1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

KINGSGUARD [Intro/Character Creation]

Discussion in 'Writer's Corner' started by Marco Polo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Since @Skivar is no longer with us, I thought it might be nice to start a brand new community story for you guys n gals

It's very different in concept but hopefully you guys will like the overall premise ^_^

Much like Aporia, it's up to you guys to create the characters for the story. Like before, you can be as creative as you wish. Mods will be included whether they like it or not, and there might be some old friends popping up in the series...

Many thanks to @Grin and @Christina Choi for helping me with ideas for this, much love yo

Synopsis

The year is 2252. In the nation of Hiraeth, a nation once renowned for being a global leader in science and technology, a war is raging with no sign of stopping. Twenty years have passed since the bots, created by the nations' scientists to improve the civilians' day to day life, have rejected their creators and have begun to wreak havoc on the people they once served. With each failed attack, they come back stronger, as if they've learnt from their "mistakes". And with each successful attack, another city is wiped from the map, and thousands more are killed. Our story takes places in the northern capital, where students in the Owl King's Academy study and train in order to join the legendary Kingsguard, the main resistance against the mechanical threat.

Character Creation

Note:
    • If you wish for your character to be a student in the academy, they have to be 14-18 years old (high school age) - these characters have much more room for growth/development ability wise
    • You're allowed to create characters over 18, but you might have to wait a while for their introduction
    • I'll fill in a lot of minor characters (e.g. teachers in the academy) with old forum members, so don't worry about those roles
    • As far as creating unique abilities goes, please do keep it within reason, don't have anything like "CAN KILL 100 ENEMIES WITH ONE HIT" or "IS IMMUNE TO DEATH"
    • If you want to send me character creations via PM you can as well
    • If you want to modify your character at any point, you can either edit the post or message me with any changes made if I've already introduced them into the story (I'll try write them in)
    • This thread is open until the story is complete

Available roles for characters:

Soldier

• Very customisable in terms of weapons/abilities
    • Usually physically strong
    • Can have unique abilities that enhance their own strength, or the strength of their allies

EXAMPLE:

Name: Marcus Polus

Job: Soldier (in-training)

Appearance: Average height, lean build. Blue hair and light blue eyes.

Personality: Diligent, ambitious

Bio: Ever since he was a young boy, Marcus Polus dreamt of becoming a soldier in the Kingsguard. Instead of having a party on his 14th birthday, he went straight to the Academy to enroll, starting the next day. Whilst hard-working, he's not the most naturally gifted, meaning he has to work hard to maintain his position as one of the top 10 in his class. His one true goal is to be the leader of the Kingsguard, and as a result, has shut everyone and everything out until he graduates

Abilities:

Work - Increases stamina in battle

Loner - Speed and Strength slightly increase when working alone

Weapon(s): Mecha Gloves - A pair of gloves made from a light, flexible metal. The gloves have a pad in the centre of the palm, allowing the user to fire beams of pure light energy. However, their use places significant strain on the user's arms, meaning they can only be used for a short amount of time.

Lightning Blade - Polus' go-to weapon. A blade imbued with lightning, allowing the user to shock enemies.

Machinist

• The people in charge of driving/building/repairing machina, which are giant robots that are used in combat
    • Two roles: Mech Soldier (the ones who drive them and fight), Engineer (repairmen and machina builders: non-combat role)
    • Thanks to their machina, they are very durable in battle and are rarely taken down
    • If you want, you can create your own custom machina

EXAMPLE

Name: Mindy P.

Job: Machinist (Mech Soldier)

Appearance: Short, chubby. Blonde hair in a bob cut and green eyes. Despite always being covered in engine oil, she always has a smile on her face

Personality: Cheerful, clumsy

Bio: A veteran of the Machina division, Mindy P. is well known amongst her peers as someone who always brings a smile to your face. Alongside her trusty companion, Sparky, she's turned many an enemy bot into a pile of spare parts.

