1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

KINGSGUARD Chapter 51: The Final Night of Peace

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Marco Polo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

ACT TWO BEGINS

KINGSGUARD

Chapter 51: The Final Night of Peace

March 13th, 2256. 5:35pm. Peace Village – Beach. Chirch (18) and Rose (20) are sparring on the beach. Rio, Zeke and Wahamu watch over them.

After swiftly evading one of Rose’s kicks, Chirch landed on all fours in the sand. Quickly springing up, she threw a flying punch at her training partner. Rose glided out of the way, almost as if she’d been swept off her feet by a gust of wind. Regaining her footing, Chirch quickly turned to launch another attack. However, Rose caught her by surprise, coming in with an aggressive offensive of her own.

“Cha Cha Slide”

With rhythmic precision, Rose fired a combo of shots with a fluidity that made them seem almost rehearsed. Chirch managed to dodge the first three shots comfortably; first by tilting her head to the left, then backwards, and then eventually hopping back to escape Rose’s reach. Rose, however, anticipated this, and immediately closed Chirch down, sweeping Chirch’s legs with her right foot and kicking her in the stomach with her left, sending the young soldier flying down the beach. As Chirch slowly picked herself up, she praised her partner.

“Real smooth, Rose.”

Rose laughed. “The spar’s not over yet.” She then turned to the spectators sitting in the beach chairs. “Daddy, how much time left?”

Rio checked his stopwatch. “5 minutes, 30 seconds. Keep going!”

Rose nodded, and then lunged straight in for Chirch. As they continued to exchange blows, Rio marvelled at the girls’ growth.

“They’ve truly come a long way these past few years, haven’t they?”

Wahamu grinned. “Heh heh. Yeah. They really have brought the best out of each other, ey?”

“I wonder what he’d say, if he could see them now.” Rio pondered.

“Hmph. Knowing that runt, he’d say something like “your movements are too predictable”, or some shit like that.” Zeke grumbled.

“Ha ha! You’re probably right, you know. They’re incredible now. Shiira’s almost as good as I was in my prime now, and the same goes for Chirch. In a few years’ time, they’ll both be Elites for sure. Even so, I can’t help but wonder…”

“What they would have been like if the runt had been training them these past three years?” Zeke interjected.

Rio nodded. There was a look of regret in his eyes.

“Rio. I’m sure they don’t think of it like that at all.” Wahamu answered. “And I know Apollo didn’t, either. He trained the two of them together so that they eventually wouldn’t need him. Could they have been stronger? Yes. But they also might not have become this strong if they weren’t on their own.”

“I guess you’re right, Jacobi.” Rio replied.

“Anyway… I taught Diana a few tricks of my own. And look, I think she’s about ta use one.” Zeke interjected, pointing at the girls.

Rose continued her aggressive assault on Chirch, who barely had room to breathe. As she struggled to keep up with Rose’s dance-like offense, she quickly thought of a way out.

“Teleport.”

Chirch disappeared from view, much to Rose’s shock. As Rose tried to work out where Chirch had gotten to, she heard a voice from above her.

“I have a few new moves of my own too, you know.”

Chirch connected with a powerful kick to Rose’s face, sending her sliding across the sand. Zeke cheered from the sidelines.

“That’s it! As expected from a Chirch! Ha ha ha!”

“Zeke… I never thought you’d be the kind to share one of your secret techniques so easily. Getting a soft spot for the girl, are we?” Rio teased.

“Hmph. Well… She’s certainly stong enough to handle the strain of a technique like teleport. And besides… I’m the only family she’s got left. We might not be that close, but if I can do somethin’ to help protect her, then… I’m sure my bro’d be happy about that.”

“Why not join the Kingsguard, then?” Wahamu asked.

“You gotta be fuckin’ kiddin’ me.” Zeke replied. “That place is a mess right now. Shouldn’t you be fixin’ that, Mr. Owl King’s Advisor?”

Rio paused for a moment. “… There’s not much I can do. The bot attacks dried up after the tournament… Haven’t had once since. The public are still protesting, saying we should be shut down. Funding’s been slashed, and hundreds of soldiers have been laid off. No need for an army when there’s no war, right?”

