1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

KINGSGUARD Chapter 47: Skivar and Apollo

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Marco Polo, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#1 Marco Polo, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    The Ragley death countdown continues... No Ragley in this chapter, though. It's BACKSTORY TIME once again, and some big, big players are getting major screentime. Are you ready?

KINGSGUARD

Chapter 47: Skivar and Apollo

September 2234, Early Morning. Peace Village. Apollo Marks (age 5) is eating breakfast with his father, Skivar.

“Apollo… Don’t eat so fast, okay? You’ll choke.” Skivar said, smiling gently.

“But it’s tasty.” Apollo replied, his face stuffed with breakfast. After wolfing down the whole plate of food, he let out a satisfied sigh.

“I’m full. Can I go play on the beach now?” Apollo asked.

Skivar sighed. “I do wish you’d slow down, son.”

As Apollo put his plate in the dishwasher, the doorbell rang. Skivar walked over to answer the door. When he opened it, he was surprised to see a famous face greeting him.

“Oh! Aren’t you... Dream?” Skivar asked.

Dream nodded. “The one and only. Sorry I’m late. There’s no fried chicken shops ‘round here. Had to get some delivered.”

“Late? I wasn’t…”

“Skivar Marks. I have a business proposition for you. Do you mind if I come in?”

Skivar hesitated for a moment. “I… I guess not. Come in.”

Dream, tailed by his assistant Anthropos, entered the Marks’ house, and sat at the dining table where father and son had just eaten breakfast. As Dream and Skivar talked, Apollo watched curiously from the kitchen.

“Now, Mr. Marks. I understand that you’re a leading researcher in the field of cybernetics?” Dream asked.

“I, uhh… I guess you could say that. There’s a lot of us out there, you know.”

Dream laughed. “My, my. How modest. All the researchers in the Dreamcorp labs recommended you to me. You’re something of a visionary, it seems. Anyway. Enough of that. I’m working on a little project, and I was hoping you could head my research team. It’ll pay well, and we’ll source any equipment, materials and personnel that you may need.”

“That sounds too good to be true.” Skivar replied, sceptical. “And you still haven’t told me what exactly you’re doing…”

“We’re researching cyborg development. A field I hear you’re very interested in.” Dream answered, knowing this would pique his target’s interest.

“Cyborgs? You mean humans with robot parts, right? Because if you’re talking about humanoid robots, those are androids… It’s an important distinction.” Skivar replied, still not opening up to Dream.

Dream laughed. “You think I’d come all the way out here to make this deal without doing my reading? I’m no expert, but even I know the difference.”

Skivar shuffled uncomfortably in his seat. “Well… I’m not really looking for new work right now. I’m pretty happy where I am. Besides, my son is happy living here. I don’t want to unsettle him by moving.” Skivar looked into the kitchen, where Apollo was peering out from behind the door, listening to the conversation. As Dream continued to try and broker a deal, Anthropos smiled and waved at the young boy, who became shy upon interaction with a stranger.

“Our research lab is situated only 45 minutes from Seven Hills, and there’s good schools out there. I’m sure the little one would get used to living out there pretty quickly. Kids adapt fast, you know.” Dream replied.

“Umm... I’m sorry. But I’m not interested. I’m sure there’d be lots of other really talented guys you could hire, though.” Skivar answered assertively.

Dream sighed. “Very well. It’s your choice, after all. I can’t force you. Have a nice day, and enjoy the sun. Let’s go, Anthropos.”

Dream and Anthropos stood up and headed for the door. After they left, Apollo walked out of the kitchen.

“Sorry about that, son. Let’s go to the beach now, okay?”

The boys then got ready for the beach, and headed outside. Skivar immediately felt the sun on his face.

“Oh man, it’s hot today… We should probably have put on sunscreen,” he commented, before rummaging around in his bag for a bottle of sunscreen. Apollo watched his father as he fiddled around with his bag.

