1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Know Your Nakama! (Share Some Facts) :)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Edinbour, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Kia

Kia
    All about amare, anima, and anime.
    Haoshoku Haki Busoshoku Haki Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

It’s okay, I had them once... it’s just sacrilegious that I never had them when I lived there is all. You’d be amazed at the things I used to not eat, like peaches and bananas for instances. Ah the follies of youth. ^_^

2. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Bananas are ok, but I'd prefer to get my potassium from Potatoes ;)
    The only fruit I generally eat are Apples. A quick, easy (and delicious) snack! :)

3. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Oh you’re so pure. ^_^ Yes, potatoes are delicious, especially sweet potatoes. I adore fruit, actually. Except grapefruit, ew.

Edinbour likes this.
  4. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Grapefruit is horrible! It's so damn bitter :confused:

Kia likes this.
  5. Pacquiao8

8th Commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Same with the high and low threshold or min/max range for several contents. All decided with commercial intent. I remember recently, they lowered the systolic value considered as high blood pressure.

Edinbour likes this.
  6. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

On the spectrum, I'm always considered as "high" which is why my doctor increased my dosages on my meds.
    He wants me to change up my diet a bit, but I can't help myself. I love eating! I'm dying anyway, so why not enjoy myself and eat whatever I please, ya know? lol

Pacquiao8 likes this.
  7. Dreamer

I'm more like a stone than a snowflake
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Are you using it as a coatrack until the next Christmas comes :laughing:?

GoldenVenus likes this.
  8. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol XD

9. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

did someone just say potatoes ¿

10. ignisC4t

Expand Collapse

am just too ridiculuzzz at thing :confused::neutral:

11. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Here's a few more facts about the Red King that you may not have known: (all about animals)

• I grew up with German Shepherds (my father's dogs) and although I don't really remember them, they were apparently very protective over me. I was only like 2 years old though.
    • As a child (and into my teenage years) I was afraid of dogs, for the most part. I've been chased by a German Shepherd, several Doberman's and even a Golden Retriever. My fear has since subsided ever since I came across a stray Pit Bull who was absolutely friendly.
    • Speaking of Pit Bulls, I dislike the stigma they have that they're an "aggresive" breed. It stems from them being used as "fighter dogs" and I cannot stand it. Pitties are some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. Referring back to my last note, when I came across that stray Pittie, my first thought was "oh shit.. I'm about to be killed.." Long story short, he just came up, tail a waggin' and wanted to be pet. A real sweetheart.
    • Last (but definitely not least) my friend used to own a Border Collie, Jack. Such a handsome boy. I was one of the first people he ever met (after he was adopted). Anyways, 2 funny stories: One time, my friend and I were playing with him and he [Jack] ended up sneezing right in my face, stinging my eyes and my jerk of a friend laughed and took a picture. My eyes were so red and I just looked absolutely miserable. I wishi still had that picture, but it's long gone. Naturally, I wasn't mad at Jack :P
    • Second story: One time when visiting, I was playing with Jack during half-time in a football game. Of course I was drunk and not paying attention, so when snuggling with him, I went to give him some kisses on his head, but he went to lick my face. So yeah.. I tongue-kissed him. Of course I was laughed at and had to wash my mouth out :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    As much as I love animals, I prefer not to make out with 'em, considering that they "clean" themselves. lol

Kia, Chaudfontaine, Dreamer and 2 others like this.
  12. Dreamer

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#72 Dreamer, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    And a little bit more facts about me:
    • I have been mistaken for a guy twice :laughing:
    • I have had quite many moments of deja vu
    • I have a bad habit to rationalize everything I do
    • I'm quite antisocial and shy, it's difficult for me to approach strangers
    • I like to watch cartoons and read children books
    • I can't resist lottery

13. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't read children books, but I still enjoy watching Disney movies :P

GoldenVenus and Dreamer like this.
  14. Dreamer

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm writing this in order to get a little bit nearer to Busoshoku Haki:
    • When I was child, I liked to draw pokémons and cut them from paper and then play a pokémon battle with my younger brother. Anyway, I liked to make things from paper when I couldn't really get them, like when my mother refused to buy me a Gameboy and Pokémon Blue, I made a Gameboy from paper and pretended playing it
    • We had a rabbit called Lumikki (Snow White's name in Finnish), I wanted her name to be Lumipallo (Snowball) but my family decided to call her Lumikki
    • When I watched Sailor Moon, I remember how confused I was about Zoisite. I was a primary school student and didn't know anything about gays and lesbians, so I thought that he was a woman because Zoisite showed attraction towards Kunzite. I also thought that Haruka and Michiru were just very good friends and nothing else. Even after learning the truth, it didn't bother me at all

15. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like you had quite the imagination! I used to as well as a child, playing with my massive lego collection. I would spend hours building castles and all sorts of things. Never really used the instruction booklets though because everything I built was superior :P

I wish I still had that collection though because I have so much room in this house!

