1. As a final farewell gift to our beloved creator, we're planning to make a "thank you" video. If you'd like to be involved, you can read more here.
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Kwestions for Kia

Discussion in 'AMA!' started by Kia, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Kia

Kia
    *content could be coherent*
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I guess I’m finally that tipsy/high or just have had that good of a night? Mayhaps I’m delirious? Either way, I’ll post one of these at the risk of seeming self-indulgent. Let’s get this party started. ^_^

Cleand, Marco Polo and Edinbour like this.
  2. Z4DNU

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

whats this all about?

Kia likes this.
  3. Robin-Senpai Is The Best

Double Keeper ~ White & Black Twin Birds
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

What was your first anime?

Kia likes this.
  4. GoldenVenus

I shall rise
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

On a scale of 1 to 100, how addicted are you to anime/mangas?

Kia likes this.
  5. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

A venue to satisfy your curiosity about any member who has one of these threads. I don’t know who started the trend. ^_^
    Voltron
    75?

GoldenVenus likes this.
  6. Piry

The Revolutionary Noodle
    Navigator
    Expand Collapse

What's your favourite cosplay that you have done?

Kia likes this.
  7. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Ohhh that’s a tough one! I think Chopper because it was my first one that I’d planned to do originally, I could really get into character and it was my first experience of strangers (like general non-convention public) coming up to me and treating me like a cosplayer (I don’t feel like a real one, believe it or not).

A close one would be the autumnal fawn fae because it was also fun to wear and I could be very in character for it. McGonagall was a blast—coming up with and being in character for that was a pleasure. I enjoyed the reactions. Storm is one of my favorite characters so I loved being her but I don’t think I portrayed her very well in terms of my behavior.

Piry likes this.
  8. Marco Polo

「DREAM STATE」
    Administrator Member of the Year 2018
    Expand Collapse

Why'd it take so long for you to make an AMA?

Kia likes this.
  9. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    First Mate
    Expand Collapse

Who's the strongest admiral and why it's Ryokugyu ?

What's your favourite One Piece arc ?

Who's your favourite One Piece character ?

Which country would you love to visit the most ?

Kia likes this.
  10. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

I didn’t think I was interesting enough to warrant one.
    Well in a single-spaced essay of 500 words, I’d like to expound up the basic fallacies of the manner in which this query is posited... :P

Aw hell. Keeping in mind that I was anime only until midway through WCI and that I suck at ranking things, I’m probably going to go with Marineford. I’d combine it with Impel Down for utmost accuracy. But I can literally watch Luffy and Whitebeard interact all day long. The confrontation with the admirals? Bring it. When Ace tells him to stay away and he says he’s his brother he’ll save him if it kills him? That’s me (both of them actually). When Luffy and crew show up. When he stops Crocodile from attacking Whitebeard. Jimbe and Luffy. Akainu’s underhandedness. Yelling at Ace not to take the bait. Luffy’s Haoshoku Haki moment. Just. So. Much.

This is in my profile-sorta as in they won’t fit but I’ve got several (no surprises there) but, as trite as it is, Luffy is my number one.

I’m going to go with one that I haven’t been to as opposed to a return to somewhere that I miss. That will at least limit the options. Umm, in which case it’s between Egypt because of all the history, Greece for the same reasons or Jamaica and the latter is more likely (if any of them are at this point), because I speak the language. I’m really big on being able to speak the language of the places that I go.

Marco Polo and Admiral Ryokugyu like this.
  11. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Finally you’re here!

When and why did you start cosplaying?

Kia likes this.
  12. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Well thank you for the warm welcome! ^_^

Hmm. I used to do Halloween costumes when I was younger. But cosplay I started when I decided to go to Sakura-Con for my birthday trip this past year. I had the notion that I needed to start doing more geeky things so that I could make more likeminded friends. I figured l would be Chopper. That turned into me being a One Piece character for each day of the convention. I ended up being Martha Jones for a small one day con that I attended before going to that convention. Then I just found any opportunity to do so that I could. Again, like-minded individuals and all. If you advertise your geeky side, you find others like yourself. Plus it’s fun to be creative. ^_^

Cleand likes this.
  13. Chaudfontaine

Chieftain Chóðinn
    Super Moderator Member of the Year 2017
    Expand Collapse

Color of toothbrush?

Country you want to visit next?

Favorite fauna and flora?

14. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

White-Sonicare

Germany (I miss it) or Japan (yup wanna weeb out).

wolf/black panther and fire n ice or black rose.

Cleand and Chaudfontaine like this.
  15. Cleand

Forum Granpa
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Only this past year? And you’re already this good. Also, I would definitely cosplay if I have money and creativeness. Lol.

Another question: How do you pick a character to cosplay? Also, what are your preparations?

Kia likes this.
  16. Kia

Kia
    Captain
    Expand Collapse

Yes and thank you very much for thinking so! I feel like I could do so much better.

As for you being able to do it. You totally could! You don’t need that much money if you’ve got creativity. You just need one or the other. ^_^
    Well for the Sakura-Con ones, I just wanted Chopper and Law’s hats so that was the start but I also thought that Chopper would be the easiest for me to be the most authentic since he’s brown and I could blend the fur into my skin color. I was big on trying to be as close to the character as possible when I first started thinking about it.

For other ones, like the monthly shows, I honestly think about the theme and what I’ve got in my house/closet already then try to come up with what character I can create that I won’t need to put a lot of money into because I’m on a super limited budget. I try to spend less than $10 on each of these per cosplay, $20 at the uppermost limit. I’ve done pretty well with sticking to that. I obviously go with characters that I like, that speak to me in some manner. In the case of the Medusa and the autumnal fawn fae, they were ones that exist but the actual designs were mine. So I had more leeway to be creative. ^_^

Oops as for preparing, I don’t know if I fully answered that, I double check reference photos, figure out what I need to make, how I’m going to make it. Decide how I’m going to do my makeup (often watch a bunch of videos because I’m not one who wears makeup normally, then combine what I like from them). If I need to, I practice makeup and do mock ups of various parts of the cosplay on to see how it looks with lots of pics so I can refer to them and make adjustments. Then I start getting ready early the day of. If it requires contacts, I make sure I’ve been taking my fish oil and doing eye drops for a few days beforehand to keep my eyes moist. Umm that’s it? Maybe. lol