1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

LINE WEBTOON - Free Comics

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga General' started by sweetjacky, Aug 13, 2017.

1. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to recommend an app that I discovered today because I think it's really good and some people might like it. The app is called LINE WEBTOON and you can use it to read comics, especially manhwa and you can even download the chapters to read them later on when you don't have any internet. I tried it out and I'm really happy with it because it makes reading easy and you can bookmark what you already read so you won't forget at what chapter you're at. Here's a video that explains it better than I can:

LINE WEBTOON - The Best Way to Read Comics, Manga & Manhwa on Mobile. Join the largest community of comic fans with millions of readers worldwide.

- Read over 170+ Featured Comics such as Tower of God, Heroine Chic, Bluechair, and Siren's Lament every week for FREE!
    - Discover over 7000+ comics in Action, Romance, Comedy, Horror, Superheroes, and more
    - Mobile optimized scrolling for an uninterrupted reading experience
    - Subscribe to your favorite series and never miss an update
    - Download your favorite series and read offline
    - Enjoy FX comics that feature sound and animation

If you're interested, here's the link for the app: http://m.webtoons.com/appDownload

There's also a website for pc but I didn't try it out myself. Here's the link: http://www.webtoons.com/en/

I think it's worth it and I hope some of you will try it out! ;)

2. Glaze D. Bacon

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I already have LINE, so that could be a bonus for me. Thanks for introducing it to us!

JORMUNGAND and sweetjacky like this.
  3. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Have you read Untouchable?? IF you haven't, you need too! That one's my favorite!!

JORMUNGAND and sweetjacky like this.
  4. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the recommendation, I just subscribed to it in my app so I won't forget to read it :robin:

This one, right?
    Screenshot_2017-08-14-08-41-39.png

Christina Choi likes this.
  5. Christina Choi

Little Panda
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yep!

6. 4thBlade

Gone forever
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I've downloaded the webtoon app before, for reading Noblesse. It was really good and easy to use. But i didn't read any other manhwa besides Noblesse that can't be found on browser sites, so yeah i uninstalled. But i do recommend this to other people, it's very user friendly.

7. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

So I did end up giving this a try lately because a certain person would not let go *cough* @Yuuzume *cough*.
    I've went through a few series, and the ones I really liked are Bastard, Sweet Home, Ghost Teller ,Tales of the Unusual, Shriek, unOrdinary, Tower of God and lately Hive. Bastard especially was solid from start to beginning, most of the ones I'm reading are unconcluded as of now.
    Shriek I would recommend to anyone who wants a horror experience with animations and audio. Although I should give a screamer warning.

Hive is the one that currently has all my attention (sorry, Tower of God) with its good art, refreshing setting (mutant bugs over the tired zombie apocalypse thing) and manages to continuously ramp up the tension as it goes on. Lee, the MC, starts out as heroic family man, and his journey through an apocalypse of man-eating bugs and insanity does not allow him to stay as he is. It's a joy to read, and the best character is by far the badass old man. If you don't mind gore, gruesome imagery, (implied rape, disfigurement, piles and piles of dead bodies and worse) and aren't afraid of bugs, Hive is definitely something to check out for the underlying mystery behind the mutant bug invasion and seeing human nature at its best and worst.

Yuuzume likes this.