1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Johannes, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Deus Mortis

"Reaper of Souls"
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This is definitely one of the best animes of 2019, the storyline and artwork keep me watching. Oh and Tanjiros crow is hilarious.

Kia likes this.
  2. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Both of the birds are hilarious, really. I think they do a great job of interspersing comedic elements into the story in many areas. This is especially true later on with the two other hunters that tag along and their personality quirks. Watching blondie work through his cowardice/argue with his bird/get upset over Tanjiro hogging Nezuko is all funny. Or watching boar head’s sensitivity to his gap moe, watching the unintentional manipulation of him by Tanjiro, watching him get warm fuzzies. All so well done, IMO.

Deus Mortis likes this.
  3. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The scar on his forehead looks different now, compared to before. The pics are too big for me to post here, so I'll just leave the links, you can take a look. I'm a little confused as to why his scar changed, or did I miss something?

https://lostinanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Kimetsu-no-Yaiba-01-19.jpg (before)

https://animatebkk-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/4547366408195.jpg (after)

Lmao these conversations are hilarious XD

4. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure it happened during final selection when his mask got broken. But that’s just me and my recollections. Wasn’t that like episode 4 or 5? I haven’t gone back to check or anything.

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The mask broke indeed during the exam with one of the first hits of the big guy. Aftwards, we see him with bandages. So I presume that it is this action that led to the "change" of scar.

6. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I see. I think I've completely forgotten about it. But will the scar have any significance? Since I'm pretty sure they never told how he got the scar.

7. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

what I don't like is the massive explaining that it does. Every actionscene is cut into two. the initial batlle, the explenation, and the victory. This makes every battle so long, while it could be done in 1 episode.

8. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... I like the suspense of cutting the battle climaxes.
    I also enjoy knowing the story behind each demon because I think that it enriches the story. Otherwise they’re just random bad guys. This way, we’re learning more about them, Kibutsuji and Tanjiro. It makes Tanjiro’s ability to relate to and empathize with them that much better (after all, the whole “if only demons and humans could get along” thing) plus it highlights the cruelty of Kibutsuji and the way he warps/uses his followers. I think that’s critical to the point of them not being inherently evil, thus their souls being salvageable. *shrug*

9. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Expand Collapse

absolutly, i agree on this but maybe not in the crucial battle sequence.

10. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Man! It’s getting so good. I’m sure @Chaudfontaine is sick of the family stuff but I need Tanjiro (maybe with Nezuko’s help to kick that little snot’s butt and befriend the sister. We haven’t see her kill anyone and she’s been abused just like the mom. I mean, all she did was cry and run away as dad stepped in. She’s probably getting punished for not fighting. Yes, I teared up as Inosuke’s flashbacks happened when he was on the verge of death. The only bad thing about him getting saved is that they likely can’t collect the blood sample since he’s turning to dust now and this guy doesn’t have the special needles/vials (pretty sure Inosuke doesn’t either because that was just a Tanjiro thing). Glad that my boy hung in there until help arrived. Hopefully she can actually do something for him. I was not expecting Tanjiro’ blade to break even though Inosuke’s did earlier. So now we’re going to see them get out of this situation. I fully expected Inosuke was being led into a trap though. I mean, spider based oni—hello?!

11. Deus Mortis

"Reaper of Souls"
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I've gotta catch up on this one too. Fell behind 2 episodes. Otherwise I'm loving this.

12. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

So @GoldenVenus, it looks like the scar was initially a birthmark that he and his father shared? As for the rest of the episode, holy shitsnacks, it makes sense that the father wasn’t a member of the twelve because of the eye thing but I knew as soon as Nezuko went silent that something serious was on and popping in terms of a power breakthrough. I didn’t know how it would manifest though. I loved this episode. I mean, clearly he needed to use the sword as more than a blunt instrument. And I get that being emotional can distract you so I appreciate the realistic nature of the portrayals that he was unable to keep calm and see past his feelings to use his water attacks for a while during the fight. That he not only used his highest form but then went further to switch to his family’s secret weapon, as it were, was testament to his dedication to save and faith in Nezuko.

13. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I haven't caught up with the latest three episodes, cos I'm trying to save more episodes so I can binge XD. But anyway, I'm really excited to see more about his father! Pretty sure the one in Muzan's flashback is Tanjirou's father right?

14. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Someone in his family/ancestry for sure but I dunno that it’s his father, necessarily. In fact, I’d say for sure that it wasn’t the father based on what happened at final selection with the fox masks and the demon with the super thick neck. He’d killed/collected 50 masks since being out there. That’s one student a year I thought. He had to have been made by Muzan like everyone else. Tanjiro’s dad likely isn’t/wasn’t that old... to have been able to fight Muzan when Muzan was a youth. That’d have to have been a seriously long time ago. At least that’s my interpretation of it. *shrug*