1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

KINGSGUARD Chapter 55: And the Next Elite Is...

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Marco Polo, Mar 17, 2019 at 1:08 PM.

1. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#1 Marco Polo, Mar 17, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 10:25 PM
    BATTLE CHAPTER THAT'S NOT REALLY A BATTLE CHAPTER INCOMING

"But why is it not a battle chapter? They're battlin'... And it's in the chapter. What's goin' on, Marco?"

... I'll explain later. Just read the chapter, okay?

KINGSGUARD

Chapter 55: And The New Elite Is..

March 15th, 2256. 2:58pm. Elite Squad Car. Moss is briefing the election candidates.

“Now. None of you have been on Elite duty before, so I guess it’s up to me to explain it to you. I’ve only done it once, though… And that was yesterday. But then, when we fought Vulcan, Captain Marko put me in charge of everyone else while he chopped down Vulcan. I don’t think that counts, though. Does it? I…”

Rayleigh cleared his throat. “You were about to explain something, Moss?”

“O-oh! Sorry! Thanks, Raygleigh… Anyway. Basically, being an Elite soldier is all about using your judgement. We’re positioning ourselves at a vantage point where we can see the whole battlefield. If you think something’s about to get messy, jump in. If a support request comes in, it’s up to us to decide whether we can handle it ourselves, or if additional support from other divisions is needed.”

“So… We’re basically a bunch of one-man wrecking crews.” Niklaus added, focused on Moss’ every word.

“Heh heh… Something like that.” Moss replied. “So it’s important that you guys are all in top shape all the time, because we never know who could be coming around the corner.”

“Huh. I’m pretty confident in my strength, but this job is terrifying.” Pragma commented. “Most of the time it’s fine, but if something like yesterday’s battle happens…”

Swann laughed. “Seriously, kid? Quit bein’ such a pussy. You just gotta do what needs to be done.”

Moss, suddenly on edge after the mention of the Ares incident, joined in with Pragma’s ruminations. “I know what you mean… It’s really terrifying. Even when Zak and I fought Hera, I thought I was going to throw up the whole time!”

“Encouraging words from our leader.” Rayleigh joked.

“L-L-Leader?! ” Moss shrieked. “Ah, I suppose I am… After all…”

Swann scoffed. “You young ‘uns. Happy to take the titles, but when it comes to the real stuff, you’ve got no substance to back all that bravado up.”

Niklaus, irked by Swann’s words, stood up and towered over his co-worker. “Big talk from someone who was on gardening leave while we all fought the big battles.”

Swann stood up, squaring up to his younger counterpart. “You testin’ me, boy? I may not have been around for a while, but I’ve been fighting since you were still a foetus. And I sure as hell ain’t scared o’ some hunk of metal.”

“Baseless overconfidence will get you killed.” Niklaus replied.

“So will shittin’ your pants every time somethin’ stronger shows up.” Swann spat back.

“There’s a difference between acknowledging your opponent and running away.” Niklaus retorted.

“What’s there to acknowledge about some hunk o’ junk? If ya can’t crush it to smithereens, you ain’t nothin’ but a weakling. That’s all there is to it.”

Niklaus, incensed at Swann’s disrespect towards the Kingsguard, raised a fist. Before he could throw a punch, Moss grabbed his arm and stopped him. The usually timid commander suddenly exuded a power more befitting of a man of his stature.

“Zak. Not now.”

“Commander, he…”

“Listen, you two. Settle this later. We’ve got a battle to focus on.”

Niklaus, remembering where he was, sat down. Swann followed suit, laughing to himself as he did.

“Ha ha ha. Looks like you’ve finally grown a backbone, Moss.”

Moss turned to Swann, his tone of voice calm despite the anger that was stirring within him. “Eustace. Pick another fight and I’ll place you on indefinite leave.”

Swann raised his hands up in surrender. “Fine, fine. Like you say… We’ve got a battle ahead of us.”

The argument quick to cool, the rest of the journey passed in complete silence. Once the group arrived at the battlefield, they filed out of the van quickly and quietly. Niklaus, who was the second-to-last person to exit the van, turned to the person behind him.

“I suppose this is Round 3, Shiira. May the best soldier win.”

Rose, who had been silent the entire journey, snapped back to attention with Niklaus’ words. “… Hmm? Oh, yeah. Sure.”

“It’s not like you to daydream. Is something up?” Niklaus asked.