“Ah. Found… it.”

As Skivar looked up, he saw that they had been surrounded by a group of bodyguards dressed in black. Before either father or son could scream or protest, they were hauled off and thrown into the back of a van.

*​

Later that evening. Dreamcorp Research HQ.

Skivar awoke to find himself tied to a chair. Dream stood in front of him, ready to give a presentation.

“Ah, Dr. Marks. So glad you accepted our offer to join us. Now that you’re here, let me explain our little project to you. And before you ask, don’t worry about the boy. He’s here on the facility. Anthropos is preparing him a meal.”

“Where the hell am I? What is all this?” Skivar asked anxiously.

“This, my friend, is the Dreamcorp Headquarters. And the “what”, well… Let me explain my little project to you. In recent years, research on artificial intelligence has had major breakthroughs. If you go into any retailer, factory, or even hospital, you’re likely to see at least one or two robot employees. They’re much more efficient in terms of cost and workrate, and fill gaps in employment in workforces that suffer from a lack of staff. We here at Dreamcorp have been on the front lines of that research. However, I’m sure you’ve heard about the bot attacks that started happening roughly two years ago. For some reason, the AI have turned against the very people they were meant to serve. What we’re here to do, is protect the public from this new security threat. By combining AI research, human medical research and cybernetics, we’re looking to create an elite taskforce that will serve to protect the citizens of this country from AI attacks. Our task force will consist of highly-skilled, cybernetically enhanced humans that will have the strength to protect Hiraeth from any threat, mechanical or otherwise. I present to you, the Twelve Olympians.”

On the final slides of his presentation, Dream showed early design work for his projects, explaining the quirks of each of their designs to Skivar.

“Now, we explain how you fit in, Skivar. You are to be the head of research, design and testing for this project. Of course, we’ll be compensating you in the form of a seven-figure salary and all the tools you’ll need. Now that you know what you’re working towards, do you have any questions?”

“One. What happens if I refuse to work for you?” Skivar protested.

“Well. Let’s just say that the little one in the other room won’t be starting school this January.” Dream replied ominously.

Skivar gritted his teeth. He had well and truly been pushed into a corner. “… You’re scum.”

“You’re doing a noble thing, Skivar. Your work will lead to the salvation of this country.” Dream replied, turning off the presentation. Instructing one of the guards in the room to untie him, he headed for the door.

“Our first tests are going to be on the Apollo project. We’ve procured a few subjects for experimentation. You start tomorrow, 9am. Good luck.”

*​

December 2234. Dreamcorp Research HQ – Infirmary.

“Project Apollo. Test subject 38. Subject is a male child, aged seven. After passing the initial screening, the first phase of cybernetic enhancements were made. Results: Metabolic rate accelerated to 150 times normal. Blood pressure increased to 350 over 120, causing complete rupturing of major arteries. Major tendons hardened to a point of complete immobility. Subject… passed away within five minutes of waking up from anaesthesia. Conclusions: Once again, the prospect of using a child for this project is both ethically and biologically insane.”

After finishing his writeup, Skivar slumped on his desk, his head in his hands. He couldn’t take this any more. Why did he have to do this? He’d been responsible for the deaths of thirty-eight children in the past three months alone. No matter how much he begged Dream to stop this line of testing, Dream refused each time. It had to be done his way. Was it even worth being alive at this point? The amount of blood on his hands suggested that a trip straight to hell may be the best trip he could ask for right about now. As he continued to despair, his son tugged at his jacket sleeve.

“Dad... What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Apollo. It’s just… Work is really hard right now.”

“Oh. Well, you’re really smart, Dad. I’m sure you’ll get it.”

Were things not so tragic, Skivar might have laughed. Instead, all he could do was sigh and offer a half-baked smile. “Thanks, son.”

Apollo then pulled something out of his pocket. “I drew this picture for you today. Wanna see it?”

