1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Luffy vs Zoro

Discussion in 'Battles' started by Badre-san, May 16, 2018.

?

Luffy vs zoro

1. Luffy Win

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Zoro Win

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Tie

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. i dunno

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

i really still can't figure out who is stronger, some people says zoro because of he's strong long distance attack
    some says luffy will beat the hell out of zoro with gear 4. i still don't think zoro will get beated that easly!

What do you think ??

Yuuzume and Seiryu like this.
  2. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Luffy all the way.I don't think it's gonna be easy but with the thing we've already seen from Zoro, I can say Luffy's snake man is really overpowered and I don't think Zoro can keep up with his speed and power.Obviously Luffy can defeat Zoro with his gear 4.But when he is fighting without his gear 4 I think it's gonna be a tie but Zoro has the advantage almost.
    It's not like I'm underestimating Zoro or something like that.It's just Luffy is overpowered in that form.

3. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

If we are talking about the current manga capabilities, Zoro undoubtedly. Zoro has a clear advantage with swords/blades. Offensive busoushoku massively trumps defensive busoushoku (refer to Cracker cutting Luffy in that defensive busoushoku has to be massively greater to stop a cut; if memory serves me right, Cracker doesn't imbue haki in his pretzel sword). With their haki capabilities roughly the same, Zoro easily cuts any and all parts of Luffy. It is just a style mismatch (the whole reason Zoro is the first-mate is because he takes the biggest threat to Luffy every arc).

This likely changes at the end of Wano Kuni (when Luffy gets his awakening). However, Zoro is the only one to literally toy with every opponent since 3D2Y. If the leaked spoilers about Zoro's closed eye is also true, Zoro is still not fighting at his full capabilities currently either. With Luffy struggling against Yonkou commanders (styles make fights though since I think both Luffy and Zoro easily incapacitate Jack in a 1v1), I think we have the only point in the series where Luffy is not the strongest in the crew. Since we haven't seen Jinbei fight all out, we may have someone else that exceed's Luffy's capabilities with only Gear Fourth (which is most limited by the haki time limit).Jinbei equally has the style advantage since Gyojin-Karate affects all organisms through the water manipulation (bypasses fruit protection and likely has the same offensive busoushoku advantage).

4. Glaze D. Bacon

The Fool
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I would probably say Luffy. Both are rediculously strong, but I can’t see how Zoro would be able to survive from 4th Gear.

5. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Because he can cut Luffy's arm/leg off as soon as Luffy attacks (at a minimum, Luffy cuts himself if he tries to pull back). Although Zoro cannot move at the same speed, Zoro's reaction time and slicing/swinging motions far exceed Luffy's capabilities (there's a reason why Oda never shows the deciding moment of a big Zoro fight => even too fast for us to see, plus the whole samurai action stereotype).

6. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Id say a tie at this point. Ive always seen them as equal.

Tough @Seiryu has a good point about the swords. It would be a difficult opponet for Luffy.

servo likes this.
  7. servo

Expand Collapse

I have always seen them as equal

Storm chaser likes this.
  8. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I'll let you know after wano

9. servo

Expand Collapse

We can think of Zorro and Luffy as equal but in my opinion Zorro can never surpass Luffy , I mean this is the whole setting , its Luffy who will be pirate king evetually.. but just my opinion

KKG likes this.
  10. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes but at the same time we need to take Into account the quality of enemies. Just because he is going to be PK doesn't meant he has to be powerful, he just needs to be recognized as the pirate king. That's why I want to wait for wano, everyone will hopefully get a decent battle, and if luffy at any point 1 v 1 kaido, I can say with confidence luffy is stronger.

11. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Yes,Luffy is superior to Zoro.
    He has better haki and a DF,and Zoro can't cut him because his slashes would be blocked by Luffy's haki.
    And the enemies Luffy had to face were much stronger than the ones Zoro fought.
    Luffy has more potencial for power ups.
    You're also right about the PK status of Luffy but i don't recognize anyone as the PK if he is not the most powerfull pirate in the world,and i believe most people would think like me.
    This is in my opinion the greatest failure of One Piece,the way Oda is seeing his PK.
    No man can be a Pirate King in a world infested with powerfull monsters that would try anything to stop him,specially having the special conqueror's haki wich will be in a few chosen ones to be kings.
    At that time,he will have to be strong,his strenght has to reach the sky,he needs to become a monster if he wants to compete with monsters for a legendary treasure,because even if he doesn't want to kill them,they don't think the same.

12. camoramo24

Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We can say that luffy has conquerors haki and that might give him an edge over zoro, but I dont have enough evidence to say that luffy's CoA or CoO are better than Zoro's. Luffy has been consistently getting a chance to show what he learned in his training, no one else has really gotten a chance to show how they grew in those 2 years.

Granted at this point it would be hard for me to argue for zoro's CoO since luffy just got a boost against Katskuri, but still we forget that zoro isn't doing nothing right now, and he's basically been using CoO since before the time skip. Also, in terms of CoA, let's assume for one moment zoro is equal to Cracker. Didn't cracker just cut into luffy's arm? Manga version makes it more evident that there are still a lot op people with CoA strong than luffy's

Seiryu likes this.
  13. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

as you guys said, zoro haven't used he's full. and i can tell from he's battles that zoro obviously was toying with he's opponents.
    i did choose tie, im fan of both of them that's why i know they're capabilities and i judge them as equal.
    but for sure after wano we'll see that slightly different when zoro and luffy does fight in they're 100%

Storm chaser and servo like this.
  14. Admiral Ryokugyu

New Marineford
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think it's Luffy. A lot of people think Zoro is very powerful thanks to his final attack against Pica, but they forget that Zoro needed someone to send him flying at full speed ( Orlumbus ). Without Orlumbus he couldn't have cut Pica. So in a 1v1 fight without any external assist, Luffy's Gear 4 wins.