“… Nah. It’s okay. Let’s go, Zak.”

*​

3:15pm. Adamine. The Elites are watching over the battle from a vantage point in the centre of the battlefield.

“… There’s an awful lot of standing around involved, huh.” Pragma commented.

“Right now, yeah. But when things start… It gets pretty hectic.” Moss replied. “If being on the ground is like running a marathon, being on the Elite is like running dozens of 100-metre sprints one after the other.”

“Well, I’m sure Speedy over there will be just fine, then.” Swann joked, gesturing towards Niklaus.

“My role hasn’t changed much, though.” Rayleigh added, his mechanical eye looking down the barrel of his gun. “If anything, I can pick my shots even better from up here.”

“It’s not common for a sniper to be on the Elite guard, apparently.” Moss said, remembering the conversations he’d had with Kyros and Bauer. “I guess we’d still need an extra close-range fighter if you were picked, actually.”

As the Elite candidates continued to keep their eye on the battle, Moss walked over to Rose, who was standing at the opposite end of the roof.

“Umm… Rose? How are you finding things?” Moss asked, partially reverting to his usual self.

“So… This is the view that my father saw in most battles… Captain Marko, too. And now it’s my turn… I just hope I can live up to them.” Rose answered, her eyes still glued forwards.

“Well. Both of them knew you’d get here sooner or later. And I think you’re ready for it.” Moss replied, hoping to instill confidence in Rose. “Come to think of it… We’re actually from pretty similar backgrounds, aren’t we?” Moss added. “Our fathers served on the Elite together, and their fathers were Kingsguard soldiers too. It’s a lot of pressure, huh…”

“… Yeah. You’re right about that.” Rose replied.

“But… I’ve been thinking about it. It’s good to want to live up to their expectations of us, but we create a lot of pressure for ourselves trying to emulate them. And that pressure can really weigh you down. So… From now on, I want to keep the past in the past. They’re legends of the Kingsguard, but they’re in the past. We can only focus on the battles in front of us, and forge our own path, carrying their wills with us… Or something like that.”

Rose turned to Moss. “… You’re not usually this talkative, Commander.”

“Heh heh… I guess I just realised the responsibility I have now. Just like Kyros, Bauer and Marko, and just like our fathers… I have to lead. But I want to do it my way. And that means believing in myself more.” Moss answered.

“By the way… Did you ever consider Chirch for promotion?” Rose asked. “At her very best, she’s a lot stronger than I am, even now… And this role suits her skills.”

“To be honest, I thought about it… I still remember watching her quarter-final match in the tournament all those years ago, and seeing her in the battle with Vulcan. And when I think about those moments and how much she must have grown in three years, I think it’s possible she’s the strongest out of all of us. But… I feel like she’s carrying a lot of emotional weight. More than any kid should have to. Putting her in this situation just adds to that weight. It’s not fair.” Moss answered. “I hope you don’t take that too personally, though.”

“… No. I agree with you.” Rose replied. “And, I think she would have liked to hear some of the stuff you’ve just told me. After all… The blood relative she’s succeeding isn’t someone most of us can ever hope to surpass.”

Moss, seemingly thinking about a distant memory, responded quietly. “… Yeah.”

As the conversation faded, a request for support came through the Elites’ headsets.

“This is Lieutenant Isabelle Song, requesting backup on 9th Boulevard.”

“On it.” Swann replied immediately, rushing towards 9th.

*​

3:16pm. 9th Boulevard. Song has just called for backup.

“… Do you really think we need backup?” Onato asked, fighting off a rogue bot.

“These things are pretty durable, and we’re missing our Division Commander. It’s better to play things safe, don’t you think?” Bell replied.

“… I didn’t think you were someone who cared about safety.” Onato retorted.

“I’ve already lost one arm. I don’t need to lose another.”

As the pair continued to fend off the rogues, Onato began to analyse the battle situation in his mind.

“We’re here with Division 4. Chirch is leading us in Rose’s absence, and she’s fighting with Fourth and Hercules, who are leading their division. Even though rogue attacks are barely 1-star threats most of the time, these ones seem to be a lot stronger. Even our three leaders are taking a little extra time to cut these bots down. I think we can deal with it, but… I guess an extra hand wouldn’t hurt. I’d guess either Rose or Captain Corrinspike will come down, since we’re their divisions, but who knows… Someone else might come here to try and win our votes.”