“… Sure, go ahead.” Desperate to get his mind elsewhere, Skivar let his son sit on his lap and explain his drawing.

“I saw this superhero cartoon on TV this morning… The God Hunters. There were some really cool fighters in it. I drew myself like one of those heroes. I’m wearing a cape, because cool heroes wear capes. And I have this really big sword that fires out laser beams. I’m super fast and strong, just like the fighters on TV. And I can beat all the baddies because I’m a hero.” Throughout his explanation, Apollo’s eyes lit up. Seeing his son’s enthusiasm forced a smile out of Skivar.

“That’s really cool, son. I bet you’d make a great hero.” Skivar replied.

“… I don’t like fighting people, though. It’s not nice.” Apollo answered, scrunching his face.

“So you don’t think you’d ever be a fighter?” Skivar asked.

Apollo shook his head. “Nuh uh. But if I had to save you or my friends at home, I would fight. Just like the heroes on TV.”

Hearing such a level-headed answer from his young son filled Skivar with a sense of pride. Taking the drawing from his son, he pinned it to the noticeboard above his desk.

“Thank you, Apollo. I’ll take good care of this picture.”

Apollo gave his father a hug before hopping off his lap. “I hope you can finish your work soon so we can go back home. There’s no beach here. I want to swim.”

Skivar put on a brave face as he answered his son. “I hope so, too.”

*​

The Next Day. Skivar and Dream are having a meeting. Anthropos pours the men some tea.

“Still no luck, huh.” Dream moaned. “Disappointing.”

“I think it’s time to give up on this messed up project. We should stick to androids. Or at least use adult test subjects. There’d be a higher survival rate.” Skivar replied, desperate to end this project.

“Skivar. For this project to achieve its vision, everything has to follow this design. Child subjects have much more potential for learning and skill building, key aspects of both the Apollo and Artemis projects.”

“Then why aren’t we training the children before the enhancement process? Surely that would give them an increased chance of success?”

“If we teach them and it fails, we’ve wasted time and resources. It’s inefficient.” Dream replied.

“Well, you either need to find some kind of mutant child, or abandon hopes of this twisted project right now.”

Dream then reached for a set of files on his desk. “I’m glad you bring up mutant children, actually. Because, as it turns out, there’s been one under our noses this whole time. I’ve done a little research on you, Skivar. And as it turns out, that child of yours comes from a rather extraordinary mother. Leto de Polaris, I believe they called her?”

Skivar stood up and made a beeline for Dream. “If you’re about to suggest that I use my own son as a test subject, then I…”

Dream signalled at Skivar to calm down. “Whoah, whoah. Let’s just look at this. Surely your late wife told you about her family history?”

“Well, yes…”

“And you would agree that their bloodline have an unnaturally strong constitution?”

“Leto was always very sickly… But her sister and father were both incredibly strong.”

“And do you not think that trait would have passed down to your son?”

“Well, he hasn’t been sick yet… But he’s been vaccinated.”

“Skivar. I think it’s fate that your boy is here with us. Even to his given name, he’s a perfect fit. Now, I understand you may have some reservations, but because he’s your kin, I won’t put a time limit on you. And more importantly, there won’t be any more failed experiments. Run the preliminary tests on him, and see how things go.”

“I refuse to turn my son into a weapon.”

“Well, I’ll put it this way. If you refuse, I’ll have the boy killed. And I’m sure that’s equally as bad as your worst-case scenario.”

Skivar sunk back into his chair, cursing his misfortune. “… Fine. But if you interfere in a way that’s harmful to Apollo, then I’ll end my association with you at any cost.”

“… That’s acceptable. He’s your son, after all. You only have one son, after all.”

“And one more thing. After this, no more cyborgs. I’m not putting any more lives at risk.”

“If this works, we might not need any more. A boy with super soldier blood and cybernetics… He may just be the strongest soldier this country will ever see.” Dream answered.

