1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

MEMBER OF THE YEAR: 2017 [VOTING]

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Marco Polo, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

#1 Marco Polo, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    It's that time of year again, and it's time for the 4th Annual One Piece Forum Member of the Year Contest! (Or at least, the fourth one that's still in this section). A year is a long time, and members often come and go much quicker than that, but these awards are here to recognise those of you who, whether it's because you really like everyone here, or if it's because you have nothing better to do, or even if it's because you have something better to do but want to avoid doing it, have stuck with the forum through thick and thin for the past calendar year.

With new mods being promoted, a pink revolution that was cruelly thwarted by an administrator with a heart of stone (jk Owl I love you very much), and the forum's first ever live event on social media, as well as shitposts and funny status jokes galore, it's been an eventful year for the forum.

Now that I've finished all the pre-amble, let's get in to the awards!

*​

MEMBER OF THE YEAR - 2017

Voting will run from December 5th - December 31st

RULES
    • You can only fill out one voting form.
    • You can edit your vote until the end of the voting.
    • You can't vote for yourself. If you vote for yourself, your vote will not count
    • You can't vote for the same person in more than 3 categories.
    • MEMBER OF THE YEAR category is a MUST. All the others are optional.
    • In case of a draw in the MEMBER OF THE SEASON category, the number of the total votes in the previous categories will be taken into consideration.
    • Please do not vote for someone only because you know him/her the best.
    • SUBMIT VOTING FORMS TO @Marco Polo VIA PM.

CATEGORIES

Nicest Member:
    Funniest Member:
    Best Newcomer*:
    Most Active Member:
    (NEW!!)Most Helpful Member:
    Most Knowledgeable Member:
    Best Forum Team Member:

(NEW!!)Best Taste in Avatars:
    Best Signature:
    (NEW!!)Best Status Writer:
    Best Custom User Title:

The Pervert:
    The Fanboy:
    The Chef:
    The Artist:
    (NEW!!)The Writer:
    The Gamer:
    (NEW!!)The DJ:

(NEW!!)OPF Moment Of The Year:

MEMBER OF THE YEAR:

Code:
    Nicest Member:
    Funniest Member:
    Best Newcomer:
    Most Active Member:
    Most Helpful Member:
    Most Knowledgeable Member:
    Best Forum Team Member:

Best Taste in Avatars:
    Best Signature:
    Best Status Writer:
    Best Custom User Title:

The Pervert:
    The Fanboy:
    The Chef:
    The Artist:
    The Writer:
    The Gamer:
    The DJ:

OPF Moment Of The Year:

MEMBER OF THE YEAR:

A Guide To The New Categories

Since I've included a few new categories here, I'll go through them all here now:

Most Helpful Member: Awarded to a member who has either helped you out a lot when you've had queries or problems, or a member you've seen helping others and getting involved with the community on a regular basis. Forum Team Members are ineligible; it's our "job" to do that anyway.

Best Taste In Avatars: A new slant on the "Best Avatar" award from last year's member of the year. Since members can frequently and easily change their avatars, this award goes to the member whose avatars make you look for a second and say "wow, that's a nice avatar"

Best Status Writer: Again, a re-interpretation of last year's "Best Status" award. This goes to the member who abuses those 140 characters on their profile page the best. This can be either in a comedic or informative sense. Whatever floats your boat.

The Writer: Like "The Artist" but for writing.

The DJ: Awarded to the member, who whether it's through the "What are you listening to?" thread or through private conversation, showcases a dope ass taste in music.

OPF Moment of the Year: In a vibrant community like the One Piece Forum, there are several memorable moments that take place over the course of a year. This award is here to recognise those moments. Vote for your most memorable moment over the course of 2017. And don't forget to @ the user(s) involved!

*Best Newcomer Eligibility

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed a little asterisk (*) next to the "Best Newcomer" award. And this is where that asterisk is adressed. A year is a long time, and sometimes it can be a little difficult to remember who joined over the course of the year. This section is here to help you with that! I won't be including every single member who joined in 2017, just the ones who are still currently active. If I've missed out the person you wanted to vote for, it doesn't matter, you can still vote for them. Just remember: Only members who joined between January 1, 2017 - December 5, 2017 are eligible for this award.

Beginners Guide to Voting: How Do I Send a PM?

This is here just in case anyone who wants to vote has never sent a PM before.

2017-12-05.png
    Hover your mouse over the message tray, and then click "Start a New Conversation"

2017-12-05 (2).png
    Type my username (Marco Polo) in to the "Participants" box. When my name and my avatar show up, click on it. That way, the message will go to me.

2017-12-05 (3).png

Title your message something appropriate, like "Member of the Year voting form", so I know that it's your voting form and not a love letter. Copy the Voting Form from earlier in the thread, and fill it out. For the record, the voting form example in this screenshot is against the rules, since you can only vote for a member three times maximum. Make sure you don't break any of the rules.

2017-12-05 (4).png

Once your form is completely filled out, click the "Start a Conversation" button, and the message will reach me, and your votes will be counted.

That's everything from me, now get voting!
    This thread will remain locked, so if you have any questions, send them to me via PM (you should all be able to do that now)

2. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

15 days left! Make sure to get your votes in on time

3. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

Less than 10 days to go!

Only had 10 forms in so far, make sure you get yours in on time...

4. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

FOUR DAYS LEFT HURRY

5. Marco Polo

ダサい
    Expand Collapse

Votes are being counted now, results up soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.