1. Check out our latest video "One Piece Discussion: Wano Hype!" and discuss it with us!
  2. We have a new Facebook page! You can like it by clicking HERE!

More seasonal and monthly events

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Support' started by Bakugan2556, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Bakugan2556

Nintendo Enthusiast, Currently playing Splatoon 2
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Before I begin, YESS @Marco Polo I know you started the "theory of the month" stuff, Im just expanding upon that.

ANYWAY, disclamers aside, I think there should be, as I've mentioned in my previous posts and threads, more ways to, shall we say, "hook" people into this forum. So, what should we do?
    HAVE MORE EVENTS

The "Member of the season" and other events are okay, but they are often, from my experience, overlooked by some members. I dont have any data on that btw, dont ask

So, what should we do...?

I think that @Owl and @Cosmos should elect a kind of "Game Master" who has some Mod powers(locking threads, deleting posts, not merging, etc)
    who is in charge of all the seasonal/monthly events.

He/she should also have some special mod powers, such as being able to make "special polls" which are less restricted than normal polls, for the purpose of making it easier to tally votes(you should make a poll in the voting thread for totm, btw @Marco Polo)

He/she should also have the power to say, "announce" these threads, by sending a alert 1 time to all active users(and users who havent been on in >1 month) that allows them to easily find that post.

Now, here's the best part: IDEAS FOR NEW EVENTSSS

First idea:
    Best script of the month, self explanitory.
    @G12 Yugioh tournament.

also, the person next to me might join this forum, btw, FUCKKKK

2. Marco Polo

joe cool
    Super Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't mind this, actually. We had good engagement with Theory of the Month, we've had good engagement with the OPF championship so far, and PAW/SoTM are trundling along nicely, so we have room for expansion. @Cosmos and I are working on something, actually...

I haven't seen you taking part in many of the ongoing events so far, hint hint

Member of the Season isn't really an "event" per se, but I've found we've been getting a good number of votes on that. You should vote next time, man

@Owl and @Cosmos have already appointed 5 "Game Masters" in myself, @Kyros , @Seiryu , @sweetjacky and @Chaudfontaine . Currently, it's Jacky, Chaud and I who are mainly hosting events but we have more if we need. If you'd like to help out with running events, I'm always taking volunteers. I believe I've roped @Deathbloke in to helping me out every now and then already, heh heh.

As for auto alerts, that's up to the admins to implement.

I think if you want to "hook" people into the forum, it should be with an event that takes place in the forum.

Also, tell him to join, everyone is welcome here

Storm chaser and Deathbloke like this.
  3. Chaudfontaine

Chaudius Caesar
    Moderator Member of the Year 2017 YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

Man, i'm hosting games since 2016. Sotw, caption this, valentines,... if you want more games, host them. If you don't get enough people, welcome to our world.

Marco Polo, Grin and Tony like this.
  4. sweetjacky

Purrrrple Kitty
    Moderator YouTube Team
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't like more special events like valentine and secret santa. For example an easter event and a helloween event would be cool.

And also a cosplay event would be pretty cool but instead of actual cosplays they need to use stuff from home, kinda like that "low cost cosplay" guy.

Marco Polo and Grin like this.
  5. Grin

Only hers
    Haoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

Well if @Krazy or someone else feels up for it, I'd totally participate in a new run of User Tournament.
    It's definitely a more engaging event where everyone gets to use their creativity and knowledge of OP.

Marco Polo likes this.
  6. Zeek

Luffy's Grappling Coach
    Busoshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

We need Zeek appreciation month...I agree!

Chaudfontaine likes this.
  7. Bakugan2556

Nintendo Enthusiast, Currently playing Splatoon 2
    Kenbunshoku Haki
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Zeek likes this.