*​

A few days later. Apollo has just been taken in for testing. The results are coming through. Dream watches along with Skivar.

“He’s… Perfect.” Skivar said, awestruck. “These results are what I’d expect out of an enhanced child much older than him. Both physically and mentally… These scores are almost off the charts.”

Dream put his hand on Skivar’s shoulder. “See? What did I tell ya. The boy’s on board as well. Says if it’s to help dad out, he’s game. Looks like this project’ll take off after all.”

“Dream.” Skivar said firmly. “I told you we’d be doing this at my pace, didn’t I? That means no enhancements will be made for a long time. He doesn’t need any growth boosting based on these results, and we haven’t even started work on the late-stage parts yet. Right now, all he needs is education.”

Dream nodded. “Your wish is my command, Doc.”

*​

July 2236. Apollo, now aged 7, is undergoing his combat training, fighting against a fully-grown adult. Dream, Anthropos and Skivar watch on.

“… Ha ha ha. Incredible. I make that 36 seconds. That’s all he needed to deliver the knockout blow.” Dream commented. “Boy. I really need to hire stronger security guards.”

Apollo walked over to the trio observing him. “Hey, Dad. I beat that guy in less than a minute, just like I said. Does this mean I don’t have to do my math homework?”

Skivar shook his head and sighed. “A promise is a promise, I guess.”

Apollo then looked at Dream. “Am I done for the day?”

Dream shrugged. “I guess so, kid.”

“Cool.” Apollo then ran off to his room to watch cartoons.

“I must say, Young Master. That child is most impressive. In just over a year and a half, he’s mastered four martial arts, three forms of swordplay, archery and has physical strength most adults would be envious of. Furthermore, his academic potential is comparable to yours, Skivar. He’s truly a once-in-a-lifetime talent.” Anthropos commented.

“Even I’m surprised. I haven’t seen someone this skilled in a long time.” Dream said, seemingly remembering someone from his past. “This boy… Might just be the one to change the tide of this war.”

“… Speaking of that, I’ve been meaning to talk to the two of you.” Skivar interjected. “I’ve done some digging into these bot attacks, and I found something interesting.”

Dream and Anthropos remained silent.

“Of all the recorded attacks, the bot serial numbers have been written down. All of them belong to Dreamcorp. And more than that, in the AI research labs… Broken bot parts are being delivered there within a week of an attack happening. Were you planning to tell me about this?”

Silence.

“Just what the hell are you two trying to do? Shouldn’t you be focusing on fixing the bots you’ve already made, instead of this Twelve project?”

Silence.

“Hah. Just as I thought. There was no way you were really aiming to save Hiraeth. In other words, that presentation of yours was a sham to try and get me on board. Not that it worked, anyway.”

More silence.

“I just have one question. What are you trying to achieve by attempting to wipe the people of Hiraeth off the map?”

Breaking his silence, Dream answered Skivar. “Doctor. There are some things that even you can’t understand.”

*​

October 2236. Skivar’s Lab. Apollo enters.

“What did you want to see me for, dad?”

Skivar had a big grin on his face. “I have a surprise for you. Cover your eyes.”

Apollo obediently covered his eyes. Skivar then walked over to his store cupboard and pulled two things out. Walking over to Apollo, he wrapped a large piece of cloth around him.

“Son. Put your hands out.”

Apollo put his hands out. Skivar placed a large sword in his hands.

“Okay. Open your eyes.”

Apollo opened his eyes, and they immediately lit up.

“… Wow! Look at this sword! It’s so cool! And this cape… It’s just like…”

“I did my best to make it just like the picture. When you next do outdoor training, I’ll explain how the sword works. But a quick hint: it shoots lasers.”

Apollo put the sword on his back. Because he was still small and it was a sword made for adults, it dragged against the ground as he walked over to give his father a hug.

“This is really cool… Thanks, dad.”

