1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

Luffy's Awakened Devil Fruit.

Discussion in 'One Piece Theories' started by Fallen-S36, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

I saw the Akira scene with Cracker and a lightbulb when off in my head

Mingo can create strings. He is not made of strings. So it would make sense that his awakened power could transform objects into strings.

Luffy cannot create rubber. But he is made of rubber. It would make sense if his awakened form let him control the properties of the rubber indefinitely.

Anyone gets a feeling that Luffy's Gears are a type of a forced awakening? Hence why he cant use his power indefinitely like Mingo can.

I imagine that when luffy awakens his DF, he wouldn't have a need for gears.

2. Glaze D. Bacon

ゆーあーくーる
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I think a forced awakening doesn’t sound right. It’s more like Luffy is taking advantage of his rubbery properties to give himself a power-up in a certain area, with Gear 2 being speed and Gear 3 being power. Gear 2 works by pumping blood rapidly, which shortens Luffy’s life. Awakenings shouldn’t be meant to harm the user in any way. So if he were to get an awakening, based off the examples that were shown, Luffy should be able to turn his surroundings into rubber, but I don’t know how Oda will pull that off.

Storm chaser likes this.
  3. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

2nd isnt really forced awakening. It is Luffy trying to replicate another ability outside of his devil fruit ability.

3rd gear is a half step into fored awakening. He doesnt loose his lifespan, but he deflates into chibi luffy. Now he doesn't even deflate anymore.

The more he used this power, the less he deflated afterward. Notice that 4th gear activation is very similar to 3rd gear activation.

Where 3rd gear is half step into forced awakening, 4th gear is a half step into actual awakening. Notice that 4th gear gives him power and speed by controlling the properties of his rubber body? Thats sounds like exactly something that awakening would do.

When luffy completely awakens his DF power, he would be able to control the rubber properties of his body like he does in gear 4th without the time limit.

Luffy's gear 4th is a forced awakening

4. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I agree with @Glaze D. Bacon Luffy hasnt awaken yet.

Nothing in the series shows that you could only be awaken DF user for a little time, and then go back to being ''normal''.
    It's either you are an awakened DF user, or not. Nothing half.

5. bandurista24

Fifth Emperor
    Kenbunshoku Haki Member
    Expand Collapse

You know what. I really think luffys awakening will be like the rest of majin buus powers. Regeneration, creating a clone, limitless stretching ability, full control of his rubber body organs and muscles

Fallen-S36 likes this.
  6. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

Its forced awakening. Obviously its not true awakening, so it doesn't really last long.
    Chopper does it all the time with rumble balls. Once Chopper awakens his DF powers, he would be able to change at will without one.

7. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

The manga dosent call them froced awekening.. Wiki also dosent say anything like that. The only ones, that are awekened DF user's is the jailed beat's, Katakuri and Doffy.
    Chopper uses rumble ball for transforming. Nowhere does it say it is froced awekening.
    If it would be so easy, it wouldnt be rare.

8. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

What does the Rumble ball do? It lets him modify his DF abilities to change how animalistic or human he became.

In my mind, DF awakening is gaining the ability to able to control all aspects of your DF ability freely. Mingo's ability is to produce strings from the body. When he found out exactly how it works, he could control all aspects of it. Like the actual process of creating strings themselves. So his awakened stage lets him turn the environment into strings. The same with Dogtooth.

With Chopper, his ability isn't to produce. He ate a Zoan fruit. His ability is to transform. So it would make sense that if a Zoan fruit user could tune his DF power to freely control their beast form, it would be an awakening. Rob Lucci's transformations support it. He doesn't have to consume any special kind of medicine. He can control his beast form pretty freely to some degree. Bulky form. Lean form. Leopard form. Reminds you how badass Rob Lucci was to awaken his DF abilities shortly after consuming it.

Its forced awakening for choppers because he couldn't freely control his forms like Lucci could. He has to ingest a special medicine to forcefully awaken that ability. Hence forced awakening

Going back to Luffy

Luffy doesn't have an ability to produce rubber like Dogtooth or Mingo do with their abilities. He is made of rubber and nothing more.

So it would make sense that in his awakened stage, Luffy could freely control all aspects of his rubber properties like a Zoan would be able to control all aspects of their animal properties when awakened.

That means that when luffy forcefully blows into his haki imbued arm to alter the propertiesof his rubber body, it is a type of forced awakening. Since the awakening itself would be Luffy being able to freely control the properties of his rubber body at will without a superficial time limit of 3 minutes.

9. Behnam

The one who wants CHOIce
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's going to be easy to reach Awakening. Even Doflamingo confessed that it rarely happens. So it's hard to say that any of Straw Hats has reached this power yet.

Also if we look at this issue from another side, writer's side. We can find out that the Straw hats are really weak and they need another power up to fight equal with Yonko and the great powers of New World. About the Luffy's gear 4, I can say it's just Haki. Luffy uses his Haki more than enough and it's going to be a problem for his health, I guess. Not anything to do with his Awakening though.

10. Fallen-S36

Expand Collapse

I agree that it wont be easy. Like Chopper, what luffy is doing in gear 4th is artificial.

But luffy time in gear 4th will increase steadily with every use in battle. Its like an enlightenment. Slowly the various piece fit together and then they eventually click.

Luffy wont be able to fight an Emperor evenly unless he is awakened. Meaning that he has to be able to utilize his super elasticity indefinitely and other aspects of rubber indefinitely.

Behnam likes this.
  11. Storm chaser

Rock n' Roll
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

I do think Luffy will be awekened at somepoint of the story. Maby Chopper too.
    Training can also make you freely control your beast side. DF user's need's to train theyre ability, to get more control of it.

I dont think it is forced awekening. The manga would say it otherwise.
    Let's just agree to disagree with this. :)