Machina: Sparky - A 5m tall Machina that is red in colour. Has a single laser on its "chest" with the destructive power of a cannon

Medic

• Can either be located on the front-line or in the infirmary
    • They do what medics do
    • Usually have limited combat skills but are highly intelligent
    • Front-line medics can have basic combat skills/abilities, infirmary medics are pretty much "just" doctors

EXAMPLE

Name: Dr. M

Job: Medic (in-training)

Appearance: Tall and slim, yet not quite lanky. Extremely clean. Wears a pair of wire-framed glasses that are so well cleaned you can see your own reflection on them. Black hair, brown eyes.

Personality: Obsessive, Meticulous

Bio: Top of his class since joining the academy, Dr. M, as he's known by his classmates, has been offered the chance to graduate early by Kingsguard recruiters on multiple occasions, only to decline because he feels he should complete his education. A perfectionist to the very end, he hates being rushed and will often give you a sour face if you try to interfere with his work.

Other

• If you have another idea that isn't covered in the above then feel free to do so (I won't include an example because effort)
    • If you're creating a student and don't know what to pick yet, you can simply select your job as "Student" for now and I'll fill them in a role, or you can change their role at a later date

Hopefully this is all clear enough. Any questions, just ask me
    Apologies for the formatting, I don't have my laptop with me. Once I do (which will be soon), I'll tidy this up a bit

Enjoy!

2. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I have already provided you with my character, but I might as well put it here as well for people to see.

Name: Arthur "Grin" Grinnington

Job: Machinist (Mech Engineer), Mech Pilot (formerly), Kingsguard

Appearance: Average height, weak build, pale skin, brown crew cut, heterochromia: blue and green eyes

Personality: Sardonic bastard with a heart of gold

Bio: One of the younger engineers, Arthur has always had only one problem with his work. Namely, his co-workers. Grinnington tolerates little disorder and incompetence, and only seeks to do his best in his work as another "cog in the Machina". He has a softer side, but it's hidden behind the metaphorical Machina around his heart.

While he was still a student, Arthur was quickly picked out into the Kingsguard due to his prowess in mech improvement and analysis. He took this honor with pride, thankful for the opportunity to work with better parts of larger quantities. However, his masterpiece, the pink bot said to have a personality of its own was locked away for security reasons. Arthur still holds a grudge to this day, scheming to free his creation.

Machina: Code Name: Hope, the mysterious Machina with a "heart". The details are confidential, but surely there was a reason for locking it away....

Abilities: Intuitive Aptitude: Arthur has the uncanny ability to understand new things quickly and thoroughly by taking it apart, allowing him to reverse engineer even "evolved" enemy bots and take what he needs for his own creations. This does come with the side effect of wanting to take apart any new interesting thing he sees, which is not always appropriate.
    Tsundere: Grinnington is the kind of character fans hate, making any series he is in less of a success. Oh, and the other stuff this title entails.

Christina Choi and Marco Polo like this.
  3. Glaze D. Bacon

OH! MY! GOD!
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#3 Glaze D. Bacon, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    So...is this basically a roleplay? I'm interested.

Character #1:

Name: Pragma Corrinspike

Job: Soldier in Kingsguard

Appearance: Long blond hair, blue eyes, and tall. Somewhat thin, but very strong. Wears an unzipped black jacket with a white shirt underneath, dark blue pants and black boots. Often seen smoking a cigarette.

Personality: Cunning, no-nonsense, serious about work, but has fun around friends.

Bio: After an attack on his remote hometown left him without a family, Pragma was forced to wander the land and seek shelter. He landed himself in a lumberyard, where he was able to earn money and became stronger by chopping down trees. After working there for most of his teenage years, he left with the strength of a bear, and worked as a bounty hunter before taking interest in joining the Kingsguard, and enlisted in the training academy. Since his past shook how he lived, he is firm when he meets new people, but softens up without realizing as time passes. When in an intense battle, he fights with an almost bloodthirsty demeanor, and shows no mercy to his opponents after his victory.

Abilities: Great strength- Pragma worked in a lumberyard most of his life, working his arms to an extreme, and even competed with the more experienced men there. He can easily power clean a 200 lb barbel with just one hand. During his time as a bounty hunter, he used a large sword with a wide blade one foot across, made from steel.

Quick thinking- Pragma's instincts allow him to process the situation in a short matter of time, without the need for a long explanation. He also has a fast reaction time and can zone in on a certain weak spot.

