1. Participate in the Monthly PAW May 2018 with a special category for our anniversary!
  2. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  3. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Kuina (Alive as a man?)

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Mosshead, Feb 21, 2018.

?

Is Kuina alive?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I hope so

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I hope not

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Wouldn't have a clue

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

#1 Mosshead, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    @Storm chaser, here you go lol

I cant share any links to support my post nor do I believe this to be 100% true, BUT !! I guess its worth the mention to see what you all think & maybe your criticism can clear this theory up bit more.

Ok, So maybe Kuina didnt die "falling down the stairs" .. Maybe she left to follow her dreams.

Remember that time when Dragon & Ivankov docked on the island Zoro & Kuina were training on for a few days & Kuina was going on about how she cant be the best because she was female?

Would Oda do that for nothing ?

With Kuina already being the strongest student maybe she needed to move on to become stronger? She died (disappeared) the next morning after her & Zoro made a promise that 1 of them would become the best swordsman.

Ivankovs the type to help people & their desires & since they were on that island chances are Kuina left with Ivankov & later became a male. The revolutionaries must of been in contact with Koshiro (Dojo Master) at some point & may even have had some type of conversation ??

We can see in the chapter (sorry idk what chapter) that when dragon sets sail off the island that he was questioned "Dragon your late, how long will you keep us waiting", meaning something held him up longer than expected & Im sure Ivankov was not on the ship.

Kuina also questioned about "the person with the huge face" ?

Also Koshiro is the original owner (or his family) of the Wado Ichimonji, which Zoro inherited so maybe Koshiro is more important than we think ? (this last part im not too sure about)

I havent looked into this properly to the best of my ability but if yous know anything that is connected to this please share.

Hope you enjoyed anyway,

-Mosshead.

Moman, Seiryu, Villaine and 1 other person like this.
  2. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't the thing that held Dragon up Sabo? Also we saw Kuina's grave I'm the manga if I'm mistaken.

Mosshead likes this.
  3. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Idk was it Sabo ??
    & yeah her grave was there, but was she ?? Maybe the grave represented the end of her feminism & the birth of her manhood, idk ?

4. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

It seemed to just be a grave.

Jawahib and Grin like this.
  5. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Well ... who knows where Odas taking this lol. She might be dead but personally I hope shes alive

Mesopp likes this.
  6. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kuina is dead.
    His soul is living in Tashigi.

7. Mosshead

Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

Might be Tashigi with memory loss? but if it is she didnt really improve much as a swordsman .. (I think) Tashigi does happen to be a captain.

8. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The japanese believe the soul of a person can be alive after death in another person.
    That doesn't mean Tashigi has to be the same person as Kuina.

dreamlovermimi and Mosshead like this.
  9. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

This is cool to think about but If she is alive Zoro would get mad

10. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nope. She’s dead as a doornail. Her father found her corpse and arranged her funeral; there was no going back.

11. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Wow buzzkill

12. Glaze D. Bacon

「The Emperor 4」
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Nah, it’s just nature at work. :grin:

13. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Then nature is a buzzkill

14. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

As is life

15. Kevz

Yuuzume’s little brother
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

True dat

16. Edinbour

The Red King
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

One word to describe Kuina: Cadaverific

17. Jawahib

Busoshoku Haki YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

The problem with Oda's handling of her death is that, even though it's next to guaranteed that her body was found dead and then buried, since we didn't see it there's still room for doubt. I honestly think Oda did this to keep the option open for himself if he wanted her to make a comeback.

I still believe that the only reason Oda gave her an unsatisfying death was so that the cause of her death wouldn't interfere with Zoro's goal to become the strongest swordsman. If she was murdered, Zoro would have a revenge mission. If she was ill... well that's as good as an accident really, no one wants to see a dying kid on screen, and knowing her imminent death would have ruined the validity of her dream to be the greatest some day, thus ruining Zoro's dream. No, the best way to make Zoro determined to be the strongest without any hatred or bitterness attached to her death is to have an accident. To have him see his friend give her all to be the best, to struggle on despite her fears and disadvantages, and then have it all stolen from her without warning. I'll admit falling down stairs is kind of boring, but not much different from falling while training or something more dignifying.

I acknowledge there's still room for chicanery - maybe it was all staged by her father - but at the time and at least for now, I believe Oda meant she was really killed in that accident. For all we know, Zoro himself actually saw the body.

Storm chaser, Villaine and Mosshead like this.
  18. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Kuina is dead. We saw her body.
    I think her death was important to give Zoro the motivation for Kuinas sake too cause they had the same dream. Kinda like people say Ace's death was important for Luffys growth. While I do agree, I just dont like it.
    Yeah she struggled with being female, but it was Sabo that held up Dragon.
    I dont think Ivankov will help every person she/he meets that struggles with theyre body y'know.

Also Tashigi is not Kuina. I dont think her soul is in Tashigi, they are two different persons. Everything dosent have to be connectet in OP.

I actually do think he might be more important than what we see. Time will tell, or when Wano arc begins.

That still dosent mean Kuina's gonna be a male in Wano. Even if Ivankov wouldve somehow made her a male and Kuina would be alive, why would she go to Wano of all places? To get a katana I would agree with, but staying there wouldnt help her dream in the long run.
    If she's gonna be the worlds strongest sworduser, wouldnt she need to own the world. Not just be the best in Wano, but the world would need to know her name. She cant be the best if nobody knows her.And there should already be news about her swodsskills, like there are about Zoro.

19. Grin

Happy
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

mfw Zoro declares himself best swordsman in the last arc only for Kuina's smug face to creep into the panel, then beat him up.
    84253.png

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  20. Redgar

Expand Collapse

I have seen a post here before speaking of the possibility of Kuina gender bending into a male. I want to be blunt about it: Fat Chance.

This is what I remember happened: Zoro got mad at Kuina for saying that once they grew up, Zoro would be stronger solely for the fact or having born a boy.

Zoro yelled at Kuina because that was diminishing all the efforts he had been through to try and surpass Kuina. I believe there is a message here that Oda wishes to pass onto his readers: No matter the conditions of your birth (gender, social status, etc), you can do whatever you want, and be successful as long as you pour all your heart and soul into it.

I believe Kuina is alive, and she is going to ask a duel with Zoro, her goal is the same as Zoro's, to be the strongest swordman. Once Zoro defeats Mihawk and Luffy becomes pirate king, Kuina will appear as a woman and request a duel.... that's what I think will happen. However, I don't know if Zoro will win....