1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

It's fashion time!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mapache, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Mapache

means raccoon
    Haoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

We just had a long discussion on the skype group about the clothes we like to wear and clothes in general. Hence, the idea to this thread was born.
    What are your thoughts about fashion in general? Is it important or not? Which kind do you like which do you hate? What do you think about today's popular fashion or any other decade's? You can also tell us about your style and show photos if you want.

So, I'll make a start by showing you my small collection of shoes. I love comfy shoes and prefer them in either blue or black. Also, I don't have any high heels and don't think I ever will ever be able to walk in them anyway.
    [​IMG]

My favourite shoes as a teenager, may they rest in peace:
    [​IMG]

Apart from shoes I also like the rest of my clothes to be black and without any patterns or applications. It's just the easiest way and black fits with everything.

P.S. During the conversation we found out that we have an absolute fashion victim on the forum. Maybe they will show themselves here.

Monster Trio, Owl and Tony like this.
  2. menma

Uncle
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Cloth and shoes i don't care about that at all aslong as i can take it on! i only care about that it isn't yellow or pink and that is about all :)

my favorite cloth to wear is a jogging pants and an old t-shirt there sits a bit loose for me that is the cloth i am most comfy with

3. Tony

Unknown Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Although i was part of the conversation, the victim is not me. As for fashion, the clothes i wear are mostly blue, grey, black or white. I do care about fashion and i do try to wear nice clothes most of the time. What i don't like is buying clothes, my mom (and sometimes my sister) always goes with me and she has a really good sense for fashion. My style is nothing special, i usually just kinda keep up with the current trends (if they are not ridiculous). A current trend i don't like is having massive holes in your jeans.

4. katching pirates

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Any comfortable clothes would do but I enjoy wearing dresses every time I get the chance. I prefer slippers to shoes. Heels isn't much of a problem as well but due to long walks for class, I prefer slippers.

5. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I'm in a constant state of thinking aboht buying new clothes but not wanting to spend money
    I buy literally an item at a time but I have no pre-defined idea of what I want until I've tried it on

I don't like baggy jeans, or just baggy trousers in general so I stay away from those

I also quite like going to vintage stores (the place I live is littered with them) cause they have some cool stuff but then I never end up buying anything and I feel like I should

6. Twelve

Trippin'
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

In general, I think that fashion is a good thing. The kind of clothes some people wear speaks a lot about them. I've met artists in my university who express themselves in their everyday clothes or in the accessories that they are wearing. And I think that it's a beautiful thing. Fast fashion, on the other hand, is an issue for me (but I don't want to talk about the environment in this thread xD).

Taking clothing technology classes also helped me become more aware of the things that I buy/ wear. Although I'm not particularly picky when it comes to clothes. I only have one rule: Wear something comfortable.

Being a student is hard when it comes to having options in clothing (limited time and resources) so I also do not pay that much attention to how I dress now. I also don't want to burden my parents with my wants. So, when I finally graduate and have a job, I'll pay attention to my clothes more. For now...I wear shorts and a comfortable shirt/blouse or dresses (whenever I'm too lazy to coordinate stuff). I used to wear jeans all the time when going to class but it's so hot in our country now that I was forced to have more shorts than pants/jeans. Like Mapache, I also prefer wearing black because it goes with anything. When I buy stuff, I tend to choose black over other colors. In terms of footwear, I also prefer flat shoes or wedges. I can't be trusted with stilettos but I sometimes wear them on special occasions.

Also, it's my dream to wear "winter clothes" (trench coats and stuff). :grin:

As for the things I do not like seeing: Wearing leggings + a really short shirt

7. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Like this? :grin:
    [​IMG]
    Apart from this being a terrible outfit, I don't like leggings either. I once saw a 12/13-year old wearing leggings with emojis on them. That was one of the worst things ever.

8. Twelve

Trippin'
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes. And that color too :D

Maybe leggings with provocative words written are worse than what you've seen? xD I always see girls here wearing those things. A "Just do it" / "Hit me" / "Sexy" printed on their butts always catches my attention :grin:

9. Yumavo Cado

big bear steamin’ hams
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I like flannel woodchuck shirts, fluffy hats, and sneakers. That about sums it up, @Mapache can confirm.

10. pskecount

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

To be honest I really don't have much of a fashion sense but I like to wear Comfortable things may it be clothes or shoes or anything... Mostly I just like to wear loose T-shirts and Pants even if it's Jeans I always prefer Cargo or Elastic lol. Other than that am not much fond of buying clothes and shoes and all... So It's my mom who helps me buy those but on the other hand my bother really has a Good sense of Fashion.

11. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it's my face or the way I dress, but security guards in stores usually keep an eye on me.
    I like white shirts 'cause I like to live dangerously. I like brightly colored t-shirts. I like ripped jeans. I own about 7 leather jackets, but I only use 2 of them. This one being my fav:
    2016-10-07-161812.jpg
    It's likely none of you will think it's cool, but it's iconic and one of the few fitting clothes I own (usually when I buy clothes they are too big...)

12. pskecount

Expand Collapse

I think it is Cool :) Well Actually, It Suits You ;)

Grin likes this.
  13. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

y-you think you can score points with me that easily? b-baka

14. pskecount

Expand Collapse

I was just honest man... :nomouth:

15. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Fashion to me is a well-fitting, double breasted suit, shoes polished to the shine, and a pair of sunglasses so that you can pretend to be Agent K when no one is looking.

Fashion has always been a hot topic of debate since there are tons of opinions clashing with each other, a battle of egos basically. I'm fine with fashion in general, but I hate it when people use "freedom of expression" and "equal rights" as excuses to intentionally make other folks feel uncomfortable.

I'm okay with anything on girls as long as that thing is me

I have jeans holes in very specific areas iykwim, have you changed your mind about 'em now?

16. Tony

Unknown Member
    Expand Collapse

But in your case, they don't have to be massive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Marco Polo likes this.
  17. Red

Red
    4ever REDDY
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

:ragecry:

Marco Polo likes this.
  18. sweetjacky

Missing him :'(
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Fashion, what is that? Can I eat it?

Btw I remember the awesome shoes you were wearing in Berlin ;)

19. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Ah, the ones which have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese. I have to announce that after three years or something today has come the day that I will part ways with them. It was a great time. Rip in pepperonis, old shoes. But something just arrived:
    [​IMG]:yay:

P.S. I'm kinda sad that our most fashionable member has still not written anything in this thread.

P.P.S. Blue shoes ftw!

20. Mapache

means raccoon
    Expand Collapse

At the risk of turning this thread into "Mapache shows of her stuff" I gotta post my newest acquisition because it's too awesome to not do so.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, you can call me "crazy raccoon lady" now.

Vesi, 4thBlade, Red and 3 others like this.