Weapon: Blackstone sword- blackstone is a heavy metallic alloy that is stronger than diamond, and Pragma's current sword is forged from it. His sword is meant to be a two-handed blade, but he treats it like a normal one. His swings are so powerful that shockwaves even come from them.

4. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#4 Chaudfontaine, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Name:
    Xaverius Olivier “XO” Von Belgien

Job: Frontline Medic (in-training)

Appearance: Pretty muscular, tall, blond short hair, glasses.
    Personality:
    -Jokes around in the class, but a trustwordy guy and a rock to build on when it counts.
    -Doesn’t like rain. It will blurry his vision because his glasses will become wet and it made him stay inside as a child.
    -has a little pervy side and excuses adult magazines for “medical/anatomical education papers” but never let that be an excuse for his practice. (off duty he may try convince some girls/women to have him inspect them)
    -[read bio first] has a grandfathery/uncly relation with King Owl, which has saved him from being expelled, but hasn’t really met him. Has always stayed on the safe side of the war. (if put on the front lines, he can cower in the beginning but will try to lead or help lead afterwards)
    -Knows instinctively what to do with an injury, isn’t afraid of the blood. (if in the future, on the battlefield, he’ll have to make a choice in advancing or treating people, he’ll choose for advancing first but if the comrads are becoming close to him or if he has risen in the ranks, he’ll choose for a quick treatment and delegate others for advancing).

Bio
    He came from a wealthy family who were very succesfull doctors before the revolution began. They used some robotics in their practices, but they still preferred the old fashion way. During the revolution, XO’s grandparents died protecting their children, which made those active in the rebellion against the robots. Their non-robotic practice made them very valuable for king Owl and fought both on the frontlines. 3 years after the revolution, XO was born and named after his grandfather.

Growing up, XO had learned a lot of skills of his parents, but was very playful. He loved climbing in the trees of the safe garden of King Owl, who not always liked that his favorite tree was violated by the youngster. When he came of age for middle school(?), he went to the king’s guard school and his parents returned to the front line. In class, he liked joking around, getting into trouble with the teachers but with the practice classes he scored as one of the best. His hand-eye coordination, even though he is wearing glasses, is fantastic, and his growing muscular body didn’t set him back either.

Now of age 17, he has been scolded a few times for not being motivated in theory and stuff, stealing some booze from the kitchen, toying around with some training-mecha-suits, he is in his last year before graduation. He hopes he will get a spot in the kingsguard to get to the frontlines and meet up with his parents. That’s why he is a good teamplayer in simulations and training session, not only for on the field EHBO but also with guns.

Weapon
    He wields dual handguns, which make him an “expert” in close and mid-range combat. For the EHBO on the field he has a scapel, bandages, etc in his medic-backpack but also a knive in his standard outfit.

Extra
    pls no mecha for this guy
    robo arm if necessairy but it will come with a period of serious depression because he can't practice on his instinct like he used to.

Grin and Marco Polo like this.
  5. ZakNik

Legendary God of Speed
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#5 ZakNik, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Name: Zak Niklaus

Title: Legendary God of speed

Job: Soldier /type Assassin (in-training)

Appearance: height: 184cm, weight: 82kg
    [​IMG]

Personality: Determinated,fearless,skillfull

Bio: Ever since he was a young boy, Zak Niklaus dreamt of becoming a soldier in the Kingsguard and be part of resistance. he had touhg childhood bucause he coming from assassins family. Do his fearless he never back off from fight even if his opponent is stronger. People see assassins as killers but Zak only kills evil guys or machines. He cares about his comrades His one true goal is to stop war so everyone can live peacefully. He is extremly fast and agile and so he got the title: ''Legendary God of Speed''

Abilities:

Speedster - One of the fastest man alive.

Perception: he can think in fastest way possible how to dodge attacks with ease and react with counter attack

Weapon(s):
    Barrier point - Tehnology got advanced and can be use in many possible way. Zak have implanted defence system in his body and at will he can create barier around his body or just one part of body. He can also use that same barrier as attack.
    Goddo blade -Blade whoch allow user to control gravity. Zak uses gravity to attack with his barriers by pushing or pulling them towards opponent with his blade.

