1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Know Your Nakama! (Share Some Facts) :)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Edinbour, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Disclaimer: I can't recall if this thread has been made before and nothing came up in the search bar, so I'm sorry if I'm mistaken. But anyways, let's get to it.

So this is like a mash-up of the 'Konnichiwa' section and peoples' AMA's but the difference is that when people make an intro, they tend to keep it relatively short with a few facts about themselves and AMA's are limited to whatever people ask you. This thread is for you to share with us, your nakama, anything we don't already know! Something that you rarely (if ever) talk about here on the forum or even in your everyday life. I've been a member of this great forum for almost 5 years now, but I'm sure there's a lot of things I still don't know about my fellow nakama so let's hear some! ;)

Some facts about me that I rarely/never talked about:
    • For about 5 years when I was younger (teenager), everyday after school I trained as a kickboxer. Although I've never really been in a fight, it's good to know I know how to defend myself (unless it's like 10 on 1 but that's not a fight is it? lol)
    • I used to drive, but stopped back in 2009 because between gas, insurance and upkeep, I was spending all my money on my car and said "fuck this" so now I ride my bike everywhere. I do plan on driving again, but only when it's financially feasible. My last car was an '89 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. I named him 'Hector' :P
    • I don't just listen to music, I feel it. I don't mean the lyrics, I mean the actual music. I think music is such a beautiful thing and it can trigger numerous emotions from me.
    • Humphrey Bogart is one of my all-time favorite actors. My favorite film with him is 'The Treasure of the Sierra Madre'. If you haven't seen it or even if you're not a fan of Bogey, just watch the film. It's about how greed can corrupt a man.
    • After my Nana passed away in 2006, I fell into a massive depression. So bad that I was heavy into drugs and alcohol, not caring/wishing it would take my life. I don't remember a lot of it because it fried my memory, but that's a part of my life I don't mind forgetting. All I know is that after I adopted Zevah in 2010, things got better. I know I am very protective of her and talk about her a lot, but she really saved my life. I've some rough patches but nothing as bad as back then. #ZevahMyGuardianAngel ;)
    • In College, I wrote an essay about how Zevah changed me for the better. My Professor was confused at first, but understood after reading it. I passed :P
    • I enjoy to read and study to learn new things. Now-a-days it's mostly historical facts or anything about animals to jumpstart my career as a Veterinarian) but thanks to the interwebs, I also know how to make Methamphetamine as well as Chemical Bombs that can wipe out a few thousand people. Not that I would ever do so because I've seen how inmates are treated at Guantanamo Bay and it doesn't suit me. Plus I'm not a terrorist, I just learned that stuff back when the internet was growing and I was a dumb teenager.
    • When I was younger, I wanted to be a Video Game Designer, then a Restauranteur but now I'm going for Veterinary Science. Yes I still love video games and yes I still love cooking, but I want to do something noble with my life. Video games are fun and feeding people is great but helping people and animals.. I can't imagine a greater feeling.
    • And lastly, I have faced death 12 times. The worst was in May, 2016 when I was hospitalized and spent 3 days in the ICU. The fact that it seems nothing can kill me reassures me that I have a purpose to live for (or I just can't die) :P

So there, some facts about your Red King that you didn't know! I'd like to hear some of yours. You don't have to share any "skeletons in the closet" secrets if you don't feel comfortable, just any random fact(s) will do! Just try to make it a not-so-obvious one (like if I posted "I have a Husky named Zevah" lol)

2. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#2 Pacquiao8, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • I'm a very shy IRL. Some people who don't really know me either thinks that I'm a snob or a weirdo.
    • I was involved in a few fist fights during my early teenage years.
    • I have a very weak body and doesn't eat too much in contrast on how my body looks like.
    • I hate eating slimy veggies and bony fishes (except if the fish tastes very good).
    • The only reason I chose not to be sporty and athletic is because there's already too much in our country.
    • I do lots of stuffs out of passion and I liked it more than my ex-career even if it doesn't pay.
    • I don't believe in ghosts or any paranormal and supernaturals.
    • I'm not interested in governments and politics and rarely watch and read news because they mostly contain those topics and are very annoying and repetitive. I'm very neutral.
    • I also don't watch movies that often, especially live-action films. I prefer historical, biographical, natural and astronomical documentaries.
    • My OPF username/handle is the only one that is different among my other casual accounts (non-professional/scholastic). Thus, "Pacquiao8" is an OPF exclusive. Should you see "Pacquiao8" in other sites, those aren't me.
    • I never had an interest to compete with my classmates to be at the top of our class during my school years (Kindergarten to High School) even if my parents want me to, the reason is to avoid pressure and to focus in "competing" against my teachers. I even tried to manipulate how my grades should appear just not to be one of the top students (if necessary).
    • I was once a moderator of a defunct-satellite hobbyist forum site at the age of 14. I was responsible for moderating a file exchange section (not gonna tell what kind of files they are but they're no NSFW).
    • I have lots of small benign cysts and lipomas in my body. They aren't noticeable unless you touch them.
    • I have a condition which has the similar effect as to a DF user when in contact with a significant amount of water outside my body, especially dirty ones (e.g. flood water, public pool).
    • In contrast to Manny Pacquiao, I'm no fighter, not even a martial artist. I always try to avoid any kinds of trouble as much as possible to conserve energy.

3. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Pacquiao8 I enjoy historical documentaries as well. I saw one a few years back about the 'Kennedy Assassination' and it was very interesting. I also saw one on YouTube a few months ago about the real-life Blackbeard. :)

4. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

That's cool! Lately, I've been fond of geographical, travel, mystery, apocalyptic and conspiracy theories documentaries, but not yet on the level of my favorites.

5. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

☆~Fashion~☆
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Old boi we have here, nice car name.

Now for the relevant stuff:
    - I used to bowl as a kid, but I quit because I wasn't at good at bowling irl as I was in Wii Sports. I also played soccer but got bored of it before moving to bowling.
    - Yesterday someone smoked in the music building hallway and I can't tell if I got second hand high from it and I'm too afraid to ask what the symptoms are because I don't want to look like an idiot. Help me please.
    - I play violin in my school orchestra and have played since 5th grade.
    That's enough for now!

6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Haha thanks! I ended up selling Hector to a mechanic since I wasn't driving any longer.
    Bowling is awesome. My highest score is 240 (7 strikes in a row!) ;)
    Second-hand high huh? Symptoms are pretty minimal. Light headedness is most common.
    Violin is beautiful. My [close] second favorite instrument behind the Piano :)

7. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm let’s see here. I’ll just list some stuff.
    • I have 13 piercings, a full sleeve, full back piece and several other tattoos all spiritually meaningful to me
    • I used to wish I was a German citizen (my sister was born there so was dual and had the right to choose when she turned 18)
    • I was an Army brat who refused to say the pledge of allegiance
    • I used to have a Cookie Monster blue mohawk
    • I secretly took horseback riding lessons with a friend in elementary school (still dunno how that happened)
    • I used to sing in the church choir
    • I used to work with raptors—owls, hawks, bald eagle
    Okay I’m done. That’s more than enough. You can ask if you want elaboration. ^_^

8. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Is it true that bald eagles chirp like tiny birds and not screech like seen on TV? I heard that they dub hawk sounds for bald eagles on TV to make 'em more intimidating.

9. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

#9 Kia, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Wii bowling is awesome but if you bowl with bumpers, you can have fun combing bowling with pool and playing the angles lol.

Also, sometimes hunger is a symptom. It depends on the person but it usually takes a lot of exposure to get impacted. Tolerances vary as does strength of product.
    That’s fantastic and super admirable, in my opinion. ^_^
    Absolutely! They sound like dorks. It’s super funny. Watching them eat is great, too. Talon was a hoot. He slurped down intestines like spaghetti, sort of. He’d toss ‘em up in the air with his bill and catch them it was just fun. He was pretty young; had recently gotten all of his white feathers when I first met him. He only had one wing so that’s why he was there. He fell out of his nest as a youngster. Have you ever seen how freaking huge those things are?! Biggest goof ever. Well Ty was pretty special. But his problem was he was still nocturnal even after years in captivity. So he flipped out every time a noise woke him up and did his barn owl intimidation dance like this but he would be calling out with the clicks. That sound isn’t right, just sounds like static and he had tons of space to move. Alas, I’ve babbled. I didn’t even talk about the other owls or the hawks. ^_^

PS @Edinbour I don’t know if I was clear but they do dub red-tailed hawks for the bald eagle cries in movies.