“Right.” Zeke replied. “You can only respond so many times to those wackjobs with their conspiracy theories, after all.”

Rio chuckled. “Yeah. You’re right about that.”

Their conversation was cut off by a beeping timer.

“Girls! Spar’s over!”

Chirch and Rose stopped sparring. After bowing to each other, they headed over to sit down. Wahamu handed them each a bottle of water.

“I don’t have much to say to you, hey.” Wahamu said, a grin on his face. “Well done on finishing your training camp here.”

“Thank you, Mr Wahamu.” Rose replied, before taking a sip of water. Chirch had tipped half the bottle over her head to cool herself down.

“Man… I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the heat here.” Chirch said, cleaning off her sweat with a towel.

“You could probably do with a haircut.” Rose replied. “All that hair isn’t helping.”

“Ugh… I want to grow it out, though.” Chirch protested.

“It’ll get in your way in battle.” Rose replied.

“Huh… I’ll just tie it up, then!” Chirch answered, adamant that her flowing locks would remain unchopped.

“Ha ha ha! It looks like you’re both in good spirits.” Rio laughed.

“… I guess. Not that we’ve had much to worry about.” Rose answered.

“I suppose you’re right. Oh well! At least you’ll both be ready in case something happens! Ha ha!” Rio replied.

*​

March 14th, 2256. 5:45am. Peace Village – Marko’s old house. Chirch has woken up to find Rose standing on the upper floor balcony, looking at the beach view.

“You’re up early.” Chirch said as she opened the sliding doors.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Rose answered, “So I thought I’d come and watch the sunrise one last time before we go.”

“Huh. I guess we’re alike like that. I could barely sleep myself.” Chirch replied. Joining her friend, she leant against the balcony railings. “This place is really something…”

Rose nodded. “Yeah. It’s picture perfect here, every morning…” Rose tailed off with her last words, deep in thought.

“What’s on your mind?” Chirch asked.

“Oh, nothing, really.” Rose answered. “It’s just… There’s a lot of memories attached to this place for me. Both good and bad.”

“I know what you mean.” Chirch replied. “We’ve come here so many times over the years for training. And… We’ve had some really tough battles here.”

“I can still remember that first training session we had with Captain Marko.”

“The grocery cart?”

Rose laughed. “Yes. I didn’t understand it at all then… But I’m glad we went through that.”

“I wonder how Shino’s doing… We didn’t get to see her this time. She’s really busy these days…” Chirch commented.

“Yeah. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see her. But, I’m sure she’s doing well.” Rose replied.

As the girls continued to take in the scenery, a street cleaner shouted up to them.

“Well, if it isn’t Chirch and Rose! Fancy seeing you up this early!”

“Oh, Mr. Winter! How are you?” Chirch shouted back, waving frantically.

“I’m keepin’ well. You’re leavin’ today, aintcha?” Winter asked.

“Yeah. Our train leaves just after breakfast.” Chirch answered.

“Well, it’s a shame to see ya go, as always. When are ya comin’ next?”

“This summer, we hope.” Rose replied.

“Good. My kids’ll be back then, and they’d love to meetcha! One of them works at the Academy and all!” Winter replied, grinning. “Anyway… You two be careful out there. There’s a cold wind comin’ today…”

Chirch and Rose both nodded. “Thanks, Mr. Win!”

*​

12:35pm. Yumiel’s Bar. Chirch, Rose, Eve, XO and Tsubaki are having lunch together.

“So… How were things while we were gone?” Rose asked.

“Same as usual, really.” Eve answered. “Quiet. Uneventful.”

“Did you see that protester on the news today?” XO asked. “Crazy guy.”

“No… But I guess he’s the same as all the others.” Rose replied.

“Look. His segment’s on the TV now.” XO said, pointing to the TV.

“Marcus Oh here, reporting live from Adamine Central. I have here with me Mr. Adam Miral, the head of the Kingsguard Resistance Group. They’ve been in vocal protest here today. Mr. Miral, what is the purpose of this protest today?”

Miral grabbed the microphone from the reporter. Looking directly into the camera, he began his rant.