Special attacks:
    Sky barrier (make barrier high in sky and then pull it down by gravity blade. Usefull against group attack)
    Gravity slice (when he use his sword he dont need cut opponent directy he can just swing sword from far away and send gravity force to smash or blow away opponent)
    Gravity steps (reason way Zak is one of the fastest man in the world is he agile body but if he adjust gravity around his legs he can move even faster then sound)
    Barrier prison (he can make prison of barrier to catch enemy) ect.

6. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Not quite

Basically the purpose of this thread is for you to create yourself an alter-ego that I'll use to write a story

Ideally a single character rather than two

7. Glaze D. Bacon

OH! MY! GOD!
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Ah, gotcha. Thing is, it would be kinda weird if my character(s) were named Glazed Bacon, so I changed the names. Hope you're okay with that. Also, I'm gonna stick with character #1.

8. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

You can name your characters how you please ^_^

Awesome, would you be so kind as to take out the second character description please? Just so I don't get confused later on

9. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#9 Christina Choi, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Name: Chirch

Job: Soldier in-training

Appearance: Short brown hair, a bit chubby, mostly wears pants and long shirt over it. Carries a small bag with a sling and some random in it.

Personality: Doesn't talk much, shy, ambitious, and hot-headed.

Bio: Chirch has always lived alone in the woods in a small cabin since her grandmother passed away. She hunts for her meals and sells the leftover catches in the markets. She hears about an academy and decides to check it out and ends up enrolling. Not knowing how to cooperate and interact with the other students, she works alone and trains alone.

Abilities: Chirch can shoot an arrow from a very far distance with great accuracy. She is very strong physically, though she does not show her strength often.

Weapon(s): For up-front fights, she uses a rapier. For surprise attacks and such, she uses a longbow.

10. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#10 Storm chaser, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Fun, I will join. :luffy:

Name: Snow

Job: Medic

Appearance: Normal build, long dark pink hair, tattoos, likes shorts and blouses. Has a phoenix tattoo on her left leg, tributed to Phoenix and also carries his dog tags.

Personality: Witty and sarcastic, likes to boss other around, but is kind. Sometimes acts like the mother hen.

Bio: Is from a destroyed, small town named Wavedrop. It was near mountains and a big lake, so she is used to coldness and moving in fog. When the bots first started to attack people, the town people fought the bots, but the bots were overwhelming. Almost everyone died. One of the last remaining adults back then, a retired solider named Phoenix managed to get Snow and two other kids on a boat and they got to the lake. The bots opened fire at them, striking Phoenix. He still managed to get the boat to safety to the other side, hiding in the fog. When they got to land, Phoenix was bleeding, Snow didint know how to aid him, and he died of blood loss in front of her. He managed to show how to use a gun and a compass, before dying. After that Snow didnt want to see anyone else die before her, so she wanted to become a medic to save others. She and the other two kids managed to survive in the woods, hunting fish etc and sleeping in a abandoned fish cottage near the lake. The bots never came there for some reason. After a month or so, a rescue team found them. After that she has trained medic skills, and has not been in touch with the other two kids.

Ability: Has basic combat skills + survive skills in the nature. Knows how to hunt.

Likes to ask soliders to train her combat skills and in return she will teach them basic medic skills.

Pic
    [​IMG]

Christina Choi, Grin and Marco Polo like this.
  11. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Note: Trainees have to be 18 or under (sadly the kingsguard does not have the funding required to support mature students)

ZakNik and Grin like this.
  12. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, can she be a medic just then? I wasnt sure about it when posting. :D

13. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's probably what he meant. The school is for youngsters to train them into the biz, anyone older has either graduated already or was recruited as an adult (from outside the school). Given the timeframe...
    ...your character was already 13 before the bots even showed up, so she probably could have graduated as one of the first students in the school when it was founded.

