1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Kaido's Possible Weakness

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Badazz D Zoro, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Badazz D Zoro

Expand Collapse

#1 Badazz D Zoro, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    We all know that kaido is said to be the strongest creature on land,air and water.
    Based on what we know so far I'd like to make some weakness analysis.
    From chapter 923 early scans its easy to say luffy's gear 4 barrage didn't even make a dent on kaido and the fact that he is a mythical zoan means there is a special trait for him(for example marco has healing power aside from increased strength and agility)My guess is that kaido's special trait makes him very endurable ,gives him inhuman stamina and makes his outer skin even without haki , harder than advanced armament haki .So to cut it,one would require some serious blade skills .Kaido is the strongest creature on water despite having a devil fruit ,I simply don't know how but if that was an overstatement then sea water or that water stone (i think kairousuke) smoker has in his sword-stick thing could possibly be included as one.
    Possible Weaknesses:
    ->We've seen kaido drink and he got high which proves that his body inside acts in a normal way,so one of his weaknesses might be poison ,other devil fruit or some kind of tranquilizing liquid..etc
    ->Kaido cried on hearing Doflamingo's capture which implies that he is mentally sensitive.Also he is extremely reactive to someone hurting his ego or pride,as we saw him send two of his underlings flying away when they mentioned that he shouldn't take law and luffy lightly.So in battle strategic guys can use this and bait kaido like waving a red cloth infront of a raging bull.
    ->From the introduction of kaido it is clear that kaido is unkillable but not undefeatable,by exploiting any of the above weaknesses one can gain an edge on a battle with kaido.
    ->Also one final thing I think would be used against kaido is if law takes his heart out while he is busy battling they could literally own kaido(Although this seems too easy and would never happen ).
    ->Since Kaido's level of haki is not known it is not clear how much a haki master would fare against kaido.This is the reason i did'nt include any haki related exploits.
    P.S: The weaknesses I put are pure speculations,if you have any other ideas feel free to post them.

Judgement and Jahanzaib Akbar like this.
  2. Judgement

Onii-chan of OPF
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I hope your second option becomes part of the solution! I honestly have no idea how they're ever gonna defeat him otherwise...

3. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I think this actually sounds plausible. Not sure how things will go, but this one kinda makes sense to me. Kaido obviously has great endurance and physical strength, but hurting him with poison (or anything related) might be a different story, because it destroys from the inside. Just like how dragons are said to be tough on the outside, but hurt them from the inside and they'd go down (or at least weaken) . I doubt this would take Kaido down completely, it's probably gonna be a good way to help weaken him, even if it's just the slightest.

4. Johannes

"If I die trying at least I tried."
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Luffy will probably need the help of Natsu! :grin: :laughing:

5. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

1) Alcohol is a depressant; it doesn't make you "high".
    2) You're treating alcohol and poison (or any other kind of toxic substance) as having similar immediate effects on the body, which they don't. Tl;dr, poison can be countered if Kaido has certain antibodies (just like Luffy after surviving Magellan), while alcohol can't mostly because the body doesn't perceive it as anything harmful. Tranquilizers, on the other hand, are a whole other issue since its effects are much more complex. So let's leave that aside for now.

6. Badazz D Zoro

Expand Collapse

My point was that he was under the effect of alcohol ,which implies that his inner body functions are somewhat weak or vulnerable to certain options..By high i meant he was'nt himself and got sober and all.

7. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Of course, I was saying that it'd be plausible if there was no such thing as immunity to poison like Luffy. An overpowered character still needs to have at least one tiny weakness. Because obviously brute strength won't do anything to him. But if that's not the case then that's fine, I'm just going to fervently pray Oda would make this work.

And actually, no, alcohol is harmful to the body, it's an actual fact. The effects might not be the same as poison, but it's harmful nevertheless. What I'm trying to say is, since Kaido is always said to be tough like a dragon (well he's an actual dragon) so attacking him from the inside might have some effects? Since dragons are said to be not as tough on the inside. It's just a thought though. ✌

8. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

I was just correcting some technical parts, but points noted. However, hear me out. It's not that I see the "inside Kaido's body" weakness as an impossibility, but there are several angles to it that make it realistically improbable. First is alcohol, but we already know from the latest chapter that it doesn't really affect the outcome of a fight. Second is poison, but I already provided some real-world insight on that which, of course, is all in Oda's hands if he'll apply it to the story or not. Third, in general, is anything else that could be harmful to Kaido's body, which I have 2 main points:

1) The entire approach is bad

How exactly would anybody even attempt to make Kaido ingest anything without him resisting? If your answer is through the teamwork that many have been speculating to be used in the main fight against Kaido, or perhaps mostly through Law's DF abilities, then my counter-argument is that the whole approach is, subjectively, a bad narrative one for a guy who's labeled as the strongest creature. Imagine if the newspaper headlines say something ridiculous like "Yonko Kaido dies/defeated by being fed metal parts" (Kidd, wink wink). It would be unpalatable. Also, it's partially redundant to what the Luffy-Bege alliance attempted to Big Mom, which was straight-up poisoning. Then again, this approach is still definitely up to Oda. But despite doing so, Oda could also nullify it by applying my second point below.
    2) Kaido is part-animal
    If the above approach works and Kaido ends up ingesting something "harmful", Oda could just make it ineffective simply because of Kaido's non-fully-human anatomy. And it's just like other animals. A snake can't be poisoned by other snakes (of the same species), termites can eat wood, and most carnivores can survive eating raw meat. So whatever they feed Kaido, Oda could easily counter it with this.

9. Ebony Rustle

Expand Collapse

#9 Ebony Rustle, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    That's why I highlighted the words "immediate effects" in my comment. Yes, alcohol is harmful to the body, but not in the same way as poison as you mentioned.

Poison (or any lethally toxic substance) harms the body by directly damaging it like destroying the blood vessels or nerves. By doing so, the body is forced to recognize and counter it with antibodies if available. Alcohol, on the other hand, harms the body indirectly through its effects (which require a buildup) and are mostly long-term and physiological. That's why you can survive getting drunk, but becoming an alcoholic breaks you apart later on, literally and figuratively.

All in all, these are why I pointed out that alcohol and poison can't be treated the same way that I previously understood you both to be saying. To further clarify on that, refer to my reply to @Badazz D Zoro above.

10. Badazz D Zoro

Expand Collapse

#10 Badazz D Zoro, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    ->Your view on the approach may seem to make my approach appear bad mate but a similar thing happened with other yonkou so what I am considering as one of the weaknesses is not so superficial.One piece isn't the kind of anime that seems to abandon cliche anime events just because it happened earlier.
    ->Kaido is mythical zoan user but it is very clear that the effect of alcohol seems to persist in his full animal form(let alone part animal form).So the "oda would or oda might make him resist "arguments are broken then and there.We havent seen or heard about anything in the op world that suggests us that kaido's body is non human.He is just a mythical zoan user (according to the deatils we have till now).This suggests us that the effects of poison or tranquilizers might slow kaido down.Just because luffy is immune to poison doesn't mean every overpowered character should have that .