1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

[Manga spoilers] The will of garp: why roger survives from him

Discussion in 'One Piece General' started by MoguMoguNo, Aug 20, 2018.

1. MoguMoguNo

Expand Collapse

Will of D.

It still on the top 3 most mysterious part of the series, where lots of fans are dying to know.

We all know so far that D's are the so called "god's natural enemies". And if were talking about gods probably the celestial dragons (doffy included) will come first to mind. Well its logical thinking that way since all D's event directly hit the world government where the CD was the head.

From roger being the pk to saul saving the last kin of ohara. All of it becomes a big problem for the wg and cd. Okay lets put luffy beating dd a part of it but i think that fight was just a part or the start of luffy making his own storm.

But in all of this Ds. It seems like something fall differently.

Im talking about Garp. 1 of 2 Ds the marines have. Well saul makes his call of his will by saving robin and he pay it with his life. But how about garp?

Till now garp's role to the series was all about giving a favor for the world government directly contributing to this so called gods. Well we can say that his will were probably giving life to luffy and dragon but i cant settle with that. Hey he's the marine hero afterall.

So here i was, thinking if D's were just a "celestial dragon/noble enemy".If so then what makes garp as part of Ds?

Garp was beating pirates after pirates for decades and probsbly his greatest feat was he became the key in stopping "rocks", the group who described as unimaginable world catastrophy. A group whose power is no way lesser than rhp or probably stronger. But with all of that he still unable to stop or catch roger. I found it pretty odd coz it happened before roger's name shines like a gold.

So im thinking if "god" were only referring about the celestial dragons or the head of world government.

What if these "Gods" was about the guys who want to rule the world? Shiki and "the rocks" included as "gods". Pretty simple way of thinking but thats actually the most logical reason why garp were also a D. Well thats all i can think off.

So Will of D was the true keepers of power balance in opverse. Giving a deadly blow to those "Gods" who want to rule the world (CD,im,shiki,rocks,doffy,croco etc). So garp stopping lots of evil pirates was one of the wills. Well hes the pirate's devil afterall.

And with that it seems more logical now why garp was unable to stop roger while he become a great deal in stopping a group as powerful as "rocks". It seems a D cant stop another D to do the will. So whatever happens, even garp was stronger. Garp cant stop roger in doing what the pk wants to do. Garp cant stop the will since he was a D too.

So thats also why even they tried to kill each other numerous times. They always failed. Well if roger were stronger than garp then he can kill the hero or vice versa.its given since they both had an intent to kill.

Seiryu likes this.
  2. Seiryu

Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum!

I pretty much agree with everything stated. The biggest universal trait is that the D.'s all follow their own will/desires/beliefs. Most D. members are turned off by the true evils of the Tenryuubito/Government, but we can probably assume Saul would have done the exact same thing as Garp with the recent Reverie events. So it is only natural that D.'s are not Marines/Government officials since their freewill is chained by the Government. This is also why Luffy is the perfect Pirate King since he values freedom so much.

I can't remember the exact quote, but I'm quite sure Garp himself talks about Roger in the same mannerism as this topic (the reason why he took over Ace's upbringing was directly because of his respect for Roger after all their life/death battles.

Going to have to add a spoiler tag since manga content in mentioned FYI.