As Onato’s train of thought reached its final station, a voice came through his headset.

“It’s Swann. I’m here to back you up.”

Onato watched as Swann leapt down from a nearby building and effortlessly sliced through a row of bots standing directly in their way. As the Elite candidate landed, he turned to a surprised Onato and Bell.

“I heard your call, Song. What do you need me to do?” Swann asked.

“Help manage the flow here. Thanks for your assistance.” Bell replied.

“Roger.”

With alarming ease, Swann began to mow through all the bots within his radius, causing several soldiers to get distracted and watch on in awe.

“Soldiers. Focus on your battle.” Swann instructed firmly.

“Roger!” came the shout from the Kingsguard masses. As Swann continued his path of slaughter, three spectators watched on.

“… Show off.” Hercules mumbled quietly.

“Did you say something?” Fourth asked, turning to his partner in crime.

“N-no! I… I was just thinking. Even Chirch has been having a little trouble in battle today, and Captain Swann is just treating these things like they’re nothing…” Hercules answered.

“Chirch. Was he always this strong?” Fourth asked.

“… Dunno. I haven’t worked with him much.” Chirch replied. “But if he was this strong to begin with, he should have been put straight on to the Elite.”

“… Hmm. You’re right there.” Fourth added. “Seeing him fight, this election is pretty much decided.”

“He’s strong, sure. But Rose is stronger.” Chirch replied. “Besides, I don’t think strength alone is enough.”

“… I see what you mean.” Hercules suddenly interjected. “He might be powerful, but… To me, he doesn’t have the soul of a leader.”

Fourth laughed. “The hell’s that supposed to mean, Hercules? Is that a line from an anime you watched or something?”

“N-no…” Hercules replied, blushing. “It’s not. That’s just what I think of him, okay?”

“Hmm. I wonder if anyone else knows more about this Swann guy, then.” Fourth added, his inner detective awakened.

“We can ask around after the battle.” Chirch replied, reminding her allies where they were.

*​

3:20pm. 8th Boulevard. Yamamoto and Ookami are in the midst of battle.

“You seem angry today, Shishio.” Ookami commented, as he watched his partner angrily kicking the body of an already defeated bot across the street.

“It’s bullshit, Yuu.” Shishio grumbled. “I’ve been here, working my butt off to get stronger, and that dunce Moss chooses a bunch of kids and a deserter as the candidates for the next Elite.”

“He picked Ren as well.” Ookami added. “Ren’s worthy, isn’t he?”

“That idiot didn’t even show up to battle today. Something about a headache. It’s pathetic. You think the war’s gonna stop just cause you need a sick day?”

“It’s not like Ren to take a sick day at all.” Ookami replied, thinking carefully. “Something’s up.”

Yamamoto continued to hot-headedly desecrate the corpses of the fallen rogue bots littering the street.

“Who are you gonna vote for?” Ookami asked.

“… To be honest, I don’t wanna vote for any of them.” Yamamoto replied. “It should be me there.”

Ookami sighed. “I guess you don’t have to vote if you don’t want to, then.”

“What about you, Yuu?”

“Hmm… Right now, I’d probably pick Swann. He’s the most experienced and the most mature out of the group. And looking at what’s going on across the street, he’s still got it.”

Yamamoto paused to think for a moment. “Now I think about it... My dad used to talk about a guy named Swann. Apparently, he’s the real deal. Strong, hard-working, dependable. A complete soldier.”

“So, will you vote for him? If he’s got ex-Captain Yamamoto’s approval, he’s gotta be something, right?” Ookami asked.

Yamamoto scoffed. “If my old man’s the one acknowledging him… He’s my last choice.”

*​

3:31pm. The Elite’s Vantage Point.

“Damn… Swann’s really tearin’ it up down there, huh?” Rayleigh commented, his eyes concentrated on the view from his viewfinder.

“It’s impressive.” Moss replied. “I didn’t realise he could dominate a battlefield like this.”

“… Yeah. It’s weird, huh.”

“The other three aren’t getting on badly, either.” Moss added.

“Speaking of the others… Rose is in a pretty tough spot right now. You might need to get down there and help her, Moss.”

*​

3:31pm. 6th Boulevard. Rose is supporting one of the machina division’s squads, but has found herself in a bit of a predicament.

“Where the hell have these things come from?!” Rose thought to herself, as half a dozen five-metre class bots surrounded her. “This is meant to be a rogue attack… What’s going on?”