“It’s been 3 years since the last public bot attack and the Kingsguard is still being funded, even though they’re doing nothing! They staged this entire war! The Owl King and Dream have been in cahoots this whole time, to steal our tax money! Yeah! It’s all STAGED, I tell ya! Captain Marko’s probably been paid off. He’s alive, living out his life in a big, taxpayer funded mansion on some happy island, laughing at our stupidity! It’s STAGED! STAGED! STAGED!”

The reporter, somewhat unsure how to respond to the man’s rants, tried his best. “So… Are you protesting to have the Kingsguard shut down? What if there’s another threat?”

“There ain’t no other threats, man! It was all STAGED! The Owl King is nothing but a young crook! They’re scarin’ us into thinking an attack could happen at any moment, when there ain’t nothin’ goin’ on! The war was STAGED! STAGED! The Kingsguard are all paid actors!”

“Mr. Miral. May I remind you that over the twenty years of war, it cost the state trillions of chips to repair the damages? Staging a war would result in a massive net financial loss.”

Miral paused. “… Uhh… That… Yeah! Those numbers are FAKE! Those are FAKE NUMBERS! It’s all been STAGED! You media bigwigs are just being paid off by the Owl King and Dreamcorp to cover things up! We in the Kingsguard Resistance Group know the truth! It was all STAGED!”

“… Thank you, Mr. Miral. Now, on to sports with Mia Pachi.”

As the news moved on, the group got back to talking.

“… Really? I thought the conspiracy theorists were all shut down already.” Rose commented.

“You know what those people are like. They always find a way.” Eve replied.

“… Huh. If that keeps them happy, I guess.” Rose replied. “What do you think, Chirch?”

Chirch looked up from her plate. “… Huh? About what?”

“About that guy on the news just now.”

“Umm… Like, if he’s cute?”

“No. About what he’s saying.”

“Oh, umm… It’s fine, I guess?”

Rose sighed. “You weren’t listening at all, were you.”

Chirch laughed awkwardly. “Heh heh. Guess not. Sorry.”

Tsubaki laughed. “You’re always like that when you eat, huh?”

Chirch, mouth full of food, shrugged. “Mm. Maybe.”

“I guess this life isn’t what you were expecting when you finally joined the Kingsguard, Tsubaki.” Rose added.

“Yeah. I thought I’d be in battle and stuff every day. But at the moment, it kind of feels like I’m retired. Even though I haven’t worked yet.” Tsubaki answered. “But I’m not complaining. If it’s quiet for us, that means the people aren’t in danger.”

“But it also means we could be laid off at any time.” Eve replied solemnly.

“I guess you’re right…” Tsubaki replied.

“Hey, hey. Lighten up, guys. It’s not like we’ve had no work for three years.” XO replied, trying to lighten the mood.

“Says the doctor, who still gets a regular influx of patients.” Eve replied.

“Come on! The security detail work you guys are doing still pays… And it’s way lower risk.” XO protested.

“I guess we don’t feel the difference as much in the infirmary,” Tsubaki added, “But no fighting certainly makes our job easier.”

“Besides, you’re at no risk of getting laid off, Eve… A little birdy told me that Commander Cosmos was considering you for a promotion.” XO continued.

“Nothing’s confirmed yet.” Eve replied, trying to calm the excited looks that Rose and Tsubaki were giving her. “But, since Commander Grinnington went on leave, they need a temporary head of engineering. Commander Cosmos is doing it for now, but I’ve heard she wants out of the Kingsguard. Wants to go back to teaching, so she’s looking for a replacement. Grinnington put in a good word for me and Judge before he left, apparently.”

“Huh, who’d have thought Grinnington would ever have anything nice to say.” XO joked.

“So, does that mean Amanda’s part-time promotion is becoming permanent, then?” Rose asked.

Eve nodded. “Yeah. I think so.”

“Hmm… I think the Elite position suits her, actually.” Rose commented. “She’s a natural leader.”

“What about you, Rose? You and Chirch gunning for the Elite soldier spots?” XO asked.

Chirch, still gorging herself on food, ignored the question entirely, much to Rose’s irritation.

“I don’t know about her, but… I’m not after that position.” Rose replied, trying her best to ignore the stack of plates in front of her training partner. “Besides, Commander Kyros, Commander Moss and Commander Bauer have those positions on lock. Nobody’s looking to dethrone them.”

