougher and stronger, can self heal very fast, has tons of new weapons including a frigging lazer beam, is faster with his tank mode and thats without even bringing in the General Franky. Meanwhile, Sanji can now fly and use haki...Yay? And his haki is so weak his leg almost broke against Vergo and flying isnt very useful when Doflamingo one-shot you. I mean do you think Doflamingo could have one-shot Franky instead? Robin improvements are also a lot more impressive then Sanji. And now with Sai, I dont feel like hes even the strongest kicker on Luffy side anymore, even without using his hands or his weapon Sai would kick his ass in my mind.

I mean dont get me wrong, maybe Sanji just has a new secret powerful technique he hasnt used yet or he'll soon hit a new major power spike but right now? I dont feel like hes anywhere close to Luffy and Zoro anymore while Franky, Robin and the divisions commanders are all looking very impressive.

2. Faceplant911

Expand Collapse

#2 Faceplant911, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    First, I'm just gonna spit it out... Im a zoro fan. Secondly, It is sanji's durability really that makes him a powerful fighter. And third, there is a major difference between the fighting style of kicking and swords, in that swords widespread damage simply looks more powerful than even a burning kick. However, sanji's kicks actually do pack a massive punch, just into a less impressive looking package. (That's why I'm a zoro fan.) Also, Sanji's leg getting cracked VS Vergo could have something to do with all with the crippling he got on water 7. I do think that Franky is pretty awesome, though, and also Chopper because his monster point made even Luffy run. But on the subject of Sanji's being third, let me ask you this. Do you really think a battle between Sanji and Zoro would go down in anything but a tie? While it would be Zoro who destroyed the battlefield, That's like saying Doflamingo is stronger than Luffy because Doflamingo caused all the collateral damage.

Plozoh FTW, DevonHawk and Red like this.
  3. F.E.A.R.

Primordial Truth
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Short Answer - Yes.

1. Luffy
    2. Zoro
    3. Sanji

Corneille likes this.
  4. Mapache

means raccoon
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

This thread might interest you: http://opforum.net/threads/sanji-vs-franky.11067/
    A similar question has been brought up once and you can read some opinions there.

My answer concerning who would win a direct fight was:

Now about the points you bring up:
    I really don't think that Franky is faster than Sanji. Also tanks aren't really known for being fast vehicles. They have a lot of power, yes and that is what I think Franky has, too and his attacks might be more destructive thatn Sanji's. But he's definitely not faster what puts him in a disadvantage here. Of course he has a lot of weapons but - as I've already stated - I'm pretty sure Sanji can dodge a lot of attacks considering he has Kenbunshoku Haki.

Of course Sanji's haki looks weak against Vergo, he was a master at it. I don't think Franky could have beaten him either concerning he might not even have haki. And I also think that Doflamingo would have beaten Franky in any case. When Luffy had such a hard time beating Doflamingo I don't assume Franky could just have withstood him. Both, Sanji and Franky, would have had no chance against Vergo or Doflamingo.

To make a final conclusion about who is stronger can't be absolute. Each one can have better chances depending on the opponent, just like with every strawhat (I just want to remember that Usopp was the only one who could fight Perona). It's not a very satisfying answer but that's how I see it.

kaito kid, DevonHawk, Red and 2 others like this.
  5. Querzis

Expand Collapse

But Sanji is nowhere as durable as Luffy, Zoro or Franky. In all of his fight he focus on dodging. I'd say his speed is what makes him a powerful fighter but I absolutely never saw him as durable compared to the others.

If, after all this time, Sanji is still crippled because of Water 7, then doesnt that mean hes basically permanently weakened? Mind you I dont think thats what happened, just that Vergo Haki is much more stronger but Sanji being weakened because of his past injuries is the opposite of an excuse, it means he did get weaker while Luffy and Zoro sure dont seems all that slowed by past injuries (once again, I dont think thats what happened, just pointing out that your explanation actually just make him look even weaker.)