Edinbour and Pacquiao8 like this.
  10. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#10 Dreamer, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Okay, here's some things about me:

• When I was 7, I was hitted by a car because I was idiot and didn't look left and right before crossing the road. My leg was broken and I spent the Christmas in wheel chair. One day the couple who had hitted me with car visited and gave me a teddy bear, I still have that bear :blush:
    • I'm interested about flower language, gemstone symbolism and meaning of first names
    • My dream career as a child was a career of police but I learned that first I should go to army and get used to swim in cold water but I don't like swimming in cold water, I don't like cold showers either
    • I have quite bad sense of direction and I don't understand maps very well, I once got lost in the forest during PE class when I was junior high school student
    • When I was child, I used to sleep with my Pikachu plushie :blush:
    • I like playing video and mobile phone games but I often enjoy watching playing of others, I'm impatiently waiting The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 walkthrough

11. sweetjacky

Missing him :'(
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Here's something about me:

• I'm too lazy to thing of loads of things about me like everyone else is
    • I'm madly in love with @FrankyGaon15

12. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

#12 KKG, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Some facts about me:
    I hate to be in places full of people.
    I hate characters of shounen animes that are allways getting beatings.
    My favorite food is lasagna.
    My favorite animal is the siberian tiger.
    My favorite godess is Venus.
    My favorite actor is JCVD.
    My favorite actress is Milla Jovovic.
    My favorite movies are Hard Target and Resident Evil 2.
    I hate Marvel Comics.
    I like wild life shows.
    I prefer Winter over Summer.
    I love Fanta grape.
    I hate alcoholic drinks.

13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Dreamer I still sleep with my Jolteon plush :P

@KKG Fanta grape is the shit! I just bought some a few weeks ago (not many places sell it here) :)

14. KKG

KKG
    I hate every haters of the anime in my avatar
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

@Edinbour,right here we don't have it all the time in stores.
    As for the taste,they made it just for me.
    Sumol is the worst shit!
    I forgot to say i don't read KG.
    Maruko will kill me:lol:

dreamlovermimi and Edinbour like this.
  15. Dreamer

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

That's cute :smile:.

Edinbour and Kia like this.
  16. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

@Dreamer do you mean like Victorian flower language? Also, that was kind of the people who hit you. The guy who hit me as a pedestrian (and was at fault), drove away then told the police when they got to his house that I scared him. I’m glad that you healed up and sorry you went through that!

@sweetjacky now I know who your honey is lol

17. Dreamer

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that flower language. I'm sorry to hear about that accident, hopefully nothing really bad happened to you.

Kia likes this.
  18. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

That flower language is cool. I’ve read about it a bit before but I’m more into the magickal/spiritual correspondences. ^_^
    Eh he was going from a stop so it was relatively minor, thanks though! ^_^

Dreamer likes this.
  19. Dreamer

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear that :relieved:.

20. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

This sounds fun, so I shall join in.

• I'm a writer who's currently looking for my lost motivation. Where to find it???
    • I have PTSD, but I hate going to therapies. I hate meds even more.
    • I love animals and nature. If I ever see anyone abusing and hurting animals in front of me I'd bash their skulls and let them know what pain really is.
    • I have fear of darkness.
    • I'm a coffee-addict, I can't function well in the morning without my daily dose of coffee.
    • I hate going to hospitals and I'm not fond of doctors (I've been to the hospital a lot of time unfortunately).
    • I love singing. I used to be in a band in high school and in college, but not anymore.
    • Contrary to my calm and composed face and demeanor, I get real scary and nasty and bitchy when I'm pissed off, and no one will get away unscathed.
    • In high school, in my second year, some students (me included) created a massive 'breakout' that turned into a memorable history of our school (lmao). Can't remember what started it, but the one leading the 'breakout' was none other than my mighty big brother. We sneaked out of school during the start of the year through the back entrance. There were quite a lot involved, and at some point some of the teachers noticed and chased after us while yelling and cursing. Some students didn't make it out and got caught, but the rest of us made it and we partied like there's no tomorrow that day.

Idk why but somehow I think the name 'Hector' really suits the car.

Same. Politics annoy me so I avoid them like the plague.

Wow that's awesome. I've always wanted to have them close and touch them and play with them or something.

Same lol. I'm bad with directions as well. Like I could go to this shopping mall countless times and I still wouldn't remember the way around.

Dreamer, Kia and Pacquiao8 like this.