KKG likes this.
  15. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

No matter what people say i can't see Zoro beating Mingo.
    Luffy could only beat him because he was injured by Red Haw,Gamma Knife and Leo Bazooka.
    I doubt even with those injuries Zoro could beat him.
    Luffy's CoA isn't very strong with his normal body but with gear 4th it's superior.
    With no limitation he would have won Mingo without have to injure him before.
    Mingo's soldiers were nothing compared to him.
    About Cracker,he was just a coward who was protecting himself with biscuit soldiers everytime,Luffy with gear 4th with no limits would have no problem with him,Zoro would be a different case.

Badre-san and Behnam like this.
  16. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree.

KKG likes this.
  17. Badre-san

Expand Collapse

true

KKG likes this.
  18. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

There is no doubt in my mind that Zoro would win.Literally everything in this fights screams in his favor:

1) Like @Seiryu has said,Luffy would have to use more haki to defend than Zoro would need to attack.If we were to represent haki via a point system,then if Zoro used 9 points of haki to attack,Luffy would need to use at least 10 to defend,since the defender's haki needs to be greater for the defense to be proper.Just from that,Luffy would need to use much more haki than Zoro.And since Zoro uses swords,a weapon that has offensive capabilities by itself,he doesn't even need to use haki to attack.

2) This particular match up of Luffy vs Zoro relies heavily on the very existence of haki since the compatibility of the two fighters would make the fight quite predictable if there was no haki.Now many people might think that that Luffy's disadvantage has disappeared with the appearance of haki,but that's not the case.Luffy attacks by mainly extending his arms.That would mean,that to avoid his arms getting cut by Zoro,he would have to coat his arms continuously with armament haki as they stretched out.So in the end,Luffy will end up using big amounts of haki both when attacking and when defending.So his haki reserves will not hold out for long in that state.

3) Zoro is a martial artist,and as one,his thought process,foresight and raw reflexes make him something akin to a observatory haki user or a high caliber.Try to recall Zoro's fight with Hachi at Arlong Park.He avoided all of Hachi's attacks when he was using 6 blades,and that was when observatory haki was nearly 500 episodes away.Luffy may had a power up in his fight against Katakuri,but it's still not enough to top experience gained with the perspective of a person with technique as refined as Zoro's.

4) Luffy only real chance to beat Zoro,would come from gear 4th,and gear 4th has quite a short time limit.So essentially,Luffy would have to beat Zoro in a very short amount of time,something that Zoro's tenacity would make virtually impossible.Since Luffy relies too much on raw power,he would need to be extremely more powerful than Zoro.Something that in my opinion doesn't apply and I doubt it will.But if it's going to happen,the best chance would be Luffy's DF awakening.

Grin likes this.
  19. KKG

KKG
    Biggest Kiss x Sis Fan
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

You have a great observation here,but in the end the one with the strongest bushoshuku haki is the winner.
    Zoro is not Mingo
    Zoro is not Cracker
    Zoro is not Katakuri
    Zoro fought strong enemies but not as strong as the big bosses Luffy fought.
    They are both trainned,and Luffy doesn't allways rely on brute force,he also has speed.
    He can block Zoro's slashes and can hit him hard enough to damage his swords.

Yuuzume likes this.
  20. Yuuzume

Slayer Candidate
    Busoshoku Haki Member of the Season
    Expand Collapse

The one with the strongest busoshoku...who can still use haki.In his normal form,Luffy is not strong enough for opponents that are too strong,like we saw with Mingo.The way he compensates for that lack of strength,is gear 4th.But he can only use gear 4th for a very limited time.Zoro on the other hand,has strong enough haki,to over power Pica,one of Doffy's commanders,completely.Pica was a commander,on the same level as Vergo,who rose to his position both as a pirate and as a Marine (fake) through his busoshoku haki.And Zoro beat him without breaking a sweat.While Luffy wouldn't have been able to beat Doffy if the others hadn't bought him enough time.So I believe that Zoro is at least strong enough to survive until Luffy's gear 4th runs out.After that...game over.

It may seem like I'm underestimating Luffy and overestimating Zoro,but I think I'm being objective here.Luffy is certainly strong,especially for his age,but the way he has been beating is opponents lately seems like it's 70-75% due to plot armor.The only times I remember Luffy being able to fight on equal grounds with someone after the time skip was against the Pacifista at Sabaody and the 3 fishmen at Mermaid Cove at Fishmen island.The battle with Hody was acceptable.But after that...he needed to use gear 4th 2 times to deal even less than half the damage that Law had inflicted on him,he basically just finished him off.The way he beat cracker was...unbelievably peculiar.And Katakuri...after getting beat up without while trying to figure out observation haki and only getting small hits in,he uses Snake man and somehow beats Katakuri with a few hits.The concept of Snake man may not have been bad.And I know Katakuri is supposed to have low defense,but he's a commander of a Yonko worth over 1 billion,his defense is not as weak as to get beaten by by several small hits and a couple of solid ones.I like Luffy as a character and I especially like the fact that he has gotten so far with a mediocre ability by using it ingeniously,but filling the difference in power with plot armor in 1 vs 1 fights seems a bit too much.Still,this is only my opinion.I actually think both characters are excellent fighters,I just happen to regard Zoro as a better one in general.

Seiryu likes this.