Storm chaser and Marco Polo like this.
  14. Twelve

Trippin'
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Name: Amanda

Job: Soldier

Appearance: Average height; very attractive; choppy bob hairstyle (brown); green eyes; always wears black/green/brown

Personality: Playful; gets out of a relationship when it gets too serious; puts her work above all; loves old people

Bio: /feel free to make use of my character for whatever purpose

Weapon: /can make use of any weapon since she's a soldier but prefers knives

Abilities: highly skilled as a soldier; excellent in hand-to-hand combat and loves mind games

15. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Of course ^_^

The "in training" is meant to imply that they're highschool students, apologies for the confusion

Storm chaser likes this.
  16. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Grin & @Marco Polo Okay, thats great. I tought I understood it wrong.
    Yeah I wanted to make an older hag.. I mean woman to just nag at others. Hahah great! Ill edit the in-trainig out of it.

Marco Polo likes this.
  17. Grin

Breadcrumbs
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Possible things to consider for the people having trouble:

• cyborg parts are (probably) fair game
    • what different types of firearms are there? explosives?
    • if you make a student you need less input on abilities because Marco can develop the character based on the events in the story
    • is there anything else you could ride other than a mecha?
    • if you don't fight, what do you do that helps?

18. Sunny G

Expand Collapse

Well, you guys know how much I love these.

Name
    : Darion "Kai" Kaiser

Job: Machinist (Mech Soldier)

Appearance: Almost tall (180 cm). Short dark hair, tanned-skin, green eyes and flexible/lean build.

Personality:
    Humble, open sense of humor. Will laugh at even the darkest and most insensitive jokes. Usually never takes offense. Shamelessly quotes... anything that sounds good.

Bio: He lost his parents at a very young age to a bot invasion. Growing up, he was mostly apathetic but found joy in mechanical work and military tales. Dislikes childish attitude. His dream is to one day launch various expeditions on areas unknown, even if they are beyond the clouds or in enemy territory. An adventurer through and through.

Perhaps slightly on the suicidal side. (Author's choice/ hey, I had to give him a downside)

Machina: Nyx. A 6m machina specialized for scouting/combat/tracking. Dark Blue/Black in color.

Ability: Primordial Hunter: A keen sense for tracking enemies. Able to plan multiple steps ahead and execute tactics to lure, capture or destroy objectives. (Author's choice/can be nerfed).

Good luck guys. Hope you have fun with this one. Not as detailed as my past characters. It's like 4 in the morning, I can't think of anything interesting. Lol

Christina Choi, Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  19. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Expand Collapse

Cyborg parts are indeed fair game

If you're making a student with loads of powerful abilities, please don't be sad if they're not all there at the beginning, they'll all be present by the end

20. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

WARNING: The character which I will be submitting will only appear when the plot needs to. He's a mix of some aspects of my characters in Aporia (Paqo Bellyvance and a secret minor character) and Bporia (Dark M. Quezon), mostly with the ones yet to be seen.

Name: Dream

Age: "It doesn't matter." (he's obviously above 18; looks like in his mid-20s; rumored to be more than 50 years old)

Job: School inspector/Entrepreneur/Technologist/Former martial artist

Appearance: Physical appearance is mostly up to the author/Looks weak and clumsy/Has a bo staff with neodymium magnets on both tips, always seen eating fried chicken and performing street magic to some students

Personality: Mysterious, secretive, sarcastic, witty, funny, business-minded, scientific, kind, approachable, calm, strong-willed, confident, hates unnecessary fights

Bio: Not much information is known about him aside from the ones posted online which is mostly about his business, investments, speeches about entrepreneurship and technology and his inspectorship. Because he owns one of the largest group of companies in Hiraeth and that he is living in simple life, he is looked-up by many students in the academy. The only known information about his life prior to venturing in business is that he was once a martial arts practitioner and a street magician. The reason why he became an inspector is unknown, when asked he always answers that "it's just for fun" and follows up with some money tips. However, there are three rumors about him: one is that he is the same guy as "the legendary fighter" from 50 years ago who suddenly disappeared from the limelight, another is that he wants to change the system of education of Owl King's Academy using his unorthodox ways, and last is that he owns a notebook which can help to end the civil war. He denied all of those, commenting that "life will be boring if those are true".

Weapons: Bo staff with neodymium magnets, chicken bones, deck of ordinary cards, pen, mecha master key, money

Abilities: Business whiz, money whiz, technology whiz, detective instinct, street magic, martial arts, very fast, can temporarily control "weak" mechas, powers granted to a school inspector

Marco Polo and Storm chaser like this.