*​

August 2239. Skivar heads to the Indoor Training room to watch Apollo’s afternoon training session. However, his son isn’t there. He is instead greeted by Anthropos.

“Anthropos. Where’s Apollo?” Skivar asked.

“Ah. Dr. Marks. Young Master Dream has sent Young Master Apollo out on a field mission. He believes the best next step for his development would be real life practice.”

Skivar began to panic. “Don’t tell me he’s sent my son out to…”

“Do not fret. He hasn’t been sent along with one of the bot attacks. He’s on a search-and-destroy mission with the mercenary division..”

“And that’s supposed to be better?!”

“The individual he’s targeting has been caught selling Dreamcorp resources to members of the underground. But fear not. Young Master Apollo is far stronger than his target. His life is in no danger.” Anthropos replied.

“That’s not why I’m… He’s ten. To send him out to kill people is…”

“Any complaints must be directed to Young Master Dream. I have no say in these particular affairs.” Anthropos replied.

Before Skivar could protest, the mercenary division re-entered the building, back from their mission. However, the only member that had come back was Apollo, wearing his signature cape, his sword on his back. Skivar ran over to his son, pulling him into an embrace.

“Apollo… Are you okay?”

“Dad, I’m sorry… I failed the mission. When the others killed the target… His wife and daughter started screaming, so our men tried to kill them. Before they could, I…” Apollo cut himself off. “I stopped them.”

Skivar hugged his son tightly. “It’s not your fault, son. It’s not your fault.”

“Dad. I don’t like this, even if it’s to help you. That lady and the little girl… They were so scared when we came. I don’t want to be the bad guy. I want to go home.”

As Skivar tried to calm his son, he felt tears pour down from his eyes. He cursed his own weakness, and his own fear that had led to the situation they were currently in. He didn’t want this to happen again at any cost.

*​

June 2nd, 2254. 6:45pm. Somewhere on the road to Dreamcorp HQ.

“Hey, brother… Can we stop here for a moment?” Marko asked, pointing to a highway stop-off.

“Hmm? Need a piss?” Junior asked, pulling into the stop-off. Marko got out of the car without a word, and began to look around.

“You okay?” Junior asked.

“This place… Is the last place I saw dad.” Marko answered.

*​

August 2239. The early morning after the search-and-destroy mission. The sun is beginning to rise as Apollo wakes up. He finds himself in a car with his father.

“… Where are we?” Apollo asked.

“Oh, good. You’re awake, son.” Skivar said.

“Dad? What’s going on?”

“We’re getting you out of that place.” Skivar replied. As Apollo looked by his feet, he saw a travel bag, and his sword was in the back of the car. As he looked back, he saw a long trail of cars following them. They were about a kilometre or so behind, but they were closing that distance.

“We’re being chased.” Apollo said.

“I know.” Skivar replied. He looked around for any potential turns. “But there’s not much we can do about that.” As he continued to look around, he saw a highway stop-off in the distance. Skivar sped up as they drew closer. When they were within a few hundred metres, Skivar opened his window and threw something out. A giant smokescreen was created as they pulled into the stop off. Skivar stopped the car at the side of the road. Grabbing Apollo’s sword from the back, he then opened the door and instructed his son to get out.

“Apollo… We don’t have much time before they catch up. So go. Hide.”

“But Dad… What about you?”

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. Just run and hide, okay?”

“Dad…”

“Apollo. Listen to me. I know you’re smart, so I won’t lie to you. I might not be able to come with you right now. But I promise you that I’ll protect you for as long as I can… Even if I can’t be with you. Do you trust me?”

Apollo, tears in his eyes, nodded.

“Good. Now run! I’ll see you soon, son. And never forget… That I love you, okay?”

As Skivar drove off, he watched Apollo run into an area of trees nearby. As he drove off, the cars followed him in hot pursuit.

