1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Jewelry Bonney works with the revolutionary army and her goal in this arc

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by James geraghty, Jun 17, 2018.

1. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

In the latest issue it was revealed that kuma was the father of jewelry Bonney, in the manga it was kind of weirdly translated but from the looks of it she is on some kind of suicide mission into the celestial dragon home estate. At first I just took it as her being there at the same time as the revolutionary army since reverie would likely be the easiest time to break in but when thinking about it, it make sense that she is working for the revolutionary army herself.

She is the daughter of one of the former commanders so it would make sense that she would have followed her father’s path and joined as well.

Now I don’t think she was in the revolutionary army when she was introduced I think she was just a normal pirate then. But when she was attacked by black beard and lost her crew I believe at some point she joined up with the revolutionary army to help her retrieve her father’s body from the celestial dragons.

So I don’t think she directly works for them but is more or less just allied with them and helping them achieve the same goals. As for her role in this plot I don’t know, I have 5 guesses
    1. She is going to assassinate a celestial dragon ( when zoro was going to attack saint Charlos in sabaody she was the one who intervened and seemed the most fearful of the celestial dragons. When luffy punched Charlos the other super novas treated it differently than her. Kidd and law showed amusement, bege seemed annoyed as he had to them leave the island, all the others seemed curious on what would happen and maybe invconvienced. Bonney was down right pissed off. Now at the time I put it down to common sense but now I think it might have been possible she had a run in with a celestrail dragon as a child and knows full right what they are capable of and this will be her chance st revenge.
    2. She is going to set off some sort of bomb and destroy the celestrials homes. Similar to 1 but just more broader she will plant several bombs and set them off dealing a massive amount of damage. Blowing up the homes of the celestial dragons will cause a large distraction and lead the guards away from the reverie to help the dragons.
    3. She is going to steal something valuable. Maybe the vault with the giant straw hat is located here or maybe there is some other treasure she is after.
    4. She is going to free the slaves. Bello Betty was shown to be at Kama kingdom but I still believe she will show up eventually as her powers would be useful in getting the slaves to revolt. Now this being said I think the slaves are split up into several fractions and are kept in different places. Betty will save the ones who are trapped under ground while Bonney will target the slaves that the celestial dragons personally use such as the transport slaves.
    5. I just thought of this one on the spot and originally had 4 guesses but I think this one could make a lot of sense. Bonney is going to save someone. We know kuma was a revolutionary who was the previous king of his country my guess as to why he joined dragon was because someone he loved was kidnapped by the dragons. In sabaoedy there was an incident where Charlos tried kidnapping a girl saying she will be his next wife and then ended up shooting her finance who tried to stop him. It could be a similar think happened where Bonney mother or sister could have been taken forcefully to be a wife and Bonney is going to save them or maybe back to my first guess is a member of her family a brother maybe intervened and was killed by the celestrial dragon and the murder of a Prince was covered up by the wg, or she has a mother who was spare but was made into a slave.
    Bonney fav line is that she will never forgive “ insert person “ whenever someone wrongs her directly or indirectly she says she will never forgive them. Maybe it’s the cd and the wg she can’t forgive and she is out for revenge.

Now I believe if it is a rescue mission them likely she believed that this person was dead for many years which is why she was a pirate and not a revolutionary from the start. But Sabo or someone else came to her with proof this person is alive which is why she joined up with them.

2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

As If Floridians Get Cold (cause it's so hot)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Where was it said Kuma was Bonney's father? But I do believe Bonney is there on a revolutionary mission.

3. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Page 7.
    It’s kind of weirdly worded ( maybe a translation issue )
    But following words are “ I can believe I almost ran into him like that, infiltration successful. I won’t forgive them never!” Then some words from saint rosward about how e mistreats kuma. Then Bonney “ never! How nice! But more importantly I’m going to die father”

Is the last part I think is worded weirdly but only 2 characters were talking here and I doubt roseward was saying he was going to die to his father.

Attached Files:

4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

As If Floridians Get Cold (cause it's so hot)
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think Rosewald was talking, notice the bubbles. Why would Bonney be shouting?

5. Deathbloke

one unlucky bastard
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It was never said that Kuma was Bonney's father, I don't know where you got this. Bonney surely is a citizen of his kingdom, but apart from that, we don't know anything else.
    As for the Revolutionary Army, I don't think she works with them, they both infiltrated Mary Geois for the same purpose, but I don't believe they cooperate on this. I assume they'll meet in the next 2 chapters unexpectedly.

Those words are said by Saint Charloss to Saint Roswald, his father. He liked the fact that Kuma was his dad's slave, and that's all.^^

6. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I think they were thought bubbles that continued on from the never bubble.
    Why would roseward be shouting “ I’m going to die here father”

7. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Ok tha makes more sense because the chapter itself for me didn’t really show that panel so all I could see is that bubble next to bonney.

But there are other arguments for this theory.
    Bonney was clearly crying, she was shocked at seeing huma and she as able to convince every she was the queen or queen mother.

Now she can turn into an old lady but that doesn’t mean she can pull off other people’s appearances and the guards might not know who the queen of such a kingdom actually looks like at some point the guards of some other area of this place would recognise her.they have to have know what people look like otherwise anyone could get on the lifts claiming to be a king or queen.