Before the Time Skip, I would have said Zoro would have barely won and passed out a second later. But after the Time Skip? Yeah. Everything I saw from these two after the Time Skip make me feels like Zoro would absolutely destroy him.

6. Sprasle

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, Water beats Fire.

Rankings can't be precise due to the fact that everyone is stronger in a good match-up and weaker in a bad one.

Praetorianus and Soma like this.
  7. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sanji if vergo and him was continue to fight sanji will beat him...vergo was one of strongest haki users cuz he was able to turn his whole body in haki...I think sanji and zoro are on same level

8. Querzis

Expand Collapse

Of course hes not faster then Sanji, speed is Sanji strength, always was. But hes not as strong, tough, versatile or destructive as Franky and I feel like those are more important especially since, once again, Franky can self-heal now. Which attacks does Sanji have that could possibly take out Franky? Also, hes still a melee fighter. I agree that he probably coudnt hit Sanji with his ranged attacks but Sanji still need to get into punching/grabbing range of Franky to hurt him. And lots of people have shown after the time skip that its not such a good idea.

Oh I dont think Franky could beat either of them. I just think he woudnt get easely one-shot by either of them.

9. Faceplant911

Expand Collapse

If you remember though, back on thriller bark, both sanji and zoro tanked kumas blow while no one else (including franky) could. It's just that zoro decided to take the pain from luffy, even if it meant knocking out sanji too. If sanji had kicked zoro at that moment, I bet he could have done exactly what zoro did with Kuma.

DevonHawk and ZakNik like this.
  10. maisafie

See you later, space coboy ...
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You're never gonna see smth like this :). I mean never ever gonna see Zoro destrying Sanji :). And yes, I think Sanji and Zoro are at the same level and Sanji's still way above Franky. With Vergo the plot was ment to show us Vergo's power not Sanji's weaknes :D.

Red and Wolf like this.
  11. Date Damon

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

he still is for sure. I say we give him more time.

12. Cosmos

Ms. Owl
    Administrator
    Expand Collapse

Vergo has one of the most powerful haki's... It is only normal that sanji struggled to fight him.

Also after his leg was broken he could still protect the sunny from df. And we don't know what happened with big mom.
    In short, even if zoro is still stronger ( and I believe there is a considerable difference) sanji is definitely 3rd strongest

13. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes. I think he will until the EoS (unless Jinbe will become the 3rd but I doubt).

14. Raja-Senpai

Expand Collapse

When Sanji was fighting Vergo his body was already weakened by all the hits Nami received when she was owning sanjis body. That is why his leg almost broke

SlashSpeed and kaito kid like this.
  15. AroshaS

Expand Collapse

Sanji is the third strongest strawhat in luffy's crew though he fights equal with zoro who is known as vice caption. And sanji's full potential is not cleared yet and also Im pretty sure that Oda will surprise us as he does all the time.

16. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

|
    From what we have been shown I can't remotely understand how anyone can put those two on the same level. Based off of what we have seen, not what we believe, it isn't currently close.

17. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

here is my answer Sanji has been and will forever be the 3rd strongest straw hat, his rivalry with zoro demands it, otherwise it would be a pointless rivalry were the out come would be obvious from the start, think about it like the elbaf warriors back on little garden, there fight always end tied, and they compared themselves to zoro and sanji and how they also use to hunt and compete. but just for the humor i am going to say that franky's nipples are stronger than sanji.

18. Corneille

Captain of the Red Raven Company of Pirates
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He is. However, he would lose to 4 crewmates at least. Those would be Zoro, Luffy, Nico Robin and Nami. But he's stronger than Robin and Nami.

19. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'm not so sure about this one. Though he should be stronger.

20. Dark Flames

Mechanical Engineer
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My opinion is that he is still the 3rd strongest. Ive always seen sanji as weaker than zoro (not as equal). Although Doflamingo (he is a monster) one shot him he is still more capable fighter than Franky. Sanji could have beaten Senior Pink in way less time than franky.

kaito kid likes this.