*​

August 2239. Sunset, the day Skivar freed Apollo from Dreamcorp. Apollo is sitting in the carpark of the stop-off his father left him in, crying.

“Dad… What do I do now?” Apollo thought to himself. “I have no idea where we are… And I can’t get myself home. I’m scared…”

As Apollo sat, trying to work out his situation, a car pulled into the carpark. A young woman walked into a convenience store, and came out with a handful of snacks. Just before she got back in to continue her journey, she saw the young boy out of the corner of her eye. Walking over to him, she went to find out what was happening.

“Hey, kid. What are you doing here? This ain’t a place for a kid to be by themselves.”

Apollo wiped his eyes. “I… I don’t know.”

The woman scratched her head. “You don’t know? How’d you get here?”

“My dad… Left me here.”

The woman, feeling sorry for the young Apollo, sat next to him. “Want some chocolate?”

Apollo’s stomach growled. “… No. I’m fine.”

The woman sighed. “I can hear yer tummy. Eat somethin’, kid. I can go in and buy some more.”

Apollo took a piece of chocolate, followed by another, and another. Eventually, he ate the whole bag.

“Heh. Hungry one, aintcha?”

“Hey, lady… Where am I? I need to get back to Peace Village…”

“Peace Village?! That’s about six hours from here. I don’t think you’ll be able to walk home, kid.”

Apollo looked crestfallen. “Oh… okay.”

“… But, you can take a ride with me back to the Capital. Some of the people at my work can help you get a train back home.”

“…My dad told me not to get in cars with grownups that offer me sweets.” Apollo replied.

The woman laughed. “Ha ha ha! You’re funny kid. And I’m not that old myself. I’m only 19.”

Apollo didn’t laugh back. Sensing the tension, the woman stood up.

“Well, my offer still stands. You coming with me?”

“I don’t even know your name.” Apollo replied.

“Ah, yeah. My name’s Rin. What’s yours, kid?” Rin asked.

“Apollo.”

“Well, Apollo. It’s getting late, and I can’t leave you here alone. Let’s get outta here, okay? Promise I won’t do anything funny.”

Apollo, thankful for Rin, stood up, picking up his bag and sword. “Okay. Let’s go.”

Rin was a little shocked. “That sword yours, kid? Looks pretty fancy for a toy.”

“It’s mine. My dad made it for me. And… It’s not a toy,” he replied.

“Well then. I guess I should be the one being careful then. You might kill me and steal all my stuff! Ha ha ha!” Rin joked.

Apollo, not saying a word, put his things in the back of Rin’s car, and then climbed into the front passenger seat. “Let’s go.”

“Huh… Not much of a talker, are ya. Oh well.” Rin then got back in the car, and the pair drove off.

“Say kid… About that sword. You said it’s not a toy. You a fighter, then?” Rin asked.

“… Kind of. I don’t know, really.” Apollo replied.

“Huh. Interesting. I’m a sort of fighter myself.” Rin replied. “Don’t quite know what I’m fighting for, though.”

“You… Fight?” Apollo asked.

“Kinda. I’m in this little thing called the Kingsguard. It’s a place full of really strong soldiers.” Rin answered.

“The Kingsguard, huh… I’ve heard about them.” Apollo replied.

As the pair drove off into the night, they began to talk to each other more and more. As the journey continued, they began to form a bond of sorts. When the journey ended, it was too late to take a train home, so Apollo stayed in the spare room of Rin’s apartment. Just before he went to bed, he spoke to Rin, who was watching cartoons and sitting on the sofa.

“Rin… Thank you for rescuing me.” Apollo said, smiling.

*​

June 2nd, 2254. 7:18pm. Outside Dreamcorp HQ. Skivar Junior and Marko walk up to a side door of the building, covered by the darkness. Both brothers are wearing black capes to reduce visibililty, and both have swords strapped to their backs. Attached to their belts were an assortment of grenades and a pair of pistols.

“Is this your first stealth mission?” Junior asked.