Acting decisively, Rose attempted to radio one of the machina division. “Guys… If one of you has a moment, I could really use some backup…”

No response. It seemed the machina division were otherwise occupied.

“Well… Looks like I’m alone for this one, then.” Rose sighed.

As the five-metre classes began to converge on her, intent to kill, Rose leapt into the air. Her course of action decided, she charged her attack.

“Stun Blade.”

As she reached the apex of her jump, Rose discharged a large jolt of electricity at the five-metre classes, immobilising them momentarily. Halfway through her descent back to the ground, she quickly airstepped through the forest of bots, unleashing a series of quick, powerful sword swings that targeted all of the bots’ vital areas.

“Mambo.”

With perfect timing, the bots were freed to move again once Rose had finished her attack. All six of Rose’s opponents fell to their knees, their joint wirings severed. Rose landed, and turned to assess the damages.

“Damn. And I was hoping I’d take out at least one or two with that.” Rose muttered under her breath. Disappointed, but not disheartened, Rose readied her next attack. With the bot’s mobility reduced, she didn’t see the need to stun them again, and this time went straight in for the kill.

“Mambo!”

As Rose danced through the sea of enemies, she evaded their wide, heavy attacks, even managing to slice through a few wrist joints. Once she finished her attack sequence, she turned to assess the damages. Whilst the bots hadn’t been fully downed yet, they were sitting ducks for the kill – their arms and legs were no longer functional, meaning they posed no attacking threat and weren’t about to run away from Rose. Finally ready to take down her formidable prey, Rose prepared her final attack sequence. However, just as she was poised to take them down, she saw one of the bot’s heads fly off. Shocked, she could only watch as all her kills were taken from her. Frustrated, Rose shouted out to the enemy’s mystery assailant.

“You know… You could have come when these things were actually fighting, instead of stealing my kills.”

The bots’ assailant tutted. “Rose, Rose, Rose. Kill count chasing isn’t very noble of you, now is it? Be grateful for my help.”

Rose gritted her teeth and held her tongue.

The bots’ assailant then reported to Moss. “Swann here. I dealt with that call for five-metre classes that Burr sent out. Killed all six of ‘em. Returning to the vantage point now.”

As Swann nodded towards Rose, he headed back to the Elite’s resting point, but not before Rose could shoot him the dirtiest of looks. As Swann flew off, Rose decided it would be best for her to follow suit. She’d have to wait for the next call before she could take out her anger.

*​
    4:30pm. Adamine Central. The battle is reaching its conclusion.

Moss listened closely to the reports coming through his headset.

“… Great. Thank you, Amanda. I’ll make the announcement now.”

Switching the channel on his headset to address the entire Kingsguard, Moss took a deep breath before pressing the button. Rayleigh offered a few words of encouragement.

“Bring ‘em the good news, Commander.”

Moss nodded.

“Kingsguard. After receiving reports from all major areas on the battlefield... I can confirm that we have attained victory.”

Loud cheers echoed through the streets of Adamine.

“Fall back to your squad cars. Anyone needing medical attention, the medical tent will remain open until all wounds have been treated. Excellent work, soldiers.”

As the joy of victory could be heard, the Elite Candidates all returned to their vantage point.

“Good work out there, everyone.” Moss said, congratulating his charges. “You’ve all showcased your abilities well today.”

“I hope so… Let’s see how the vote goes.” Pragma replied.

As the Elite waited for the soldiers down below to clear ground, they noticed large factions heading towards their vantage point.

“Does this usually happen?” Niklaus asked.

“I don’t think so.” Moss replied.

As a group of soldiers surrounded the Elites’ location. Raising their weapons, they saluted one soldier standing on the roof.

“Thank you for your support, Captain Swann!”

The soldiers all bowed towards Swann.

“Thank you, Swann!” came the chant. The soldiers then began to chant Swann’s name, much to his embarrassment.

“Well… Looks like there’s a favourite in this race.” Pragma joked.

*​

5:18pm. Kingsguard Facility HQ. The battle has concluded with a resounding victory for the Kingsguard. The election votes are being counted by Moss, and the Elite Candidates are waiting nervously.

“Right… Let me just run this through my calculator again…”

The group waited, hearts in mouths, as Moss, wearing a pair of glasses, double checked his calculations.

“Okay. The results are in. In 5th place… Pragma Corrinspike, with 6% of the vote.”