“What about Yamamoto?” Eve asked. “She’s always walking ‘round like she has something to prove.”

Rose shrugged. “Dunno. I don’t think Kyros would ever consider her for that position, though. She’s not responsible enough.”

“Huh, I see.” Eve replied. “What about Zak? I bet he’s trying to move up the ranks.”

“Oh, Zak… I don’t know what he’s up to, really.” Rose replied.

“You suuure?” XO said teasingly.

“Oh yeah… You two were talking for a long time last time we went out.” Eve added, fuelling the fire of romance.

“I caught him staring at you as well.” Tsubaki continued, taking a metaphorical petrol can and sending the flames into overdrive.

“We’re really not like that!” Rose replied, her cheeks burning. “Besides, he’s not my type… I like guys who are more-”

Before Rose could finish her protestations, the group’s conversation was cut off by the sound of an alarm they hadn’t heard for a long time.

Tsubaki, new to the noise, questioned its purpose. “Is that…”

Chirch, who had just finished eating, wiped her mouth and stood up.

“The attack we’ve all been waiting for. Let’s go.”

END

2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nice! KG is back!

For some reasons, I'm reading the "STAGED!" as "RIGGED!". :tearsofjoy:

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  3. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

It's still sort of on hiatus because I'm currently in the middle of a 9-day work week, and then I'm working six days next week, so no writing time. Luckily, I've got a week off soon so I'll try get 52 and 53 done then.

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  4. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#4 Deathbloke, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I'm going to read this now, I've been waiting for it for so long (ok, it wasn't long but it seemed long, thanks @Marco Polo )

Maaaaaaaaaan, it looks like KG is in disarray. As always, my prediction that Bauer and Moss are elites came true, but I wasn't expecting Amanda. I always love chapters after timeskips, but the question is, what happened to Deva, Dr. Seiko and especially, RAYLEIGH? Grinnington is on leave, huh.
    All this hype can't be repressed for 2 weeks :o

That was a great chapter in terms of building KG from scratch, can't wait to see more into 2256!

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ragley is preparing for his death on KG99.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Pacquiao8

Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

7. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m glad that they’re back though I couldn’t help but wonder when Rose turned into DJ Casper... I laughed so hard when I read that move name. Thanks for another lovely chapter. ^_^

Marco Polo and miss_SMP like this.
  8. miss_SMP

Symmetry is Beauty
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wohoo!!! Yayy. It's here!!!

So fun seeing them again. Great job on jump starting Act 2. We're on familiar grounds in terms of story, but I feel more are coming for Act 2 plot. :)

Me too. Lols. I LOL'ed so hard here (by that, I meant said LOL quite vigorously in my head, not aloud coz its like 2AM here) hahaha. Is this the musical side of Rose???! :D

Who doesn't love a good conspiracy theory tho?

PS. Wonder what's Grinnington (possibly with Hope now) up to. @v@

Marco Polo and Kia like this.
  9. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

I’ve watched too much JoJo dag nabbit

Deva - probably fine
    Seiko - also probably fine
    Ragley - fired for indecent exposure with Soo Young

Yeah I don’t want to jump into everything from the word go, so I thought I’d start with something familiar. There’s a lot of catching up to do

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  10. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

:ragewhy:
    The war was staged, I tell ya

11. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

aw yisssss we back!
    good description chap!

Marco Polo likes this.
  12. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

Writing Chapter 52 now!

Lots of character debuts...

Deathbloke and Kia like this.
  13. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

HYPUUUUUUUUUU
    CURE MY DEPRESSION, GOTTO

Marco Polo likes this.
  14. Marco Polo

boy with luv
    Expand Collapse

Here's the Chapter 52 preview:

Deathbloke likes this.
  15. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for mindfucking me, bro

16. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That is actually pretty good, I just noticed it was in 52

17. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

The song didn’t play for me because of a country access issue but I knew it as soon as I read it and it gave me a bloody ear worm. I’m thankful that I couldn’t even read the title when he posted the preview! If I’d known it was old music, I’d hopefully have gotten the Ragley reference. Don’t know if it’d be worth the ear worm twice though. ^_^