Kia and Dreamer like this.
  16. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure there’s WAY too much information about me on here already but I’ll give this a try
    • I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. I’m going back to university to do a Masters in September, which I’m pretty excited about. I may be an idiot, but I’m not (that) stupid.
    • Only five people I know in real life know that I’ve written Kingsguard - my parents, my sister and two family friends who happened to be in the room while I was writing a chapter. I only started telling people about it last Christmas (December 2018).
    • I’ve never considered publishing Kingsguard anywhere outside of OPF. Maybe I should? I don’t know.
    • I only developed an interest in writing by joining Internet forums - before that, I was pretty avoidant when it came to writing anything.
    • My favourite writing to do (write?) is reviews.
    • My worst habit is that I’m terrible at replying to texts - if you get a response from me within a day then you’re pretty lucky
    • My email inbox is also extremely cluttered - I currently have 2,811 unread emails. When I had my university email account as well, it was double that.
    • I’m a VERY messy person, something I justify by saying I know where everything is within my mess.
    • A lot of people who meet me irl think I’m gay on first impression. It bothered me more when I was 14/15 years old and still finding myself, but now it really doesn’t bother me. I’m very secure with my sexuality (lol).

17. Kia

Kia
    Expand Collapse

Ohh organized mess is totally a relatable thing. Masters in the same field?

More stuff about me:
    • I’ve apparently reached VIP status at the nerdlesque shows so I get reserved seats per the MC when I walk in and “don’t worry about the broken ATM, just pay us next time” status. (We hit the ATM across the street at intermission). Plus I’m actually close enough with some of the performers that they request hugs before I leave. (This is stuff I didn’t know about myself until Thursday)^_^
    • I’m officially addicted to cosplay (no one is surprised by this I’m sure).
    • I love supporting local artists and entrepreneurs
    • I’m oblivious to most celebrities. The Secretary of State from X-men First Class squoze my hand yesterday after I smiled at him while volunteering at a booth at Crypticon and I didn’t even realize it was him til he walked by and I was like hmm he looked familiar so I checked the guest list LOL. Ray Wise (his name) is known for Twin Peaks and did a bunch of other stuffs as well.

18. Jawahib

Both Exotic and Professor
    Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

This is straight up awesome. You're absolutely peaking in the nerd game right now :P
    You've got my vote for president
    Dw fam just show them your collection of Reiju fanart.

About me:
    • Studying Software Engineering. Hard times, but really fun too
    • Have a tendency of starting stuff but not finishing them (Marineford Chapter 5 where u at Battle Scenarios where r u hiding)
    • It keeps me up at night knowing there are people in the world who haven't been blessed with my incredible Battle Scenarios
    • Only one person I know irl knows about the Exotic Professor series and they are a big fan
    • Work as a tutor which is super rewarding
    • I have a one year old cat who my brother rescued last year
    • I have 2 exams this week that I am not ready and am procrastinating right now by writing this post

19. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

A few more things about me that I may not have mentioned before:

• I used to be big into WWE wrestling, so much so that I bought a replica of the Winged Eagle Championship Belt (and made my friends super jealous)
    • I'm quite good at remembering dates/anniversaries and the like
    • I once went 8 days without using the bathroom. As a child, I had some stomach issues that prevented me from going.
    • This one most of you know, but in case you missed it, I recently got my first tattoo. 3D2Y on my right forearm and every time I look at it, it makes me smile (because it's dedicated to you guys. Tattoos are permanent, like our friendship :) )
    • I own every James Bond film on DVD and have seen 'em all at least 5 times (some more than others)
    • When I was very young, I had trouble with communication. The first doctor said I was deaf. The second doctor said I was mentally retarded. The third said "he'll talk when he's ready." Looks like he was right. lol
    • 2016 is hands down the worst year of my life
    • Every anime/manga I've watched/read, the main character has never been my favorite character
    • Even as a fully grown man, I still enjoy watching Disney films (and am not ashamed to say it) :P
    • My father looks like a live action version of Gargamel from The Smurfs :tearsofjoy:
    • I have 2 siblings: an older sister and a younger brother
    • My brother has Autism and even though he has trouble in communication skills, is absolutely brilliant when it comes to computer skills (and especially military aircrafts)
    • I'm no fighter, but have taken MMA classes in the past as well as have a step-father who was in the United States Marine Corps and he also taught me how to fight, so needless to say I can easily defend myself (if needed)
    • The only food I can't stand is canned vegetables, especially green beans. Yuck!
    • I have an irrational fear of bees. I was traumatized as a kid and now I still run away from them :tearsofjoy:
    I think that's all for now. Will post more if I think of any because 30 years of existence, I have plenty to tell ;)

Storm chaser and Kia like this.
  20. Marco Polo

“super moderator”
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

but i deleted it all for topless pictures of @Deathbloke D:

can confirm, jawa’s cat is a cute lil’ thang

Deathbloke and Jawahib like this.