Pragma sighed. “Not this time, then.”

“Tied for 3rd, we have Shiira Em Rose and Zak Niklaus, with 10% of the vote each.”

Niklaus nodded, accepting the result. Rose remained still, seemingly deep in thought.

“In second place, with 14% of the vote… We have Ragnar Rayleigh.”

Rayleigh laughed. “This wasn’t much of a contest at all, huh.”

“Which means the winner, and the next Elite is…. Eustace Swann, who won the rest of the vote!”

Swann grinned, and shook the hands of his competitors, and then Moss. “Great contest, fellas. Better luck next time, maybe?”

As the failed candidates filed out of the office, Moss began Swann’s induction into the Elite.

*​

6:00pm. Rose’s Apartment. Chirch and Rose are having a beer together while they wait for their dinner to cook.

“Too bad about the elections, Rose.” Chirch said, trying to console her friend. “Next time, maybe.”

Rose shook her head. “It’s fine. It was always going to be tough.”

“Something’s bothering you, Rose. I can tell.”

Rose hesitated for a moment, before taking a sip from her beer. “… It’s Swann. In the battle today, I was about to finish off a few five-metre classes… But he came out of nowhere and finished them off before I could.”

“And?” Chirch replied.

“There was something weird about the whole sequence. Rogue attacks usually only involve the smaller bots. And those five-metre classes… It was like they targeted me. The machina pilots I was working with were busy, but somehow Burr managed to put in a call to Swann at just the right time that he arrived to deal the finishing blow. And I’m pretty sure I heard him take full credit for the kills.” Rose said, recalling the events of battle.

“It’s a bit of a dick move, sure… But maybe you’re reading too much into things?” Chirch replied. “It could just be coincidence.”

“Hmm… Maybe.” Rose replied, still mulling things over. “It’s just all too…”

Before Rose could finish her thought, there was a knock at her door.

“I’ll get it.” Chirch announced, standing up to get the door. As she opened the door, she was surprised at the people standing on the other side.

“Oh… It’s you guys.”

*​

6:48pm. Judge and Eve’s Lab. The pair are returning from the cafeteria.

“Come on, Jackson… You’ll eat pineapple on pizza, but sweetcorn is too much for you? You gotta be joking, man.”

“… It’s a waste of a topping.”

“And pineapple isn’t?”

“It adds sweetness.”

“If I wanted something sweet, I’d order a dessert.”

As Judge attempted to unlock the door to the lab, he noticed the door was already unlocked. Confused, he turned to Eve.

“Hey, Jackson… I’m pretty sure I locked the door on the way out, right?”

Eve thought for a moment. “Yeah… I’m pretty sure I watched you lock it.”

“… Huh.”

Judge and Eve walked in to the lab, treading carefully.

“Everything looks fine so far… You check the supply cupboards, I’ll check the desks.”

As Eve headed back to do an inventory, Judge checked over the workbenches. Everything seemed in place, until Judge reached his own desk. He noticed a set of blueprints he’d been working on had gone missing. Turning his desk upside down to try and find them, he swore loudly when he couldn’t find them. Quickly running over to Eve’s desk, he checked her blueprint pile. Again, one major blueprint was missing from her files.

“Jackson, this is bad… Those blueprints are gone.”

Eve ran out from the inventory cupboard. “Not only that… The spare parts from the Vulcan mission are gone, too.”

“Fuck, fuck, fuck! Is this some kind of joke?” Judge shouted, his usual cool demeanour shifting to one of panic.

“I don’t think this is a prank. The stuff that’s missing is off-limits to the other engineers… Most of them wouldn’t even dare to touch it.” Eve replied.

“Which means…”

As Judge and Eve reached the unfortunate conclusion of their line of thinking, a silhouette approached the door.

“Curses… Looks like I was too late.” Said the silhouette. Judge and Eve, immediately recognising the voice, turned to face it.

“Grinnington?!”

Grinnington stepped out of the shadows and into the lab. Wearing a flashy, patterned pink suit with a white shirt and pink tie, and sporting an equally pink quiff, he had undergone a flashy transformation during his absence.

“What are you doing back, now of all times?” Judge asked.

“Well… I was hoping to prevent the little robbery that’s just happened. But unfortunately, the thieves have beaten me here. I’ve sent Hope out to scout the building to see if they’re still on site. I’m not expecting much, though.” Grinnington explained.