So 4 guesses. She is the queen of the kingdom who left a duplicate at home and she became a pirate named Bonney, she is the mother of kuma,
    she is the mother in law of kuma who married into royalty.
    She is kuma sister disguising as their mother or
    She is kuma daughter pretending to be her grandmother.

She can’t alter her appearence beside her own age but if she wa related to the queen mother she could age herself and because they look alike she can get away with it.

So she is either a old lady pretending to be young and is a mother to kuma
    She is a middle aged woman who is kuma sister or
    That is her normal appearance and she is kuma daughter.

Regardless she has to be related to kuma enough to cry over him and to pull off the queen mother appearance

8. gboxrkw

Expand Collapse

She can either be his wife or daughter as if we see Kuma is 47 years old & Bonney's is shown as estimated to be 24.
    so if this age is proper then she is his daughter & if the estimation is wrong and if she really is old then she can be his wife or even his mother.

9. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

There is another possibility and this whole her being connected to kuma thing is a diversion. It is possible her crew were captured. I mean before the time skip we see Blackbeard talking to a tied up Bonney who crew looked beaten and or dead. Next thing Akainu shows up and black beard flees and leaves Bonney. Next time we see Bonney she is alone and reading the news about luffy and law taking down doffy. Now she shows up again and is also alone. I’m just throwing this out there because it is a possibility but could a crew member be taken as a slave ? I can’t remember his name but the big guy who joined laws crew “ Joan “ or something ( I think he was named after a real life pirate anyway ) he was a pirate who was defeated but instead of going to impel down he was made into a slave.

So could the same have happened to her crew ? I don’t know I’m just throwing it out there it could be her being royalty is just something oda did to mess with people and make them over think things instead of picking the most simple answer

10. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

Bonney didn't work for the Revolutionaries, however I do think that she is somehow related to Kuma. The way she showed her sympathy towards the Former King "Gentle" Kuma. :(

James geraghty likes this.
  11. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

I don’t think she worked with them from he start just at this particular time since she showed up at the same time as them and is connected to kuma

12. Qweezy

Expand Collapse

#12 Qweezy, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Being a Pirate doesn't mean that she couldn't be working co-operative with the RA, you have Robin as example, at the end they are both against the WG. I don't know if he is really her father, I didn't read the official manga subtitles for this chapter but ofcourse they should be relatives or have connections to each other otherwise she won't take this risk. Still I don't think she is co-operating with the RA, the reason is that if she was, she won't need to make a bluff and take risks to get her inside the Celestial Dragons area while she could simply be with RA commanders underneath the ground watching and operating from this place. Still I do think that they will co-operate together, I mean the RA and Bonney, maybe other parties will also co-operate from those who are in the Reverie like the Fishmen, Vivi ..etc (It would be dope if Shanks would also co-operate tho, until this moment but if the next chapter revealed something to assist this I will make a theory here, but for now probably no Shanks) just the same way Luffy co-operated with other parties against the BM (damn this gave me an idea about a theory :O).
    But really great effort made in this theory.

13. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

i dunno why so many people already assumed she is kumas daughter. It was never said. Tho she cried after seeing kumas state. She may be a friend of kuma, or kuma is her former king. i just dont see kuma having a daughter. Hes so big jajajajaja

14. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Well first off King Neptune had kids with a wife who was about the same size as his hand so think about that.

Second. The daughter thing came from the manga where it was weirdly placed. When she is saying she will never forgive them there is a speech bubble from charlos talking to his father where he says the word father. The thing is he was off screen and the speech bubble was over Bonney so a lot of people me including figured she must have said it.

Either way they must be related. When Bonney turned into an old woman and pretended to be th queen mother the guards confirmed who she is and didn’t question it. So it’s very likely she is related to kuma in some way. She can’t change her appearance other than her age. So he fact she looked like the queen mother shows she is likely related to the queen because girls usually look a lot like their mothers and grandmothers or she actually is the queen mother who left that life behind to be a pirate. They could be friends but I think it makes more sense that they are related by blood

15. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

Since it was stated in the manga that the former King Kuma is a "Gentle", may be a lot of his people or citizens in his own kingdom like him that much and respecting him. And Bonney is one of those citizens.

No proof yet if she really is Kuma's daughter.

16. James geraghty

Expand Collapse

Yes but also considering how she was able to pull off the appearance of the queen mother it is safe to say they are related. The guards have to be very secured on who is coming and going so they likely had to know what the queen mother looked like even if it wasn’t the guards at the gate itself someone would have noticed. It could have been the guards at the check in or one of the other monarchs who would know who the queen mother was.

If Bonney could get away with looking like the queen mother than more than likely she is related to her and kuma as well

17. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I dont think so. He may be a gentle person but he wasnt called TYRANT KUMA for nothing. Maybe hes a TYRANT king. But outside of being a ruler, hes a gentle person.

18. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Duuuude they are not human. They are fishmen they are different. They mate differently. And am i the only one who never thought bonney said that? Its clear for me that it was charloss.who waa speaking there because he is dying. The chat bubble said i think father come here im dying.

19. BooSheyt

Expand Collapse

Might be. But he's being called the "TYRANT" because of the WG had given him that title. Of course Kuma knew how dirty the CD/WG are, and he's being oppressive ruler against the WG that's why they hated him that much.