1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Kaido defeated Lurking legend a former yonko?

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Captain_tatsumaki, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

This barely counts as a theory but back when Kaido was introduced the narrator said "he severally challenged the Navy and the Four Yonko singlehandedly".
    Meaning there was probably a Yonko who existed which Kaido took down to become a yonko. Could this guy be the lurking legend? Or the guy In the cell in chapter 924? Maybe all the above.
    Your thoughts?

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Badazz D Zoro

Expand Collapse

It is possible that roger was the other emperor when he was alive,since it was like 20 years ago.

3. Marco Polo

The Golden Jester
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I do think someone was in the Yonko position before Kaido. We know he’s lost a fair number of battles too, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s had multiple fights with all of them (WB, Shanks, Big Mom, maybe even Roger as @Badazz D Zoro suggests)

Interesting thought - maybe Kaido and Big Mom’s old captain was a Yonko and one (or both) of them overthrew him?

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  4. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

Can't wait to find out

5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It is implied that there were at least 2 more Yonko before Yonkos Kaido and Shanks.

Yonko system was "established" by the WG after Roger's era/the beginning of the Golden Age.

Seiryu and Captain_tatsumaki like this.
  6. Captain_tatsumaki

Expand Collapse

Judging from this 2 of those four Yonko were Whitebeard and Big Mom, The other 2 is up in the air

7. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes, Ace's Novel seems to imply that. It is mentioned there that Yonkos Newgate and Linlin were from the "Old Generation" and Yonkos Shanks and Kaido were from the "Newer Generation" if they are to be categorized.

8. Mo3MaR

Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ever since before Roger came from limelight of Piracy .. BM is already a pirate more than 60yrs , she also stated that she already founded totland before Roger came to steal her copy of Poneglyph.. Most pirates already knew about those indestructible stone before Roger successfully decipher it , as a matter of fact BM also furious when Roger also the first one to go to Raftel before her.. Seems like a Yonkou got an information about Raftel but couldn't go there cos they don't know how... That's why they are building their armies to claim those stones by theirselves..

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  9. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

I have a hard time thinking Oda would introduce a character unofficially if they did not play a major role in the series. I was just writing about this in that we are at a point where we need dramatically different reasons to explain why someone will not seek out revenge. Just defeating someone is no longer an option (per my bias). I don't like the idea of the Marines/CP0 taking away everyone to Impel Down either. So yes, it is possible for the lurking legend to still play a critical role in the series if Kaidou defeated them, but it all comes down to what role the legend plays in the series.

The Rocks/Locks seems like an obvious answer since even Big Mom and Kaidou were probably both in their pre-Yonkou parts of their lives. Just having the main WCI (and maybe a few surrounding islands) does not mean Big Mom was at a Yonkou level at the start of the presented timeline. Context implies the Rocks/Locks cannot have Yonkou level Big Mom/Kaidou since their current combined crews alone topples the Government.

Leaked info from unofficial databooks implies the legend is tied to how Luffy overcomes Kaidou. So for the main question, it's all over the place because Oda supposedly mentioned that the legend was supposed to come up soon/if not already (I don't pay attention to the indirect info from twitter/editors). But since it is now completely open-ended and could now refer to someone critical for the rest of the series, this side tangent on Yonkou/Rocks/Locks seems much more relevant.

Captain_tatsumaki likes this.
  10. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The lurking legend should've already been mentioned, if not introduced. Ever since I waited for Oda's JF yearly messages, he's yet to fail. From the "important character to be introduced" (Yonko Kaido) to the "Year of Sanji" (Introduction to Vinsmoke Family and Sanji's backstory).

11. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

So if that's the case, the legend should be the "ally" to help defeat Kaidou then. With the festival coming up, I would assume we get to the initial failure in a month or two (at least the start of the Onigashima infiltration). Luffy escaping should be part of a chapter only since Raizou is doing all the work. Someone that Kinemon knows has the blueprints. Even the supply ship infiltration should only be part of a chapter, so there isn't much more to cover.

Either way, some very big events should be happening relatively soon. Once all hell breaks loose, then the real action can start.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  12. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

My guesses for who the lurking legend is are Im, Admiral Ryokugyu or the fishbone prisoner. Not sure how the first one can be related to Yonko Whitebeard (mentioned that is related), but the last 2 can.

Or can be Marco, but he's not a hindrance, perhaps him being unable to help?

13. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Im and Ryokugyu (even Marco since he gave his word to protect Whitebeard's homeland) shouldn't be making an appearance in Wano Kuni. We discussed this in a conversation, so I'm not sure if you're posing questions for general discussion or forgot the kinda old conversations.

14. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Just assuming that what Oda means with the "introduce" can range from just a glimpse or a full introduction. That's why I thought they are possible candidates.