Marko shook his head. “No. I’ve done one before… A long time ago.”

“Ah yeah. That’s right. The day before Father freed you from this place. Are you nervous?”

“… Kinda. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Dad, after all.” Marko answered.

“Well. Looks like we’re about to find out.” Junior joked. Kicking the door open, he signalled for Marko to follow, and the pair began their mission.

END

Behnam, Deathbloke, Kia and 3 others like this.
  2. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Or "recommended you to me"? I guess it works either way. Sort of.
    A fucking what
    WELL IT CERTAINLY IS YOUR FIRST """STEALTH"""" MISSION

3. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

I had to Google this term because I didn't know the word for it, but basically those stops on the motorway where you can refill your car, go pee, buy snacks etc

Don't worry, Junior's an expert... I think?

4. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

And the shadiness of Dream is thoroughly confirmed along with Papa Skivar’s good heart. The bittersweetness of seeing him with Rin—ahh. Also, can we talk about the adorableness of little Apollo with his drawings? The origins of his love for his cape and everything? So cutesy.
    A rest stop is what we usually call them over here but I knew to what you were referring. But I mean a stop-off got the point across to me. Maybe it’s just a weirdness of English thing?

Pffft he’s super stealthy... like a bull in a china shop—the sneakiest of sneakers tee hee. Actually they’re both carrying grenades, no mention of blades or suppressors for their pistols. Methinks their idea of stealth is: upload_2019-1-10_10-33-47.jpeg ^_^

Thanks for another wonderful chapter. Looking forward to more.

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

If Dream and Skivar were on the same page with this project, they probably would have achieved something really frightening by now...

Cap'n Marko still loves capes - notice that he's wearing one for this mission

They've both got swords strapped to their backs. We know what Marko's sword can do, I wonder what Skivar's is like.

6. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

We don’t think about things like that—it’s super kowai! Think happy thoughts, Peter. So you can fly! Oh wait, wrong story... I’m pretty sure I’m not Tinkerbell either. Disregard. ^_^

And that’s how Grinnington got him to test the experimental one without a fuss earlier. ^_^

I wonder indeed. Should be fun to find out! Just saying that the swords are moot if they go crashing in and use those grenades/guns. But I don’t care. They can do whatever. I’m sure it’ll be exciting to watch/read and that’s the point, really. Wow, I totally just had a Gladiator moment.
    upload_2019-1-10_11-12-36.gif
    ^_^

Marco Polo likes this.
  7. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 48 is titled "Kicking the Door Down"

It's written, I haven't decided on a release date yet though

8. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-1-10_15-40-8.gif

9. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

those shoutsouts :eek: nice
    [​IMG]

10. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Haha. I almost used that last one but I thought the cape love was too cute to deny. ^_^

11. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

@Behnam WHEN GODDO HUNTA

chaudfontaine has been banned

12. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think this is the cheesiest chapter so far. Looking forward to the raid.

13. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

father son love is maximum cheese

heck yeah

14. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Haha nice easter egg

Or not

Overall great chapter, I believe now we know most of Apollo/Marko's life (what should I call him now), the blanks are filled, now for...

THE STEALTH MISSION!

Marco Polo likes this.
  15. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Love, all in all, is one heck of a cheesy thing. That's why almost everyone likes cheese.

16. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

i just want the next GODDO HUNTA @Behnam pls

I’ll be calling him Marko still

I bet Dream is lactose intolerant

Behnam likes this.
  17. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He loves dairy products (especially when mixed with chicken, as a dip or dressing) and, of course, he loves milking cash.

18. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

PROOF READ YOUR WORK DUMBASS

19. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Well how was he supposed to know about the other son if Skivar didn’t know? I mean did he know everything? Or are you upset about using “after all” twice in a row like that? *blink, blink*

20. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

It's the "after all, after all" thing, poor writing form on my part. Gomenasorry