“… How did you know this would happen?” Eve asked.

“Ho ho ho… If this dashing new look of mine wasn’t evidence enough, I’ve been on quite the adventure these past six months, Jackson.” Grinnington replied. “I’ll tell you all about it in a little while. But for now, there’s something the two of you need to know.”

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this…” Judge mumbled.

“I’m surprised you haven’t heard anything about it, Judge.” Grinnington replied, managing not to use a condescending tone for the first time in his life. “After all, it involves people you’re very familiar with.”

Judge felt himself breaking out in a cold sweat. “Of all times… I suppose it’d make sense for them to move now.”

“Umm… Could you guys stop talking in code, please?” Eve asked. “What’s going on?”

Grinnington turned to Eve, his expression solemn.

“Right now, the Kingsguard is under attack.”

END

Kia, 4thBlade, miss_SMP and 2 others like this.
  2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Oh no! It's STAGED!

Marco Polo likes this.
  3. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Why would he do that? That was a dick move, no doubt. Not a very likeable character, is he?

That was a very interesting chapter, especially the last two sequences.

84% goes on Deathbloke? Damn, the writer must really love me lol

So Swann wins, I have to say that was expected, although after reading halfway through the chapter, I wasn't entirely sure, my vote would be on Rose if Swann hadn't stolen those kills. (ks reported after game)

That was most intriguing. Could Swann stage everything, even the whole battle? Is he a member of the Underworld and infiltrating KG? Or a follower of Dream's? Or nothing at all and this was just coincidence? We have to wait to find out...

So the Underworld is attacking Kingsguard? And Grinnington is back?!! In a pink suit!

Marco Polo likes this.
  4. 4thBlade

Inner weeb > Responsibilities
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

“Hmm. I wonder if anyone else knows more about this Swann guy, then.” Fourth added, his inner detective awakened.

this caught me. Haha very nice.

On a side note, Moss’ character has had such great character development. He’s really fit to be a leader.

Marco Polo likes this.
  5. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

hentai exist in KG. interessting.
    this line is overused. + it's never coincidence in a story Chirch, it's ALL RIGGED
    OW YISSS
    ENGINEERING SIDE QUEST

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

Get your tinfoil hats out, boys.

That really depends what you like in a character. He's very no-nonsense, and he's apparently quite strong. And considering the Kingsguard's recent losses, firepower is very much appreciated I think. I wonder what motivates him?

I created Moss for the sole purpose of filling out the Squad Marko roster and not really using much again, and here he is becoming one of my favourites. The eventual conclusion to his character arc will be very satisfying, I think.

EVERYTHING IS RIGGED

maybe @Grin will come back now that i've brought back best boi grinnington

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  7. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I wonder too

What happened to him anyway?

8. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

#8 Marco Polo, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:13 PM
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 10:26 PM
    Grinnington? A lot, but that's a story for another time

Also, I've just realised how abruptly we go from battle to vote - I might patch in an extra scene. Probably rushed this one a little because I'd been delayed, my apologies

EDIT: It's been patched in. Nothing too crazy, but a little something to reduce the time jump.

9. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nope, Grin lol

Nice^^

10. Kia

Kia
    Wickedly Wanton Way with Words
    Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Guess being busy has its virtues as I got the finished version to read. ^_^

Thank you for another lovely chapter. So many things to ponder in this one... I feel like there’s some balance between dark and light issues at hand (I feel like the Underworld is a quagmire of moral ambiguities) and Swann, well who knows what’s going on with that guy or that could just be the approaching Equinox. ^_^
    Surprised your boo didn’t get you for spelling his name wrong though. :-P

Marco Polo likes this.
  11. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

I hope you're all making a list of my "accidental" mis-spellings of the name "Rayleigh"

12. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I have to thank Moss, he's the only character that calls him correctly.

13. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

he got his name wrong at the start of this chapter, lol

14. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Whaa? Oh shit, you're right, there's a "g" there -.- I didn't notice, fuck you Moss

15. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

hey be nice, he’s very nervous in his new job as kingsguard leader

16. Deathbloke

I am the storm
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

He'd be nervous if he was the janitor lol
    Also, was his father an Elite? Then I think you have to edit the Wiki Post about the old Elites

17. Marco Polo

running with the wind
    Expand Collapse

His father and fathers before him, yes. I’ll have to add them in now - that post pre-dates Moss’ conception, lol